Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

3.8

on 10/10/2017 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this, I admire The Ordinary brand and their efforts to simplify skincare choices at a great price point. BUT, this has done nothing for my skin except dry it out, even with moisturiser and oil on top, and using only every other night - I always had flaky skin around my nose which would only come off with manual exfoliation. I used to use Paula's Choice 1% retinol, with minimal irritation so I don't think it was a acclimation issue. The lines on my face have gotten worse (granted, this has been a very stressful year for me), so after persevering through a bottle and a half of this, I'm switching to a more emollient retinol product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have used it for 6-7 weeks, only during PM.
Started slow using once a week for 3 weeks, then twice a week for 2 weeks, then every third day, now every day.
I use it to fade acne scars, get better skin texture and avoid future wrinkles as much as possible.
Consistency is rather thick and doesn't feel like it gets absorbed no matter how much I wait.
I do not like it is not an air-tight packaging.
I have yet not see difference in my acne scars, but I do see difference in skin texture (tighter pores). Having at the moment patches of peeling/irritated skin and dryness around my chin so I think I will switch to every third day again.
I wear high SPF during am.

my pm routine:
CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream
ESTEE LAUDER Advanced Night Repair
LEEJIHAM Vita Propolis Ampoule
SKINFOOD Royal Honey Propolis Shield Cream

Might be harsh to use p50 along with retinol but all doctors agree p50 is fine with over the counter retinol.

am routine:
CLINIQUE Liquid Facial Soap Extra Mild with flannel
BIOLOGIQUE RECHERCHE Lotion P50
HADALABO Gokujun Hyaluronic Lotion
CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream
LEEJIHAM Vita Propolis Ampoule
CLINIQUE Smart Day Cream SPF15
CLINIQUE SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen for Face.
LA ROCHE-POSAY Anthelios Invisible Face Mist SPF 50+ (in the middle of the day)

on 5/2/2017 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this as a replacement for my more expensive retinol cream and have been loving it. I must admit having that I have changed a lot of steps in my skincare regime as of lately, having added a lot of The Ordinary products.
I have been using this for about a month and noticed a slight improvement around my eye area (yes I do use it as an eye cream as well) and the skin on my face in general. Since the price point is so reasonable I decided to use it on my neck and chest as well , starting only a a couple of weeks back. I have seen a huge improvement especially on the neck and chest, quite dramatically actually. Will definitely repurchase, just need them to stock up and a few other things that I will be buying, to qualify for the free shipping.

on 4/16/2017 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a life changer. This, and the other serums from The Ordinary that consist 90 % of my skincare routine has given me the best skin days of my life. This serum is my "heavy hitter" that I use at night, and I believe this has done the most for my fine lines and a scar I had on the forehead from when I was a kid. The scar is almost completely vanished, and my fine lines around my eyes (because of too much tanning when I was a teen) are also almost gone.

on 3/18/2017 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Brilliant addition to my bedtime beauty regime! I didn't get on very well with using pure retinol as I just couldn't cope with the excessive peeling on my face. So I thought I'd give this a go. I have only been using this for about a month and I can see the difference in my skin/fine lines. I know this product will take longer to achieve the results of pure retinol but this does not give you any peeling whatsoever, so for me it's a winner! I have tried all the products from The Ordinary and they are all truly amazing!!