Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.2

on 12/23/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think this is the 2nd product I've ever called HG (and it's from essence like the 1st one!).

Pros:
- Cheap
- You get a lot of product
- It's a GOOOORGEOUS highlighter that gives a glow but absolutely no shimmer (why is that so hard to find in other highlighters?!? I wanna glow NOT look like a 5 y/o had fun throwing glitter at my face!!)

After the pros list there's usually a cons list but I honestly cant' think of any except maybe that the packaging (or more so the top plastic part) feels cheap, but then again, the product IS cheap so what did you expect?

on 8/29/2017 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so bad, after hearing all of the good reviews about it. However, it just didn't work on my skin tone. This pulled really warm and orange on me. It was a super noticeable stripe on my face rather than a natural looking highlight, as I wanted.

I have very pale, cool olive skin, and makeup colors often seem to pull oddly on me. However, the formula of this was really very good, and the price is great. If this works for your skin tone, then go for it. It doesn't work on everyone though.

AMAZING highlighter ever!!! I don't look like a Disco Ball, the price is very affordable, looks like you're glowing from within, what else can you ask for?

I bought another 6 for backup lol

i love it love it love it!!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased this highlighter with high expectations which didn't help my opinion of the product after using it. People claimed it was a great natural highlight- it is, just not for my shade of skin. It came off as very subtle and can't be applied with a fan brush because the pigmentation isn't great. With a thick stippling brush I was able to get more payoff than a sheer sparkle. The glitter in this also bugged me because with the light pigmentation that's all you saw. When I tried it on my friend the results were more pleasing but for someone with darker skin tones you might get the same results as I did. I recommend Wet and Wild Boozy bunch for a cheap highlight with less glitter if that was a problem with this highlight.

on 11/20/2016 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My sister gave me this highlighter after a positive review by Kathleen Lights. It didn't work too well on her very light skin, so she gave it to me.

I love this highlighter. It works well with my cool-toned olive skin. I would describe the color as a champagne gold.

It is very subtle and can be worn to work. It isn't glittery or chunky. It applies nicely with a brush.