Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

4.3

on 10/6/2017 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ive only used this once (i just started introducing retinol into my skincare routine) but so far i havent got any negative reaction from it whatsoever. i have a good feeling about the product coz i was afraid that my skin wasnt going to respond well to a retinol treatment but so far there has been no irritation no nothing so thats good. will continue using it for a year and see how i get on with it and update this review.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this. I alternate between using this and Skinceuticals 0.3 retinol and my skin is definitely looking brighter, although only time will tell whether this fades my pigmentation. Even with my acne scars however, I notice my skin glows and looks fresh and for the price point this product cant be beat.

on 7/31/2017 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm a bit up in the air with how I feel about this product. I'm still in the "testing" phase, but I didn't see results like most people did. I have clear skin from use of topical BP and have sensitive skin with melasma.

I used this for a little more than a week - and I don't know how others are seeing immediate, next day results - but my skin didn't look any different. It FELT smoother, but I'm aiming for fading of fine lines, wrinkles, and melasma. I didn't see any of this better after a week, but I'm not surprised. I believe it takes much longer (like 4 weeks) to see serious results with retinoids. Just keep that in mind when trying this product out.

I did, however, start to see little whiteheads appear on my left side of nose area. I didn't break out/purge anywhere else - but at this point, I was using this stuff every other night and noticed my skin was starting to get a bit greasier than normal. I'm guessing - for me - it was overuse of this product -- AKA: too much exfoliation. I stopped using it - but plan to try going back to using this once, maybe 2 times a week AT THE MOST.

Because this product is a chemical exfoliant, I'm a bit shocked that most websites recommend using it nightly if your skin can tolerate it. I've seen the same recommendations for AHA, too. I didn't think ANYONE should be exfoliating their skin every single night. It seems a bit harsh, and a bit overkill. If your skin is like mine, the excessive exfoliation started to cause more oil production and I was getting more greasy. This happens when you overexfoliate (high turnover of cells). I use my moisturizer twice a day - so it's not for a lack of moisturizer. I wouldn't do a skin scrub on my face every single night, why in the world would I use a chemical one? Even the most basic facial scrubs (like my elf one that I love) will tell you to not exfoliate every night.

Will see how my skin handles once/twice a week.