essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Filtered by eye Color : Black
essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.7

on 11/26/2017 1:05:00 AM

Excellent, beautiful sheen on the skin, very fine shimmer. Lasts on my combo skin in humid, hot weather. This highlighter is a very good product, stat - not considering its ridiculously affordable price.

But good things don't last it seems - because essence discontinued this item 😭

Oh my lord...the hype is real with this highlight and I am so glad I bought it.

For reference my skin tone is NC-30-35 with yellow undertone. It looks so unasssuming in the pan and sort of tucked away form the display (it was at the very bottom). When you put this on your skin, it gives the most natural glow, with the perfect amount of dewyness to it. It almost looks a bit "wet" from certain angles and really gives off the most perfect nude glow.

When I sometimes skip foundation this will be the highlight I reach for. Because of my freckles and redness most highlights look kinda gaudy on me if I don't wear my foundation to even out my skin tone. But this is just perfect with or without.

I heard that this is discontinued and really bummed out. Dear Essence, if you are reading this please make it permanent - I feel like this can achieve a cult following.

on 8/29/2017 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so bad, after hearing all of the good reviews about it. However, it just didn't work on my skin tone. This pulled really warm and orange on me. It was a super noticeable stripe on my face rather than a natural looking highlight, as I wanted.

I have very pale, cool olive skin, and makeup colors often seem to pull oddly on me. However, the formula of this was really very good, and the price is great. If this works for your skin tone, then go for it. It doesn't work on everyone though.

This highlighter gives a beautiful, subtle glow. There is no glitter and it does not emphasize pores. Perfect for everyday wear. However, I heard it's being discontinued... hopefully that's just a rumor!

on 3/29/2017 6:48:00 PM

I purchased this after Kathleen Lights strongly recommended it on her channel as a natural, glossy and glitter-free highlight. I already own two full compacts of this. To be honest, though I spent a lot of money on two Becca highlights (Moonstone and Champagne Pop), the cult faves Mary Loumanizer and Cindy Loumanizer from the Balm, Physician's Formula highlights, ironically the cheapest highlighters at the drugstore turned out to be my absolute favourites...Pinktastic and Moonlight Pearls from ELF and of course this PURE NUDE HIGHLIGHTER from Essence. (I have heard this one is a dupe for Laura Mercier's Matte Radiance Baked Compact Highlighter...but let me tell you, Essence is the better one!)

I have suffered from cystic acne and now have mild texture on my face. This doesn't highlight pores and bumps. It puts my face into some sort of a soft focus. There are absolutely no glitter or shimmer particles (which sadly most very pricey ass highlighters have). It is a sophisticated highlighter. I think Skin gloss would be a better name for this. On my cheekbones, the kind of finish this highlighter has can be compared to the glossy wet effect you will get if you dab some cream highlighter with your fingers. This is not a blinding, disco ball, visible from space highlight which so many self-proclaimed Youtube beauty gurus seem to go nuts about. This is a highlighter you can wear to the office every day. Because there is no pigment and only the glossy effect, I daresay it will look like you are glowing from within in a large variety of skin tones.
It starts off as subtle but is buildable.
When it comes to highlighting I find myself reaching for this unassuming humble little compact all the time these days.
People will quietly and enviously notice that you have "glowing skin" but not notice that it is coming from a cosmetic....so you may hear "you have such beautiful glowing skin"..and probably not "which highlighter are you wearing?"
Get this....even if it is not to your liking, it won't burn a hole in your wallet as it is just $4.49 at ULTA. Target is also carrying Essence now. Do give it a try. it is a beautiful product.

AMAZING highlighter ever!!! I don't look like a Disco Ball, the price is very affordable, looks like you're glowing from within, what else can you ask for?

I bought another 6 for backup lol

i love it love it love it!!!!

on 11/29/2016 3:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This highlighter has quickly become one of my favorite of ALL time, high end or affordable. It reminds me of Mary-Lou Manizer by TheBalm in formula, in the sense that it's very smooth and effectively mimics the appearance of light hitting your face (the finish is totally different though). It's just a consistent, glowy sheen, none of the chunkiness or sparkles that a lot of highlights have. The undertone is beautiful and natural, it goes with every look. It is subtle at first stroke so it is perfect for a natural look. BUT, it can be also easily built up to achieve that extreme BAM kind of glow most people (including me) desire. Best of both worlds. It's less than $5, which is insane, because it's one of the best in my collection.