essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.3

on 9/12/2017 8:16:00 PM

My favorite highlighter so far. I'm not into the in-your-face highlighter so this one is great if you want something more subtle, but you can also build it up if you want a little more bling. This doesn't have any obnoxious glitter, just a beautiful glowy sheen and a smooth texture. The color is beautiful and can suit many skin tones. I think this is a beautiful highlighter from such an affordable brand. It is a great alternative for those just starting to add highlighter to their makeup routine or those who just don't want to spend a lot on one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is it. The best drugstore highlighter there is. Peace out. Just kidding.
When I swatched this I thought, this is way too dark. It was not impressive at all. For context, I found soft n Gentle and Mary Louminizer both too dark for me. When applied to the face-perfect. On the face it's medium to high shine-you can apply it gently for a more natural glow or build it up pretty significantly but it never looks metallic. There is no glitter, only sheen. The shade is very neutral/natural champagne, it's what I wanted soft n gentle to be. It lasts all day on me. The texture is a traditional powder so it kicks up a little powder but not bad. Easily the most natural, usable highlighter I have found in the drugstore.

This does have a nice non-glittery glow to it but unfortunately the shade is much too dark for my pale skin. SO sad, they need to offer other shades in this and it would be perfect!

This product looked muddled on my face, instead of making my skin look dewy or glowing. I have huge pores, and this emphasized them. It was a pretty color, with plenty of product for the low price. It does look FABULOUS on my decollete! Give it a powerful all-over glow that I love in the summertime!

on 5/23/2017 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

ESSENCE, PLEASE COME OUT WITH A LIGHTER SHADE. THAT WOULD BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PRODUCT THAT I WILL EVER LAY MY EYES ON. Okay but this highlighter. The amount of sheen is PERFECT. TRULY no glitter or shimmer. Just an amazingly smooth and wet glow. HOW?! how is that possible?? I don't know, but I hope essence makes a lighter shade because this highlighter looks too dark on my cheeks if i put even just a little too much. I mix it with essence eyeshadow in snowflake, apricotta or grammy goes glammy to make it paler. Then, it's perfection. BUT PLEASE ESSENCE!! I WOULD TOTALLY GIVE YOU MONEY FOR A LIGHTER SHADE. I WOULD NAME MY FIRST BORN AFTER YOUR COMPANY. PLEASE. please

on 3/29/2017 6:48:00 PM

I purchased this after Kathleen Lights strongly recommended it on her channel as a natural, glossy and glitter-free highlight. I already own two full compacts of this. To be honest, though I spent a lot of money on two Becca highlights (Moonstone and Champagne Pop), the cult faves Mary Loumanizer and Cindy Loumanizer from the Balm, Physician's Formula highlights, ironically the cheapest highlighters at the drugstore turned out to be my absolute favourites...Pinktastic and Moonlight Pearls from ELF and of course this PURE NUDE HIGHLIGHTER from Essence. (I have heard this one is a dupe for Laura Mercier's Matte Radiance Baked Compact Highlighter...but let me tell you, Essence is the better one!)

I have suffered from cystic acne and now have mild texture on my face. This doesn't highlight pores and bumps. It puts my face into some sort of a soft focus. There are absolutely no glitter or shimmer particles (which sadly most very pricey ass highlighters have). It is a sophisticated highlighter. I think Skin gloss would be a better name for this. On my cheekbones, the kind of finish this highlighter has can be compared to the glossy wet effect you will get if you dab some cream highlighter with your fingers. This is not a blinding, disco ball, visible from space highlight which so many self-proclaimed Youtube beauty gurus seem to go nuts about. This is a highlighter you can wear to the office every day. Because there is no pigment and only the glossy effect, I daresay it will look like you are glowing from within in a large variety of skin tones.
It starts off as subtle but is buildable.
When it comes to highlighting I find myself reaching for this unassuming humble little compact all the time these days.
People will quietly and enviously notice that you have "glowing skin" but not notice that it is coming from a cosmetic....so you may hear "you have such beautiful glowing skin"..and probably not "which highlighter are you wearing?"
Get this....even if it is not to your liking, it won't burn a hole in your wallet as it is just $4.49 at ULTA. Target is also carrying Essence now. Do give it a try. it is a beautiful product.

on 2/23/2017 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It took quite a few shopping trips to track this down, but it was worth the hunt. This is my new go-to highlighter when I want a 'no makeup' makeup look. There's no shimmer or sparkle at all to this highlighter, but it somehow gives off the most beautiful, natural looking glow. It can be layered up but never turns into a discoball. It does tend to fade after 6-7 hours on my skin, but that's the case with most highlighters and it fades evenly, not patchy. If you're looking for high shine, spotlight highlight this isn't the product for you but anyone looking for a very soft lit from within look will love this.

Pros:
budget friendly
very subtle, natural looking
no glittery discoball shimmer

Cons:
difficult to find
fades after several hours
not for those who want intense shine

on 1/11/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such an amazing and affordable highlighter that is both glowy and natural looking. I use this everyday and sometimes add a quick swipe to my eyelids on days when I am in a rush or need to look more awake. If you can find it, I would definitely recommend picking this up!