Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.3

on 8/6/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must say that this is one of the products that really live up to their hypes. It is a very finely milled highlighter that has no chunky shimmer or glitter whatsoever but it gives a really beautiful natural-looking subtle highlight that will make you look like youre glowing from within. Its also very blendable and lasts a long time on the cheeks. The shade 10 be my highlight is a muted rose gold shade - very pretty. For such a low price range it comes in a generous 7g of product which is great. I love it and wouldnt hesitate to repurchase it.

on 5/5/2017 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Let me just start off with saying that I've got a caramel complexion and highlighting is not my strong point. I heard that this was a good subtle highlighter and when I was in Ulta, I saw it and really debated on buying this. I'm very glad I did. With light strokes using a small fluffy brush, I got that natural highlight that just took my makeup looks to a whole new level. This is a great highlight for natural looks!

on 2/18/2017 1:32:00 PM

EDIT 2018 It took me a while to realize but this product was causing acne on my cheeks.
I wear the lightest colour in drugstore foundation (if I did wear foundation). I like to wear a swipe across my eyelids. I usually wear a dark mineral colour as an eyeliner. Currently from Lucy Minerals - navy or espresso brown. As an eyeshadow this is glowy but nuetral. I sometimes add a crease colour but it is not necessary.

It is too dark for all over colour but I do like to brush across cheekbones. Sometimes I apply over a blush. If alone it appears as a glowy nude colour. This is very easy to apply. It applies smooth and even.

I am fair with pink undertones.

I have purchased a backup. I purchased mine from SDM in Canada. Aug 2018 will not repurchase. Causing acne on cheeks.

on 1/6/2017 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My HG highlighter is from elf and I think it's discontinued (Pinktastic baked blush) so I was on the hunt for a new highlight under $10 !! I'm an NC15 and I thought this would be too dark, but with the tiniest amount you can't even tell that it's way too dark for my skin. For pale people, I would recommend the lightest usage possible. For those who can use it across the entire face, it might be comparable to the hourglass ambient lighting powders. It has a soft sheen, almost no glitter and is just SUPER beautiful

EDIT:

I would honestly rather used E.L.F's moonlight pearls over this now because it's just too orange. I want to love it but it's like a shimmer bronzer, and it doesn't even look good as an eyeshadow.

Video Reviews & Tutorials