Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was wary using this because I've never used any advanced Skincare products before this. I have to say I'm pleased with the results so far. It's been a week and my skin is looking brighter and clearer. I hope to see even more results with prolonged use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great retinol product especially for the price! Would definitely buy again :)
My skin type: sensitive, dehydrated & extremely prone to acne and clogged pores

Pros:
- didn't break me out (didn't even experience purging which is normal for retinol products)
- great texture similar to that of a thin moisturizer/ emulsion
- did not make my skin drier or cause any flakiness/ dry patches, which I used to get from prescription retinol
- good stable packaging

Cons:
- effects aren't as fast/ extreme as prescription retinol

Edit: changed from 4 to 3 lippies,as I've realized this (and other retinol products) makes my textured skin and pitted scars look even more obvious :(

on 7/6/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is pretty decent, i will keep purchasing it. it is definitely the best product i've tried so far from the ordinary. the first time i used it there were noticeable results the next morning. although the effect hasn't continued to be as dramatic, i do feel that my skin is in a better condition from using it.

on 6/25/2017 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried a lot of products from the Ordinary due to its price point. This is one of my favorite products hands down. I've tried a lot of retinoid products, this is the only one that not only packs a punch but is also non-irritating. My skin is very tolerant to retinoids so i'm not sure how sensitive skin users would like this product but for my acne prone, combination skin, this is great. I would recommend to anyone who is acne prone but wants a treatment serum which also has hydration.

on 6/8/2017 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had mild to moderate acne since the age of 16 (now 28) and have been put on accutane regime twice. I have done several chemical peels and microdermabrasion. I used tretinoine (in the form of isotrex) until december 2016. On january 2017 I purchased a La Roche Posay retinol product called Redermic R with no positive outcomes. I have been reading and informed from my derm about the benefits of retinoids and that's why I insisted.
Now about the actual condition of my skin. I do have enlarged pores and a lot of blackheads. I do get the occasional breakout usually around the beginning or end of my cycle (my acne was and still is hormone related) and am prone to comedones and whiteheads. What really bothers me and I want to solve is acne scarring and signs of premature aging which I have a lot due to harsh chemicals used to cure acne. I have a lot of small lines on my cheeks which are visible when I smile, am developing crows feet and permanent lines on my forehead.
I have used this product so far JUST ONCE,yesterday evening. I put it all over my face and neck. I even put it around my eyes and I didn't use any hydrator cause it felt pretty oily afterwards. The results I got in the morning were AMAZING!! My skin looked plump and healthy and my crows feet weren't that much noticeable. I still can't believe this isn't total bs and waste of money. I have been buying estee lauder eye creams, with no results, for about 4 years now and those things are damn expensive. This on the other hand is so cheap! I really hope it works in the long run! I don't care about the purging phase ,if it will happen to me, I am already used to acne. Just want something to incorporate to my routine that actually does a difference.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm working my way through all The Ordinary products but this was the first one I tried, so the one I've been using the longest. I haven't used many other retinol products in the past but the one I have been using the past year is tested on animals and my new year's resolution was to purge my life of anything that isn't cruelty free. I was very excited to discover The Ordinary because they state very clearly that they are a cruelty free brand. I switched to this retinol about 6 weeks ago and haven't seen any drastic results, I only use it on my forehead area because I have incredibly purge prone skin and learnt my lesson with retinols but my forehead is also the only area of my face that is showing signs of ageing. I experienced a tiny purge, a couple of small pimples after a few weeks but overall my skin has reacted very well to this. It's extremely gentle, I use a small amount every night and have experienced no dryness or peeling, the texture is milky and a little greasy once on but as my forehead is quite dry I actually like this. Nothing drastic has happened to the lines or pores on my forehead but it's certainly maintaining the results from my pervious retinol, I'm going to keep going with it because it's such a gentle product and so cheap but I will probably add their 1% and compare at some point.

on 5/17/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So I decided to jump on The Ordinary bandwagon after:

1. getting sick of spending my hard earned cash on average serums (Khiels midnight recovery, Aesop and Estee Lauder anyone?); and

2. seeing it on sale on AdoreBeauty.

Although it seems impossible, after two nights of using this serum I can tell it's a winner.

At first I was a bit apprehensive because of low price (hoowww do they make it so potent but so cheap?) and some reviews on here (people say it's sticky).

I won't lie, on application I did find it slightly sticky. However, this went away about 3 minutes later and the product had completely absorbed. Great.

For background, I am not an alabaster beauty. My skin is medium tone, combination/oily, uneven and generally looks terrible without makeup.

Woke up this morning and had to look twice.

My usually tired, blotchy and sallow skin looked even, plump and bright. My frown line (which is there constantly) was so much less pronounced. My makeup went on like a dream also.

This is probably the first skincare item that I have used where I have noted a substantial difference.

When I think about all the money I have wasted on expensive skincare, I cringe. Don't bother with the expensive stuff, save your cash and buy this instead!