Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%
The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, I tried but ended up tossing. I'm not at all convinced that this particular retinol formulation is enough to produce any results on skin that is used to regular retinols (not Rx, just over the counter ). It felt nice enough but a little too moisturizing for my oily/combo skin. I think for a first time retinol user it would be a good way to ease in to retinols if your skin is sensitive or dry-ish.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was previously using neutrogena's retinol products but I found that they were heavier and broke me out over time. I switched to the ordinary after doing some research and reading the reviews on this website. It took a week of application before I saw a difference, in the first week my skin texture actually got worse while it adjusted to the product. Now my pores are smaller and faint fine lines on my forehead have been plumped up. I use a vit c serum, wait a while then apply this serum and top with the ordinary's nmf lotion. I'm becoming a huge fan of this brand, I love their simple products and great prices.

EDIT: I should mention that I had trouble with this product at first because I was applying way too much of it. Two or three drops is seriously all you need and I found that any more made my face super dehydrated. Less is more with this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So I started using this 3 days ago, and WOW. I tried a retinol cream from my dermatologist once, and I was dry nonstop, even though my skin is usually oily. I know it's normal with retinoids, but who has time for that? Lol. I gave up on retinol and wasn't really thinking about trying it again until I found out about this line. I get lots of clogged pores, especially on the cheeks. After 3 days of use, my skin already looks smoother, and the overall tone is much more even. I use this after cleansing and applying a toner, I wait 30 mins to an hour, then apply moisturizer. It's important with any serum to let it sit on your face for a little while, I find that they are much more effective this way. It is a little sticky, but it dries fast. I don't need a lot of product, only a few drops. I'm amazed that it does not dry my skin out whatsoever, even after using it for a few days in a row. I hear that this is great for aging skin as well. Try this serum out. It seems to be super effective, and it's very affordable compared to other products like this!