Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

3.9

on 10/31/2017 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

There really isn't any reason not to try this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, I tried but ended up tossing. I'm not at all convinced that this particular retinol formulation is enough to produce any results on skin that is used to regular retinols (not Rx, just over the counter ). It felt nice enough but a little too moisturizing for my oily/combo skin. I think for a first time retinol user it would be a good way to ease in to retinols if your skin is sensitive or dry-ish.

I have been reading a lot about this brand and I was so eager to try it. Among other products that I bought from them, I also included this one. My skin is sometimes dry, sometimes acne-prone, sometimes just dull and you can see all the motherhood and the daily stress on it. Of course, the fine lines are knocking on my door, ya know! So I bought it thinking it would give that kind of glow and to ease my transition into the world of anti aging regimens. I usually use it before I exfoliate my face with the Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2% from the brand, a night before, then I apply the Retinoid 2% and I end up using the Buffet Serum.

Tbh I was expecting to see a stronger reaction of my face (flakiness and all that) but nope...I do wake up with a brighter, smoother skin and I also feel it helps with my sometimes sent from Hell acne. I find it kinda difficult to do "layering" with it, with all their products actually, but maybe it's just because I am a newbie to it :)

I find it suitable for someone who isn't that accustomed to retinoids and the price is such a great deal! I'd buy again this product but I would also like to try something more stronger.

on 8/26/2017 11:37:00 PM

This is one of my favorite products from The Ordinary. It feels light, absorbs quickly, and doesn't irritate my skin. I've been using for about a month and use this every night. Each morning, I wake up to a smoother, more even complexion. I don't ever want to be without this.

on 7/6/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is pretty decent, i will keep purchasing it. it is definitely the best product i've tried so far from the ordinary. the first time i used it there were noticeable results the next morning. although the effect hasn't continued to be as dramatic, i do feel that my skin is in a better condition from using it.

on 7/4/2017 10:04:00 AM

I've been using this every other day now for about maybe 2 weeks. I don't see any difference with my pores, texture/lines or my milia going away. All I can say, is that it has given me a slight glow when I wake up and does not irritate my skin at all, but it did broke me out at first. I will try it a few more weeks and see how it goes.
And another thing...there's something dodgy with the top squeezer when I squeeze it, only bubbles form out unless I shake it...disappointed.

I am just now starting this line and I am very impressed. I like Paula's Choice products, but they can run pricey, even with the 20% off sales. The reviews on her site are not favorable, but she has a lot to lose.

I personally love the idea of customizing my own skin care line. I don't mind mixing several serums together to make a cocktail that works for me. I purchased 6 items and the net cost of all six were still LESS than some of my most expensive serums.

The company has a great philosophy and great products that WORK and do not kill your wallet.

This retinol is great. My skin did not react adversely and looks great. Retinol is an important part of any skincare regimen. I have read some reviews that the 1% is somehow more potent (which I don't understand), so next time I will try it instead since I've been a retinol user for years. I do not use prescription Retin-A as I do not like the red faced peely look that accompany its use. This does not cause any irritation on my skin. Highly recommend.