Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

3.9

on 12/12/2018 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm on my 5th bottle and this is THE ONE skincare product I literally cannot live without.
In my mid 30's, my skin is constantly battling whiteheads, photodamage (i live in the tropics) where sun exposure lasts all year round, working indoor with the AC on, so my skin is also dry. I'm active and having small pores make them clogged easily, turn into cystic acnes or whiteheads.
I've tried to stop using this for a while since I was afraid of acid resistance -where your skin doesnt respond to acid treatment; but it was a mistake. My whiteheads,milia, and cystic acnes return, and my skin is so so dry and patchy it doesnt look good in the most hydrating foundationg either.
This is a milk-like runny liquid, and the pipette is brilliant. It has no smell, no sticky residue on my fingers, it doesnt make your skin dry. It is very soft but effective exfoliating product that helps your skin to regenerate faster.

I use this in the PM, along with my FTE and other serums, seal it with Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for chronic dry skin, and The Ordinary Plant Derived Squalane. It absorps quickly, as I usually massage it into my skin and then do some patting.
When I add this back to my PM routine, my skin clears up, the whiteheads and acnes gone, and it is now plumped, and hydrated. I cant live without this. Happy skin, happy me. I will keep buying this as I recommend it to everyone who has the same problems with mine and they too are satisfied with the result. With very very affordable price tag, I cant complain and I am thankful for this brilliant, brilliant product.

on 8/26/2017 11:37:00 PM

This is one of my favorite products from The Ordinary. It feels light, absorbs quickly, and doesn't irritate my skin. I've been using for about a month and use this every night. Each morning, I wake up to a smoother, more even complexion. I don't ever want to be without this.

on 7/27/2017 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic product! I use 2 times a week at night time and next morning my skin feels bright and soft. For the price, it is a winner.

on 5/20/2017 3:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Realised it was time I started adding some higher strength retinol to my skincare again, and given how much I trust these guys, this was my first choice.

It's great - the most important thing is that there's pretty much none of the usual initial retinol soreness from using this stuff. (don't know if anyone else finds that off putting but it has stopped me from using other products in the past )

My skin was a little on the pink/ fresh side the first time but I built up the dose gradually.

It's a thin milky fluid so you need to layer it on damp skin or other product so it spreads properly but that really is the only downside. Other people may actually like that about it.

Anyhow, I'm a few months and half a bottle down and this is helping my skin look fresher, firmer and clearer.

Absolutely brilliant, especially considering the price.

on 5/2/2017 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this as a replacement for my more expensive retinol cream and have been loving it. I must admit having that I have changed a lot of steps in my skincare regime as of lately, having added a lot of The Ordinary products.
I have been using this for about a month and noticed a slight improvement around my eye area (yes I do use it as an eye cream as well) and the skin on my face in general. Since the price point is so reasonable I decided to use it on my neck and chest as well , starting only a a couple of weeks back. I have seen a huge improvement especially on the neck and chest, quite dramatically actually. Will definitely repurchase, just need them to stock up and a few other things that I will be buying, to qualify for the free shipping.

on 3/31/2017 5:45:00 PM

Another great product from The Ordinary. This is beautifully formulated, non irritating, fast absorbing and doesn't dry me out. Also, I have found this to be very effective for my nasty KP on the back of my arms! On my face I am using 3-4 x a week, with the B5 serum around my eyes and cheeks, and moisturizer on top of everything. This has improved my skin texture and helped with blackheads around my nose.Also a super reasonable price, like all of the Ordinary products. Highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I changed from Peter Thomas Roth and Paula's Choice to the Ordinary because of the price. The consistency is a bit thicker compared to the other brands I was using. I don't know about the results, I cannot see anything evident from any brand, so I will continue using it.

on 11/21/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have used the Verso n 4 serum, which is also a serum with this new type of retinol but this comes with a remarkable lower price and I think this works even better than Verso. The only minus (as with all TO products) is that is easy to overdose. I also feel you need a higher amount of product when applying compared to Verso. But this will be my go to Retinol from now on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm working my way through all The Ordinary products but this was the first one I tried, so the one I've been using the longest. I haven't used many other retinol products in the past but the one I have been using the past year is tested on animals and my new year's resolution was to purge my life of anything that isn't cruelty free. I was very excited to discover The Ordinary because they state very clearly that they are a cruelty free brand. I switched to this retinol about 6 weeks ago and haven't seen any drastic results, I only use it on my forehead area because I have incredibly purge prone skin and learnt my lesson with retinols but my forehead is also the only area of my face that is showing signs of ageing. I experienced a tiny purge, a couple of small pimples after a few weeks but overall my skin has reacted very well to this. It's extremely gentle, I use a small amount every night and have experienced no dryness or peeling, the texture is milky and a little greasy once on but as my forehead is quite dry I actually like this. Nothing drastic has happened to the lines or pores on my forehead but it's certainly maintaining the results from my pervious retinol, I'm going to keep going with it because it's such a gentle product and so cheap but I will probably add their 1% and compare at some point.

on 4/15/2017 1:19:00 PM

Yay.Another excellent serum from The Ordinary. This is well formulated, non irritating( retiniods usually are not), fast absorbing and gives me nice glow. On my face I am using 3 times a week with Matrixyl +HA serum on the top.my skin looks almost glowing and the pores looks more smooth. i did notice the skin is much more sensitive to the sun(thats retinoids for you), so i started using spf 50 protection.
the only negative is packing, as it not air tight (so after a while the product will be less effective) so i am replacing the product every two months.