Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%
The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is one of the more powerful OTC retinols available. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, although I have used retinols for a while now. My 65y old mother is obsessed with this, I have to bring her shipments back to the US whenever I see her.

on 7/26/2017 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Sad face from the Ordinary 2% Retinoid. It has caused a bit of havoc on my face (havoc for me as I don't have skin issues) Had hoped to use this for fine lines. Surprised as it sounded like this would be a super star based on all the other reviews. Three Big raised pimples appeared after using it. I have never had any skin issues with pimples or acne. One or two pimples around that time of month. So was shocked at what happened. The pimples are large and deep. Oddly they do not hurt. I stopped using it to see if the Retinoid was the culprit. I had used a strong AHA/BHA Mask prior to staring the Retinoid so was not sure what caused the breakout. I took an antibiotic for a few days along with a steroid and my face cleared. I used it again ONE time and wham a giant pimple appeared! It is trying to heal right now. Very upsetting. Could my skin be purging? I plan to get in to see a Dermatologist. Hope others have better results with the product. Again, sad face as I did like it a first.

on 5/20/2017 3:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Realised it was time I started adding some higher strength retinol to my skincare again, and given how much I trust these guys, this was my first choice.

It's great - the most important thing is that there's pretty much none of the usual initial retinol soreness from using this stuff. (don't know if anyone else finds that off putting but it has stopped me from using other products in the past )

My skin was a little on the pink/ fresh side the first time but I built up the dose gradually.

It's a thin milky fluid so you need to layer it on damp skin or other product so it spreads properly but that really is the only downside. Other people may actually like that about it.

Anyhow, I'm a few months and half a bottle down and this is helping my skin look fresher, firmer and clearer.

Absolutely brilliant, especially considering the price.