Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/24/2017 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It is my first retinoid. I started every other night and I realised that's way too much. My face starting breaking out like crazy and I thought it was just the "purging phase" but after some research (read: googling) I toned down the regimen to once a week for a month and recently I just increased the frequency to 2x a week.

I think this product is really helpful? It helps with the existing acne scars/redness from previous acne. Though it does cause me to break out at places I don't normally have breakouts, which is my jawline.

Although it smells a little funky, it absorbs really fast (this seems to be common with all The Ordinary products) which is great.

UPDATE: I read somewhere that retinoid can take 8-12 weeks to have its effect and I think that's the case. Right now, I'm breaking out a lot less than before and my remaining acne have more or less cleared up. I do still get some occasional breakout but nothing compared to before.