Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

4.2

on 10/22/2017 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I love the way my skin feels the morning after I apply it. I get absolutely no irritation, even under the eyes, unless I use it every day.

I am not seeing a DRAMATIC difference in my skin, but it might be because I already use a lot of actives. Maybe I should get the 5% strength.
I doubt any of them will actually improve my acne scarring (mild ice pick), but it does help with healing fresh pimples.

I have been reading a lot about this brand and I was so eager to try it. Among other products that I bought from them, I also included this one. My skin is sometimes dry, sometimes acne-prone, sometimes just dull and you can see all the motherhood and the daily stress on it. Of course, the fine lines are knocking on my door, ya know! So I bought it thinking it would give that kind of glow and to ease my transition into the world of anti aging regimens. I usually use it before I exfoliate my face with the Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2% from the brand, a night before, then I apply the Retinoid 2% and I end up using the Buffet Serum.

Tbh I was expecting to see a stronger reaction of my face (flakiness and all that) but nope...I do wake up with a brighter, smoother skin and I also feel it helps with my sometimes sent from Hell acne. I find it kinda difficult to do "layering" with it, with all their products actually, but maybe it's just because I am a newbie to it :)

I find it suitable for someone who isn't that accustomed to retinoids and the price is such a great deal! I'd buy again this product but I would also like to try something more stronger.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have normal/dry skin and I am 30. My skin had no major issues except it looks unhealthy, dull and uneven due to pimple marks, freckles etc. This is my first retinoid product.

I bought this together with Alpha-H Liquid gold since everybody is raving about the LG. My skin improved drastically in a few weeks with daily LG and twice a week of this product. No sensitivity, no peeling. I just looked glowing and healthy. I assumed this was due to LG because it had so many good reviews and cost three times as much as The Ordinary. It should work, right? Also, I was expecting some kind of horrible peel with my very first retinoid and it just never happened. After 3-4 weeks makeup wasn't settling on my face though, mostly whatever I put on my face just looked flakey and like above my skin, not on my skin. So I bought a daily scrub and that fixed it completely. But it has never peeled as it was described to me so I assumed the retinoid must be useless, and I should get one of the better ones.

Then I went on a month-long summer trip and left the retinoid behind because I heard sunlight and retinoids don't mix. I kept using the LG daily.

My oh my, my face looked awful when I got back. It just looked sick. So I started using it again, two weeks in and wow I'm getting so many compliments on my glowing skin.

As some other reviewers said, the texture feels like it's difficult to absorb but just put it on your face 15 minutes before you go to bed and you'll be fine. This stuff is the bomb!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was wary using this because I've never used any advanced Skincare products before this. I have to say I'm pleased with the results so far. It's been a week and my skin is looking brighter and clearer. I hope to see even more results with prolonged use.

on 8/27/2017 7:37:00 AM

I give this product two lippies because it's a great concept and the price is right. However, I had hoped that since this was advertised as a next-gen Retinoid, it would provide a superior performance to the other retinol type products I've used in the past. All the cult products (e.g., Neutrogena Healthy Skin) have been disastrous for my skin -- I have never had acne, but retinol seems to be the one ingredient that can form (nearly immediately!) HUGE, super painful, deep cysts that wreck my skin for literally months even after I discontinue use. This was (so sadly!) no different. If you are like me and were hoping for something different, unfortunately this probably won't work for you. Such a bummer!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great retinol product especially for the price! Would definitely buy again :)
My skin type: sensitive, dehydrated & extremely prone to acne and clogged pores

Pros:
- didn't break me out (didn't even experience purging which is normal for retinol products)
- great texture similar to that of a thin moisturizer/ emulsion
- did not make my skin drier or cause any flakiness/ dry patches, which I used to get from prescription retinol
- good stable packaging

Cons:
- effects aren't as fast/ extreme as prescription retinol

on 8/23/2017 12:43:00 PM

I've been using this for about a month now, I started off with every other night use and now I apply it every night as I haven't found it harsh on my skin like I though I would, it's really affordable and for the first time in forever I'm not paranoid going out of the house without putting on foundation, its given my skin a nice glow and faded away red acne patches I had around my chin :) definitely going to give some of the other ordinary products a try

on 7/22/2017 11:42:00 PM

I have uneven skin tone and some recurring acne and bumps on my cheeks (which I think is hormonal and cystic but nothing major that warrants a trip to the dermatologist). I started using the retinoid three weeks ago and I must say that my skin texture has smoothened and overall a brighter complexion. My blemishes are lighter than before and it seemed to be keeping any new spots or acne from popping up.

I can't wait to try something stronger from The Ordinary!

PS: This is my first time using a retinoid/retinol product so I started using it on alternate nights for about three days before using it nightly. I don't have any side effects or "purging" or dried out skin after usage. (I use La Roche Posay Toleriane Fluide moisturizer for sensitive skin)

on 7/16/2017 10:59:00 PM

I have used 1% trentinoin in the past and my skin went crazy for about a month afterwards just gettinf used to it/purging. with this formula from The Ordinary, there is none of that purging. My skin didn't break out but it just worked to create smooth skin right from the first use. 2 drops is enough to cover my entire face. There is no smell and it is a milky formula that glides on easily. I have been using this for a month and a half. These usually take a while longer to see more dramatic results. But so far my skin has smoothed out and some shallow lines have softened out.

This worked wonders for my skin, dealt with my spots perfectly.