Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

3.0

on 7/1/2017 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

yep love this. Helped me cure my hormonal acne! thank you so much Deciem!

on 2/18/2017 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I wanted to try this out because the price point is ridiculous and I've been wanting to add a retinoid product into my skincare routine, so this was a no-brainer. After about two months of trying this out, I have come to the conclusion that this has done absolutely nothing for my skin. I had a bit of mild purging for the first week and a half or so, but that was to be expected. After that, I was hoping to see a gradual improvement in the appearance of my skin. It never happened. On nights that I decided to skip this product, I noticed no difference compared to the nights that I did use it.

I recently started Curology, and my skincare expert actually advised me to stop using this product as it has Carrageenan, which is a level 5 on the comedogenic scale on cosDNA. Since I've stopped using this, I actually think my skin has gotten better. I really wanted to like this, but I just did not.