Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.5

on 1/28/2018 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the perfect natural highlighter that gives a glow but is not metallic or glittery.

on 11/17/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

One of the best highlighters on the market IMHO. I love that it is subtle and more natural looking on the skin than many products out there. For what I want in a highlighter, the quality and price cannot be beat! Highly recommend.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Let me just start off by saying, I love highlighting. I got this based on Kathleen Lights rec. She described it as "highlighting without highlighting". This particular product is not an "in your face" highlight. It is, to me, much more of a subtle sheen. I actually wet it with Fix+ or I wet my highlighting brush. I find that it has such a beautiful glow but is still subtle worn this way. It's still not in your face, and for me, it doesn't accentuate skin texture as much. I have really come to love this inexpensive little gem. I will definitely repurchase, and I've actually got a whole order ready on Essence. I'm going to try more products, since this has been such a hit. I've seen others use they're products, and i'm very curious myself. I've seen Temptailia (and she's huge in the beauty blog world) review there products - and get decent ratings. Who am I not to try?

Beautiful Worn wet or dry- and Oh so affordable - THE absolute BEST Highlighter for NOT showing TEXTURE on the skin!!

on 6/10/2017 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh no!!! Where have you been dear highlighter! When I think of all the money I could have saved...I'm sad..but this stuff is the bomb! I hope the space station astronauts have sunglasses because they are going to go blind! Shine to the heavens..

on 5/26/2017 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Bought this based on what I had seen here and on youtube, and it's not bad. For the price (around $5), it's certainly worth trying - the packaging is sturdy and there's ample product. But it's not my favorite Ulta/drugstore highlighter. For me it isn't quite light enough - I'm pretty pale and it doesn't really brighten or highlight for me. It doesn't look terrible but it just doesn't achieve what a highlighter should. It doesn't really add a glow; if anything it's a little closer to a bronzer. I suspect that it's meant to be subtle, so for the right skin tone this might be a great day-to-day product for a natural sort of glow, but on me it's just another layer of powdered product which I fear runs the risk of emphasizing flaws, dulling my complexion, etc. In this price range, I am a bigger fan of Makeup Revolution's baked highlighter, which is available in multiple shades.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a really, really lovely highlighter. You can use this as a natural highlighter, or build it up and make it more intense. This is definitely a warmer color, but it does work on my neutral toned fair skin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been having a hard time with highlighters. It is really very difficult to find one light enough to actually LOOK like a highlight on me. I'm fair yellow/olive with nearly black hair and grey eyes.

This is a soft, glowy powder in a peachy/champagne color, but it's too dark for my skin. It looks more like a subtle-peachy bronzer or blush topper on me, but is too dark for highlighting. On light-medium and darker skin ones this would look really pretty.

This also does accentuate pores if I apply it above my eyebrows.

I can only see myself using it lightly dusted on high spots like an all over bronzer/luminous finishing powder. I wasn't really looking for that kind of product though, so I won't be repurchasing.

on 11/29/2016 3:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This highlighter has quickly become one of my favorite of ALL time, high end or affordable. It reminds me of Mary-Lou Manizer by TheBalm in formula, in the sense that it's very smooth and effectively mimics the appearance of light hitting your face (the finish is totally different though). It's just a consistent, glowy sheen, none of the chunkiness or sparkles that a lot of highlights have. The undertone is beautiful and natural, it goes with every look. It is subtle at first stroke so it is perfect for a natural look. BUT, it can be also easily built up to achieve that extreme BAM kind of glow most people (including me) desire. Best of both worlds. It's less than $5, which is insane, because it's one of the best in my collection.