Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

4.2

on 2/24/2019 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the only retinoids that doesnt irritate or break me out badly. I use it every evening, it soaks in quickly and I feel like it works well for me. I can't afford expensive treatments or products so I will stick with this! Worth a try.

on 2/17/2019 1:39:00 PM

Retin A sucks, it didn’t cause me irritation or redness in fact, I have used Retin A for 3 months and it did not make my skin smooth or glowing unlike the ordinary 2% retinol emulsion. It is moisturizing and makes my skin glow the next day. This is one of the best skincare products I have ever used.

i love everything from this company and am amazed at the inexpensive prices.
this product is one of my favourites, i definitely notice my skin is softer and more even overall after using this.
the whole ordinary line is pretty outstanding and i am so grateful to this company for creating effective and affordable products!

on 1/12/2019 8:36:00 AM

Having used .5% retinol since my late twenties, buying 2% retinoid at this price felt like a steal! The serum-like consistency and rapid absorption peaked my expectations. Two weeks in, no purging or peeling. After a month, dullness and laxity were undeniable. Feeling stupid and returning to my old standby retinol. It's more expensive, but works.

on 12/12/2018 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm on my 5th bottle and this is THE ONE skincare product I literally cannot live without.
In my mid 30's, my skin is constantly battling whiteheads, photodamage (i live in the tropics) where sun exposure lasts all year round, working indoor with the AC on, so my skin is also dry. I'm active and having small pores make them clogged easily, turn into cystic acnes or whiteheads.
I've tried to stop using this for a while since I was afraid of acid resistance -where your skin doesnt respond to acid treatment; but it was a mistake. My whiteheads,milia, and cystic acnes return, and my skin is so so dry and patchy it doesnt look good in the most hydrating foundationg either.
This is a milk-like runny liquid, and the pipette is brilliant. It has no smell, no sticky residue on my fingers, it doesnt make your skin dry. It is very soft but effective exfoliating product that helps your skin to regenerate faster.

I use this in the PM, along with my FTE and other serums, seal it with Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for chronic dry skin, and The Ordinary Plant Derived Squalane. It absorps quickly, as I usually massage it into my skin and then do some patting.
When I add this back to my PM routine, my skin clears up, the whiteheads and acnes gone, and it is now plumped, and hydrated. I cant live without this. Happy skin, happy me. I will keep buying this as I recommend it to everyone who has the same problems with mine and they too are satisfied with the result. With very very affordable price tag, I cant complain and I am thankful for this brilliant, brilliant product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I changed from Peter Thomas Roth and Paula's Choice to the Ordinary because of the price. The consistency is a bit thicker compared to the other brands I was using. I don't know about the results, I cannot see anything evident from any brand, so I will continue using it.

on 6/14/2018 7:09:00 PM

I've just finished my bottle of this. I used it every 4th night and applied moisturiser and oil over the top of it. I have dry aging skin with a lot of sun damage. I have wrinkles.

This didn't magically make my wrinkles disappear or cause me to wake up one morning looking like a 20 year old.

It feels nice on the skin, it doesn't upset my skin, it doesn't dry out my skin. It didn't cause break outs or irritation or any other issues and its cheap.

I added retinoids to my skincare routine a year ago as i had noticed my skin was dull and had a lot of texture on my cheek bones. At the time I added a retinoid product (LRP), the lactic acid from The Ordinary and Vitamin C products. Over the past 12 months I've noticed an improvement in my skin, the texture slowly sloughed away and my skin became brighter and softer. I have gone from using heavier foundations to cover up non healthy looking skin to using sheer coverage because I'm happy with how healthy my skin looks. I still have discolouration from years of living outdoors in the sun, but overall my skin looks so much nicer. I attribute those positive changes to adding retinoids along with a gentle AHA and vitamin C into my skincare routine. I will continue to use retinoid products, especially affordable ones such as this one.

on 6/8/2018 12:57:00 PM

This stuff gave me BAD breakouts!!! Bought a setup suited for dry skin butt hell no. Took months to recover the skin. Contacted them and got a full refund which made my heart melt a bit. Advanced stuff full of shit. Go for eco instead.

on 5/13/2018 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have used prescription retinoids in the past and I found that they worked fine on the oilier parts of my skin by wreaked havoc on any drier areas. I don't have any wrinkles or fine lines yet so I decided to take a step back and start with retinol. I always had a hard time securing a retinol product I liked because they were so expensive. I could not fathom paying more money for a product that was weaker than prescription strength Retin A. I was really glad when The Ordinary introduced their retinol products. The Advanced Retinoid 2% Serum works very well. I did not experience any irritation. The formula went on nicely and absorbs quickly. After weeks I could definitely see that my skin was clearer and more even. By the time I finished the bottle I was hooked. I wish the formula included some other antioxidants or ceramides but it is excellent value and it works.

on 5/10/2018 12:09:00 AM

This diffinitely beats out the Neutrogena antiwrinkle creams I've used in the past. It's so light and easily absorbed, I love it! It doesn't irritate my skin, but between this and the ordinary's vitamin c serum every morning, my skin has never looked or felt better. If you've tried retinol creams before and didn't like them, I encourage you to try this out. Plus, the price is HALF of what I used to pay for Neutrogena.