essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Filtered by skin type : Combination
essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.6

I am very happy to say that I have finally found my HG every day highlighter! This highlighter is so subtle but absolutely gorgeous! It truly leaves you with a fresh and glowing from within kind if look. I have light/medium skin with neutral undertones (NC20 in the winter NW20 in the summer) and it just looks amazing on me! For special ocassions or when I'm trying to be a little extra, I will use my becca moonstone highlighter. But for every day use if I just want a gorgeous yet subtle kind of sheen I find that this one can be used year round but especially in the summertime when my skin is prone to getting more on the oily side thus making it shinier so this baby paired with the essence all about matt! Powder is my perfect combo for the season to keep my skin looking fresh and glowing without going overboard. If your job doesnt consist of working at a beauty supply or makeup store, this highlighter is definitely appropriate for the office or workplace as it also looks amazing but not overdone in indoor lighting and outdoors in the natural light. Best of all, it doesn’t irritate the skin or cause breakouts and is under $5!!!
So in short, if you are looking for a super noticeable highlighter that’ll give you the glazed donut effect then you will be disappointed..but if you want a neutral every day highlighter without the cheap or gritty glitter bomb look or heavy holographic effects then I would definitely recommend that you give this one a go!
Essence cosmetics can be found at ulta and target! I’ve had mine for about a year now and still havent hit pan but will definitely repurchase when I'm out

I don't get the hype for this product. I really wanted to like it but I could not. It is too dark for my skin tone. I am not fair. Asian with a tan so I am pretty dark. It is not fluttering on my skin tone at all. I now use it on my shoulders and knees. Don't want to waste the money. The powder is pretty finely milled. That's a good thing.

I didnt think i was too pale to pull this off :( i hope they come with more shades coz the formuls is beautiful for a subtle glow. Im a y245 in MUFE’s ultra hd and this looks orangey peachy on me :( i will try to use it as something else lol just not sure what for..

I bought this because it was a heavily hyped product on youtube. It gives off a more subtle sheen, but not as subtle as Reserve Your Cabana from Wet 'n Wild. I found myself kind of disappointed with this. I feel the effect of the finger swatch was not being replicated on my face, and I was just getting a slightly-peach toned blur. I don't get the hype with this one.

on 12/23/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think this is the 2nd product I've ever called HG (and it's from essence like the 1st one!).

Pros:
- Cheap
- You get a lot of product
- It's a GOOOORGEOUS highlighter that gives a glow but absolutely no shimmer (why is that so hard to find in other highlighters?!? I wanna glow NOT look like a 5 y/o had fun throwing glitter at my face!!)

After the pros list there's usually a cons list but I honestly cant' think of any except maybe that the packaging (or more so the top plastic part) feels cheap, but then again, the product IS cheap so what did you expect?

on 11/26/2017 1:05:00 AM

Excellent, beautiful sheen on the skin, very fine shimmer. Lasts on my combo skin in humid, hot weather. This highlighter is a very good product, stat - not considering its ridiculously affordable price.

But good things don't last it seems - because essence discontinued this item 😭

Oh my lord...the hype is real with this highlight and I am so glad I bought it.

For reference my skin tone is NC-30-35 with yellow undertone. It looks so unasssuming in the pan and sort of tucked away form the display (it was at the very bottom). When you put this on your skin, it gives the most natural glow, with the perfect amount of dewyness to it. It almost looks a bit "wet" from certain angles and really gives off the most perfect nude glow.

When I sometimes skip foundation this will be the highlight I reach for. Because of my freckles and redness most highlights look kinda gaudy on me if I don't wear my foundation to even out my skin tone. But this is just perfect with or without.

I heard that this is discontinued and really bummed out. Dear Essence, if you are reading this please make it permanent - I feel like this can achieve a cult following.

This highlighter gives a beautiful, subtle glow. There is no glitter and it does not emphasize pores. Perfect for everyday wear. However, I heard it's being discontinued... hopefully that's just a rumor!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Let me just start off by saying, I love highlighting. I got this based on Kathleen Lights rec. She described it as "highlighting without highlighting". This particular product is not an "in your face" highlight. It is, to me, much more of a subtle sheen. I actually wet it with Fix+ or I wet my highlighting brush. I find that it has such a beautiful glow but is still subtle worn this way. It's still not in your face, and for me, it doesn't accentuate skin texture as much. I have really come to love this inexpensive little gem. I will definitely repurchase, and I've actually got a whole order ready on Essence. I'm going to try more products, since this has been such a hit. I've seen others use they're products, and i'm very curious myself. I've seen Temptailia (and she's huge in the beauty blog world) review there products - and get decent ratings. Who am I not to try?

Beautiful Worn wet or dry- and Oh so affordable - THE absolute BEST Highlighter for NOT showing TEXTURE on the skin!!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

YES, YOU NEED THIS. It is in the $3 range at ulta and comparable, if not more beautiful, than the hourglass ambient lighting powders. It is so gorgeous and natural, and it looks very "lit from within" versus the metallic/powdery look. There is a big amount, and the packaging feels sturdy. Overall--one of the best highlighters on the market! Super creamy and pigmented. Check out swatches in this review video: