Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.8

I don't get the hype for this product. I really wanted to like it but I could not. It is too dark for my skin tone. I am not fair. Asian with a tan so I am pretty dark. It is not fluttering on my skin tone at all. I now use it on my shoulders and knees. Don't want to waste the money. The powder is pretty finely milled. That's a good thing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm not much of a highlighter person, I have the famous Becca Opal and the wet n wild reserve your cabana which I use more for undereye setting. I don't like how essence products are not sealed in any way, but I was able to find one that looked brand new when I opened it for the first time. I really love how non-metallic this is, it's a "natural" highlighter. But it still is super shiny and glowy in my opinion. I love the peachy tone. So great for medium and tan skintones. Lasting power is superior to both the other highlighters I have.

I didnt think i was too pale to pull this off :( i hope they come with more shades coz the formuls is beautiful for a subtle glow. Im a y245 in MUFE’s ultra hd and this looks orangey peachy on me :( i will try to use it as something else lol just not sure what for..

on 11/26/2017 1:05:00 AM

Excellent, beautiful sheen on the skin, very fine shimmer. Lasts on my combo skin in humid, hot weather. This highlighter is a very good product, stat - not considering its ridiculously affordable price.

But good things don't last it seems - because essence discontinued this item 😭

on 11/17/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

One of the best highlighters on the market IMHO. I love that it is subtle and more natural looking on the skin than many products out there. For what I want in a highlighter, the quality and price cannot be beat! Highly recommend.

on 9/12/2017 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My everyday highlighter even when I'm not wearing foundation or concealer! This highlighter looks so natural even in sunlight. I hate seeing even the tiniest glitter particle on my face when I'm in the sun and this highlighter leaves no sparkle at all. My skin just looks like its glowing!

Oh my lord...the hype is real with this highlight and I am so glad I bought it.

For reference my skin tone is NC-30-35 with yellow undertone. It looks so unasssuming in the pan and sort of tucked away form the display (it was at the very bottom). When you put this on your skin, it gives the most natural glow, with the perfect amount of dewyness to it. It almost looks a bit "wet" from certain angles and really gives off the most perfect nude glow.

When I sometimes skip foundation this will be the highlight I reach for. Because of my freckles and redness most highlights look kinda gaudy on me if I don't wear my foundation to even out my skin tone. But this is just perfect with or without.

I heard that this is discontinued and really bummed out. Dear Essence, if you are reading this please make it permanent - I feel like this can achieve a cult following.

This highlighter gives a beautiful, subtle glow. There is no glitter and it does not emphasize pores. Perfect for everyday wear. However, I heard it's being discontinued... hopefully that's just a rumor!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Let me just start off by saying, I love highlighting. I got this based on Kathleen Lights rec. She described it as "highlighting without highlighting". This particular product is not an "in your face" highlight. It is, to me, much more of a subtle sheen. I actually wet it with Fix+ or I wet my highlighting brush. I find that it has such a beautiful glow but is still subtle worn this way. It's still not in your face, and for me, it doesn't accentuate skin texture as much. I have really come to love this inexpensive little gem. I will definitely repurchase, and I've actually got a whole order ready on Essence. I'm going to try more products, since this has been such a hit. I've seen others use they're products, and i'm very curious myself. I've seen Temptailia (and she's huge in the beauty blog world) review there products - and get decent ratings. Who am I not to try?

Beautiful Worn wet or dry- and Oh so affordable - THE absolute BEST Highlighter for NOT showing TEXTURE on the skin!!

on 6/10/2017 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh no!!! Where have you been dear highlighter! When I think of all the money I could have saved...I'm sad..but this stuff is the bomb! I hope the space station astronauts have sunglasses because they are going to go blind! Shine to the heavens..