Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%
The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

4.2

on 6/8/2018 12:57:00 PM

This stuff gave me BAD breakouts!!! Bought a setup suited for dry skin butt hell no. Took months to recover the skin. Contacted them and got a full refund which made my heart melt a bit. Advanced stuff full of shit. Go for eco instead.

on 5/10/2018 12:09:00 AM

This diffinitely beats out the Neutrogena antiwrinkle creams I've used in the past. It's so light and easily absorbed, I love it! It doesn't irritate my skin, but between this and the ordinary's vitamin c serum every morning, my skin has never looked or felt better. If you've tried retinol creams before and didn't like them, I encourage you to try this out. Plus, the price is HALF of what I used to pay for Neutrogena.

on 3/22/2018 10:44:00 AM

I don't know why but it works. My skin has not been happy with the majority of The Ordinary's products: they break me out and I find them difficult to apply - they either make my skin uncomfortably sticky, form a film on my skin or just peel off. This product has been a pleasant surprise. I use it at night, after cleansing and toning. I usually don't put anything on top or use some light oil if my skin is flaky. It really helps me to calm any inflammations and heal up my acne. I am not sure if it's retinol or any other ingredient in the formula, but it works and significantly improves overall skin texture. I hope they don't reformulate it.

on 2/15/2018 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried Retin a once and it made my skin burn and peel, I’m scared to use it again because it made me breakout as well. I tried this retinoid 3 nights in a row and didn’t have any peeling or burning and my skin did feel smoother and looked more even.
This is an amazing product for the price (around 10.00 cdn) considering most retinol products are at least three times the cost. I love the sleek packaging and will continuing using considering it has improved my skin in such a short time.

on 12/9/2017 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After all the glowing reviews by YouTubers & the promise for highly effective Retinol product, I’m pretty disappointed!
Here’s why..
My skin is the kind who react extremely fast/well to active compound.
After three months of regular use I haven’t notice any change in my fine lines what so ever.
my overall complexion does look more youthful and glowy (some flakiness as well)
but the truth of the matter is- I achieved better results by using extra virgin Coconut oil if not better, and These fine lines are still there..
(35, smooth skin, no skin issues,some fine lines)
I adore The Ordinary for the affordable price point & the use of all natural high-quality ingredients,
But, at the end of the day this product didn’t delivered.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is one of the more powerful OTC retinols available. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, although I have used retinols for a while now. My 65y old mother is obsessed with this, I have to bring her shipments back to the US whenever I see her.

on 10/6/2017 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ive only used this once (i just started introducing retinol into my skincare routine) but so far i havent got any negative reaction from it whatsoever. i have a good feeling about the product coz i was afraid that my skin wasnt going to respond well to a retinol treatment but so far there has been no irritation no nothing so thats good. will continue using it for a year and see how i get on with it and update this review.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This has worked miracles on my skin! After one use, I noticed my acne was much less angry, my skin was smoother, and I had a glow.
After weeks of use, my skin is much brighter and I barely break out anymore! It is gentle enough on my skin that I haven't had any redness, peeling or irritation. Other retinols I have used in the past have caused sensitivity and flaking, bit this one is just so soothing. This even fixed spots/blackheads/texture that even my trusty Paula's Choice BHA and AHA gels can't rid!
My nightly routine is cleanse, BHA, AHA, this retinoid, moisturiser with a couple of drops of the Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid and then let it absorb before bed. My skin hasn't looked better!
I am 32, have dry skin and starting to get forehead and undereye lines. Hopefully the retinol slows this process!

on 8/27/2017 6:42:00 PM

Background: 35, normal to dry-ish skin, occasional breakouts.

I wasn't sure how I would feel about this. I tried it for texture issues after using their moisturiser, and for fine lines around my eyes. For the price and percentage of retinoid, I didn't think it would make much of a difference. I was amazed how wrong I was. My skin loved it. After applying it the first night, I woke up to significant improvement in the texture of my skin. It felt and looked smoother. The colour was more even. It felt more hydrated. People commented on how well I looked. The more I used it, the smoother and more even my skin became. It also seemed to tighten my skin (being 35, the elasticity of my skin isn't the same). It won't get rid of significant wrinkles, but it has definitely improved the fine lines around my eyes.

The dropper bottle means it's easy to apply but sometimes the dropper can become clogged. I just wash it out in hot water, let it dry, and it's as good as new.

Only negative is that I suspect it is breaking me out around my chin line, but salicylic acid clears them up overnight so I'm not too bothered. They're more like blind pimples but aren't painful and are easily concealed when doing my makeup.

Definitely recommend trying it.

on 7/31/2017 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ETA - 3.28.2018 - almost a year later - I'm still up in the air with this stuff. My bottle I have only is good once opened for a year - so I decided to try it again - and do it consistently 3 times a week (and have used this on and off throughout the year when I feel like I should try it again). I'm on my second week - and woke up with a large cyst forming on my chin. I do not believe this was retinoid related (tried a new moisturizer which I believe caused it) but I REEEEALLY dislike how greasy and tacky this makes my face feel. I apply it before bed - and let it sit and apply my moisturizer -- and it's just greasy. I hate the smell of it, too. I'm also oily skinned/shiny from BP gel treatment - so this stuff just makes my face feel GROSS three times a week. I do wake up with soft skin - but my moisturizer does this, too. I do not see any brightening etc.. - and because the expiration date is coming up ( June it expires) - I just do not think I'll retry this. I'm a bit weary - and all the greasy, smelly side effects are just not worth it. Everyone keeps mentioning getting drier skin - I WISH. This stuff just makes my skin more greasy (which looking at my first review - I recalled happening too). Tossing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bit up in the air with how I feel about this product. I'm still in the "testing" phase, but I didn't see results like most people did. I have clear skin from use of topical BP and have sensitive skin with melasma.

I used this for a little more than a week - and I don't know how others are seeing immediate, next day results - but my skin didn't look any different. It FELT smoother, but I'm aiming for fading of fine lines, wrinkles, and melasma. I didn't see any of this better after a week, but I'm not surprised. I believe it takes much longer (like 4 weeks) to see serious results with retinoids. Just keep that in mind when trying this product out.

I did, however, start to see little whiteheads appear on my left side of nose area. I didn't break out/purge anywhere else - but at this point, I was using this stuff every other night and noticed my skin was starting to get a bit greasier than normal. I'm guessing - for me - it was overuse of this product -- AKA: too much exfoliation. I stopped using it - but plan to try going back to using this once, maybe 2 times a week AT THE MOST.

Because this product is a chemical exfoliant, I'm a bit shocked that most websites recommend using it nightly if your skin can tolerate it. I've seen the same recommendations for AHA, too. I didn't think ANYONE should be exfoliating their skin every single night. It seems a bit harsh, and a bit overkill. If your skin is like mine, the excessive exfoliation started to cause more oil production and I was getting more greasy. This happens when you overexfoliate (high turnover of cells). I use my moisturizer twice a day - so it's not for a lack of moisturizer. I wouldn't do a skin scrub on my face every single night, why in the world would I use a chemical one? Even the most basic facial scrubs (like my elf one that I love) will tell you to not exfoliate every night.

Will see how my skin handles once/twice a week.