Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.5

on 1/28/2018 11:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the perfect natural highlighter that gives a glow but is not metallic or glittery.

This does have a nice non-glittery glow to it but unfortunately the shade is much too dark for my pale skin. SO sad, they need to offer other shades in this and it would be perfect!

on 6/10/2017 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh no!!! Where have you been dear highlighter! When I think of all the money I could have saved...I'm sad..but this stuff is the bomb! I hope the space station astronauts have sunglasses because they are going to go blind! Shine to the heavens..

I will start with one important thing and that is: if you are the kind of person who loves bold highlighters that literally blind you this product is NOT for you and you will be disappointed if you purchase it.
However, if you are into healthy glows and subtle no-makeup makeup looks you will definitely love this little treasure. It gives the prettiest neutral glow suitable for both warm and cool toned skin types and you can apply it literally all over your face without looking like a flashlight. It is very subtle so you might want to add a different stronger highlighter on top of it in places like cheekbones or the cupid's bow.
Some people might feel like it doesn't show up on their face which I have also experienced but this is related to artificial lightning (which most people use when doing their makeup). Once you step outside you WILL see it although it is subtle.
The packaging is ok and the price is absolutely fantastic. I usually apply it with a fan brush and I use it almost daily.

This highlighter is beautiful, however my skin is lighter than any of the lightest shade of any foundation, so this highlighter was too dark and looked like bronzer :( Other than that the glow was flawless

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can see why so many people love this highlight. The packaging is simple, the size is generous, there is no annoying film that requires scraping off before you get to the good stuff. It is just glowing goodness in the form of silky smooth powder. Soft golden shade that looks beautiful on the skin, Does not accentuate pores or texture, just healthy glowing skin. It can be layered if you want a more intense look but one swipe is enough to make you look radiant. Super affordable, as is the case with all Essence products, this one is approximately $6 Cdn. Can't see ever needing to repurchase because there is a ton of product in the package but if it ever broke or if I lost it I would most certainly buy it again.

on 3/20/2017 8:59:00 AM

This is perfect for me. Nice light sheen. No one knows I'm faking a glow. Fits my skin tone. NW 20. Undetectable. Cheap too.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a really, really lovely highlighter. You can use this as a natural highlighter, or build it up and make it more intense. This is definitely a warmer color, but it does work on my neutral toned fair skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have found my HG highlighter! This goes under my category of "YouTube made me buy it," and I am so glad I did. It's nearly impossible to overdo it with this product as it's very finely milled and gives a sheer, lit from within look. It's not chunky or glittery at all. Price is right, especially when paired with a coupon at Ulta. The pan is huge, so I don't think I will ever use this up, but if/when I need to replace I would repurchase. Use a good highlighter brush--not necessarily a fan brush--like the ELF highlighter brush, and you won't be disappointed.

on 12/26/2016 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I keep this in my makeup bag at work. It's great for those long days with evening meetings when I need a late afternoon refresher. It's a subtle highlighter on my light/medium skin. I like it but it's not the one you turn to when you want some serious glow. It's very natural.