Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.8

on 4/23/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is probably the best product Essence has put out. It’s such a subtle highlighter to the point where you could lightly dust it all over your face, somewhat like the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. However, this is only possible if you have a light to medium skintone. For my fair skin it barely works as a highlighter on the cheekbones, I can pull it off if I use a very light hand and a warmer bronzer so that they blend together a bit. It’s a true peachy shade. It’s in a satin finish, the powder is finely milled and doesn’t emphasize texture. I’d recommend checking it out if you have light to medium skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great budget highlighter. HG status in my collection for sure. It's very finely milled and has almost a pearlescent glow. It's a bit on the darker side. I wish they had a lighter shade for fairer skinned girls. I prefer this over my Becca highlighters! This is a darker dupe for the Laura Mercier Mat Radiance :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm not much of a highlighter person, I have the famous Becca Opal and the wet n wild reserve your cabana which I use more for undereye setting. I don't like how essence products are not sealed in any way, but I was able to find one that looked brand new when I opened it for the first time. I really love how non-metallic this is, it's a "natural" highlighter. But it still is super shiny and glowy in my opinion. I love the peachy tone. So great for medium and tan skintones. Lasting power is superior to both the other highlighters I have.

on 12/23/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think this is the 2nd product I've ever called HG (and it's from essence like the 1st one!).

Pros:
- Cheap
- You get a lot of product
- It's a GOOOORGEOUS highlighter that gives a glow but absolutely no shimmer (why is that so hard to find in other highlighters?!? I wanna glow NOT look like a 5 y/o had fun throwing glitter at my face!!)

After the pros list there's usually a cons list but I honestly cant' think of any except maybe that the packaging (or more so the top plastic part) feels cheap, but then again, the product IS cheap so what did you expect?

Oh my lord...the hype is real with this highlight and I am so glad I bought it.

For reference my skin tone is NC-30-35 with yellow undertone. It looks so unasssuming in the pan and sort of tucked away form the display (it was at the very bottom). When you put this on your skin, it gives the most natural glow, with the perfect amount of dewyness to it. It almost looks a bit "wet" from certain angles and really gives off the most perfect nude glow.

When I sometimes skip foundation this will be the highlight I reach for. Because of my freckles and redness most highlights look kinda gaudy on me if I don't wear my foundation to even out my skin tone. But this is just perfect with or without.

I heard that this is discontinued and really bummed out. Dear Essence, if you are reading this please make it permanent - I feel like this can achieve a cult following.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is it. The best drugstore highlighter there is. Peace out. Just kidding.
When I swatched this I thought, this is way too dark. It was not impressive at all. For context, I found soft n Gentle and Mary Louminizer both too dark for me. When applied to the face-perfect. On the face it's medium to high shine-you can apply it gently for a more natural glow or build it up pretty significantly but it never looks metallic. There is no glitter, only sheen. The shade is very neutral/natural champagne, it's what I wanted soft n gentle to be. It lasts all day on me. The texture is a traditional powder so it kicks up a little powder but not bad. Easily the most natural, usable highlighter I have found in the drugstore.

on 8/6/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must say that this is one of the products that really live up to their hypes. It is a very finely milled highlighter that has no chunky shimmer or glitter whatsoever but it gives a really beautiful natural-looking subtle highlight that will make you look like youre glowing from within. Its also very blendable and lasts a long time on the cheeks. The shade 10 be my highlight is a muted rose gold shade - very pretty. For such a low price range it comes in a generous 7g of product which is great. I love it and wouldnt hesitate to repurchase it.

on 8/1/2017 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

i wanted to keep this with me so bad! i bought it because of the awesome reviews. i have fair skin, and i kinda expected it to be a little too dark for my face but i still had hopes about making it work as i've read from others that you CAN make it work for fair skin, but upon using it, i figured it just can't work for my skintone and unfortunately had to return it. i love how it looked, it wasn't crazy shimmery and just perfect for someone who wants a natural glow! i haven't used it enough to know if it's buildable, but i am sure you can. if they had more shades i'd definitely buy it again!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

YES, YOU NEED THIS. It is in the $3 range at ulta and comparable, if not more beautiful, than the hourglass ambient lighting powders. It is so gorgeous and natural, and it looks very "lit from within" versus the metallic/powdery look. There is a big amount, and the packaging feels sturdy. Overall--one of the best highlighters on the market! Super creamy and pigmented. Check out swatches in this review video:

on 5/26/2017 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

So i bought into the hype after so long.. i already own wnw reserve your cabana, the other raved about inexpensive subtle highlight, but since this is so talked about I HAD TO TRY IT cuz im a makeup hoarder i need to stop omg..

This is 5.49 CDN. So this only comes in one shade, be my highlight, i think is the name. Its a bit dark for my fair skin but blended out it works.

Its actually really really beautiful. I dont find it emphasizes pores at all. Its a beautiful glow that doesnt look like i just put highlighter on my face, it looks like i am just glowing. I think i like this more than wet n wilds reserve your cabana. I like that one too, this one just has a bit stronger glow while people can use wnw as a setting powder.
If you think you have way too many highlighters and dont need this... YOU NEED IT ANYWAYS!!!!
[sorry for my bad typing I am too lazy to care about grammar]