Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.5

I am very happy to say that I have finally found my HG every day highlighter! This highlighter is so subtle but absolutely gorgeous! It truly leaves you with a fresh and glowing from within kind if look. I have light/medium skin with neutral undertones (NC20 in the winter NW20 in the summer) and it just looks amazing on me! For special ocassions or when I'm trying to be a little extra, I will use my becca moonstone highlighter. But for every day use if I just want a gorgeous yet subtle kind of sheen I find that this one can be used year round but especially in the summertime when my skin is prone to getting more on the oily side thus making it shinier so this baby paired with the essence all about matt! Powder is my perfect combo for the season to keep my skin looking fresh and glowing without going overboard. If your job doesnt consist of working at a beauty supply or makeup store, this highlighter is definitely appropriate for the office or workplace as it also looks amazing but not overdone in indoor lighting and outdoors in the natural light. Best of all, it doesn’t irritate the skin or cause breakouts and is under $5!!!
So in short, if you are looking for a super noticeable highlighter that’ll give you the glazed donut effect then you will be disappointed..but if you want a neutral every day highlighter without the cheap or gritty glitter bomb look or heavy holographic effects then I would definitely recommend that you give this one a go!
Essence cosmetics can be found at ulta and target! I’ve had mine for about a year now and still havent hit pan but will definitely repurchase when I'm out

I don't get the hype for this product. I really wanted to like it but I could not. It is too dark for my skin tone. I am not fair. Asian with a tan so I am pretty dark. It is not fluttering on my skin tone at all. I now use it on my shoulders and knees. Don't want to waste the money. The powder is pretty finely milled. That's a good thing.

this is a BEAUTIFUL highlighter! i actually reach for this more than my glow kits because i find this more of a glowy sheen than glitter. such a pretty highlighter, and for only like 5$ its a steal.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has to be the best product I have personally found at "the drugstore". I'm all about that glow from within look day to day and this does exactly that. If you're someone who likes the intense highlight look you could most definitely still achieve it with this gem. You could build it up or wet your brush and BAM it's blinding. The texture/formula is silky smooth it blends without needing much effort. My skin is always dry/dehydrated so I like taking a large stippling brush and lightly dust this all over the face once I'm done with all my powders for that extra healthy radiant appearance. I would compare this to Hourglass Luminous Light Ambient Powder which is my all time favorite Highlighter.They are basically identical with ONE HUGE DIFFERENCE, $46.00 vs $4.49. I'll use up my Hourglass, but would never repurchase that shade now that I have BE MY HIGHLIGHT! Obviously this shade won't work for everyone, but I think if this is your type of color/tone RUN OUT AND BUY THIS BAD BOY ASAP!!

on 4/23/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is probably the best product Essence has put out. It’s such a subtle highlighter to the point where you could lightly dust it all over your face, somewhat like the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. However, this is only possible if you have a light to medium skintone. For my fair skin it barely works as a highlighter on the cheekbones, I can pull it off if I use a very light hand and a warmer bronzer so that they blend together a bit. It’s a true peachy shade. It’s in a satin finish, the powder is finely milled and doesn’t emphasize texture. I’d recommend checking it out if you have light to medium skin.

Seriously I love this product!!! I have a lot of highlighters, high end and drugstore and I seriously grab for this one the most! It gives me a wet look not glittery or shimmery! It can be natural or you can build it up for it to be more intense! I just know the way it makes my skin glow and it doesn’t exaggerate any texture or pores or anything on you face!!!

I also use it sometimes like the hourglass radiant face powders! I will take a big fluffy brush and just lightly dust it all over my face! It just makes my face radiant and nice!

on 4/10/2018 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this almost every day and I really like it. It's a little bit dark for my fair skin, but it's fine if I use a light hand. This is really pretty and it isn't glittery or chunky at all. It just looks really natural, and it doesn't exaggerate the texture of my skin, which I like. I would repurchase this but I don't think I'll have to because it's lasted me forever.

on 2/13/2018 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Awesome, beautiful, subtle glow that actually shows up on the skin and makes your skin radiant. I can't say enough good things about this. Texture is soft, price point is perfect. Use it with Elf highlighter brush and you will be amazed at how much it improves your makeup. If you like blinding highlight, this is probably not the product for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great budget highlighter. HG status in my collection for sure. It's very finely milled and has almost a pearlescent glow. It's a bit on the darker side. I wish they had a lighter shade for fairer skinned girls. I prefer this over my Becca highlighters! This is a darker dupe for the Laura Mercier Mat Radiance :)

on 1/28/2018 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the perfect natural highlighter that gives a glow but is not metallic or glittery.