Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%
The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

4.8

I have been reading a lot about this brand and I was so eager to try it. Among other products that I bought from them, I also included this one. My skin is sometimes dry, sometimes acne-prone, sometimes just dull and you can see all the motherhood and the daily stress on it. Of course, the fine lines are knocking on my door, ya know! So I bought it thinking it would give that kind of glow and to ease my transition into the world of anti aging regimens. I usually use it before I exfoliate my face with the Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2% from the brand, a night before, then I apply the Retinoid 2% and I end up using the Buffet Serum.

Tbh I was expecting to see a stronger reaction of my face (flakiness and all that) but nope...I do wake up with a brighter, smoother skin and I also feel it helps with my sometimes sent from Hell acne. I find it kinda difficult to do "layering" with it, with all their products actually, but maybe it's just because I am a newbie to it :)

I find it suitable for someone who isn't that accustomed to retinoids and the price is such a great deal! I'd buy again this product but I would also like to try something more stronger.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This has worked miracles on my skin! After one use, I noticed my acne was much less angry, my skin was smoother, and I had a glow.
After weeks of use, my skin is much brighter and I barely break out anymore! It is gentle enough on my skin that I haven't had any redness, peeling or irritation. Other retinols I have used in the past have caused sensitivity and flaking, bit this one is just so soothing. This even fixed spots/blackheads/texture that even my trusty Paula's Choice BHA and AHA gels can't rid!
My nightly routine is cleanse, BHA, AHA, this retinoid, moisturiser with a couple of drops of the Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid and then let it absorb before bed. My skin hasn't looked better!
I am 32, have dry skin and starting to get forehead and undereye lines. Hopefully the retinol slows this process!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this. I alternate between using this and Skinceuticals 0.3 retinol and my skin is definitely looking brighter, although only time will tell whether this fades my pigmentation. Even with my acne scars however, I notice my skin glows and looks fresh and for the price point this product cant be beat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was wary using this because I've never used any advanced Skincare products before this. I have to say I'm pleased with the results so far. It's been a week and my skin is looking brighter and clearer. I hope to see even more results with prolonged use.

on 7/27/2017 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic product! I use 2 times a week at night time and next morning my skin feels bright and soft. For the price, it is a winner.

on 6/3/2017 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This serum is absolutely brilliant for my skin. I'm used to retin A a couple of times a week and have no sensitivity issues. I wanted to keep up my retinoid during the week but without necessarily resorting to strong retinol as I'm not totally convinced that aggressive products are good in the long run for my skin.
I've used this serum for about two months now and I love how it leaves my skin. Fresh, peachy, even toned. I never fail to notice how the general tone of my skin looks rested and even in the morning. I also apply it around my eyes as a treatment at night and never had any problem. I apply this serum and after about 30 minutes I top it up with an oil or hyaluronic acid and moisturizer.
I love most Ordinary products but this is really my favourite. Needless to say I'll keep repurchasing it.

on 5/17/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So I decided to jump on The Ordinary bandwagon after:

1. getting sick of spending my hard earned cash on average serums (Khiels midnight recovery, Aesop and Estee Lauder anyone?); and

2. seeing it on sale on AdoreBeauty.

Although it seems impossible, after two nights of using this serum I can tell it's a winner.

At first I was a bit apprehensive because of low price (hoowww do they make it so potent but so cheap?) and some reviews on here (people say it's sticky).

I won't lie, on application I did find it slightly sticky. However, this went away about 3 minutes later and the product had completely absorbed. Great.

For background, I am not an alabaster beauty. My skin is medium tone, combination/oily, uneven and generally looks terrible without makeup.

Woke up this morning and had to look twice.

My usually tired, blotchy and sallow skin looked even, plump and bright. My frown line (which is there constantly) was so much less pronounced. My makeup went on like a dream also.

This is probably the first skincare item that I have used where I have noted a substantial difference.

When I think about all the money I have wasted on expensive skincare, I cringe. Don't bother with the expensive stuff, save your cash and buy this instead!

on 3/18/2017 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Brilliant addition to my bedtime beauty regime! I didn't get on very well with using pure retinol as I just couldn't cope with the excessive peeling on my face. So I thought I'd give this a go. I have only been using this for about a month and I can see the difference in my skin/fine lines. I know this product will take longer to achieve the results of pure retinol but this does not give you any peeling whatsoever, so for me it's a winner! I have tried all the products from The Ordinary and they are all truly amazing!!