Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.2

this is a BEAUTIFUL highlighter! i actually reach for this more than my glow kits because i find this more of a glowy sheen than glitter. such a pretty highlighter, and for only like 5$ its a steal.

on 4/23/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is probably the best product Essence has put out. It’s such a subtle highlighter to the point where you could lightly dust it all over your face, somewhat like the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. However, this is only possible if you have a light to medium skintone. For my fair skin it barely works as a highlighter on the cheekbones, I can pull it off if I use a very light hand and a warmer bronzer so that they blend together a bit. It’s a true peachy shade. It’s in a satin finish, the powder is finely milled and doesn’t emphasize texture. I’d recommend checking it out if you have light to medium skin.

on 4/10/2018 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this almost every day and I really like it. It's a little bit dark for my fair skin, but it's fine if I use a light hand. This is really pretty and it isn't glittery or chunky at all. It just looks really natural, and it doesn't exaggerate the texture of my skin, which I like. I would repurchase this but I don't think I'll have to because it's lasted me forever.

I bought this because it was a heavily hyped product on youtube. It gives off a more subtle sheen, but not as subtle as Reserve Your Cabana from Wet 'n Wild. I found myself kind of disappointed with this. I feel the effect of the finger swatch was not being replicated on my face, and I was just getting a slightly-peach toned blur. I don't get the hype with this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is it. The best drugstore highlighter there is. Peace out. Just kidding.
When I swatched this I thought, this is way too dark. It was not impressive at all. For context, I found soft n Gentle and Mary Louminizer both too dark for me. When applied to the face-perfect. On the face it's medium to high shine-you can apply it gently for a more natural glow or build it up pretty significantly but it never looks metallic. There is no glitter, only sheen. The shade is very neutral/natural champagne, it's what I wanted soft n gentle to be. It lasts all day on me. The texture is a traditional powder so it kicks up a little powder but not bad. Easily the most natural, usable highlighter I have found in the drugstore.

on 8/1/2017 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

i wanted to keep this with me so bad! i bought it because of the awesome reviews. i have fair skin, and i kinda expected it to be a little too dark for my face but i still had hopes about making it work as i've read from others that you CAN make it work for fair skin, but upon using it, i figured it just can't work for my skintone and unfortunately had to return it. i love how it looked, it wasn't crazy shimmery and just perfect for someone who wants a natural glow! i haven't used it enough to know if it's buildable, but i am sure you can. if they had more shades i'd definitely buy it again!

This does have a nice non-glittery glow to it but unfortunately the shade is much too dark for my pale skin. SO sad, they need to offer other shades in this and it would be perfect!

This is just so beautiful. I was considering buying a Becca highlighter, but was browsing the drugstore and found this highlighter for $5.49 CAD and thought I would try it out. It's so subtle and makes me look so healthy and lit from within. I'm so glad I didn't spend money on a Becca highlighter!

on 5/26/2017 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Bought this based on what I had seen here and on youtube, and it's not bad. For the price (around $5), it's certainly worth trying - the packaging is sturdy and there's ample product. But it's not my favorite Ulta/drugstore highlighter. For me it isn't quite light enough - I'm pretty pale and it doesn't really brighten or highlight for me. It doesn't look terrible but it just doesn't achieve what a highlighter should. It doesn't really add a glow; if anything it's a little closer to a bronzer. I suspect that it's meant to be subtle, so for the right skin tone this might be a great day-to-day product for a natural sort of glow, but on me it's just another layer of powdered product which I fear runs the risk of emphasizing flaws, dulling my complexion, etc. In this price range, I am a bigger fan of Makeup Revolution's baked highlighter, which is available in multiple shades.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is everything I've been looking for in a highlight but never could find high-end. I don't really like a blinding highlight for everyday but I do love looking glowy and radiant as I have dry skin. This highlight is so natural and doesn't emphasize texture on my skin at all.

This product is really unique. It looks deeper in the pan, similar to the champagne pop colour, but it applies to the skin as just sheen with almost no colour and no real shimmer in it. It just brings life back into your face without making it look obvious that you're wearing makeup. There is really no wrong way to apply this but i find a small tapered brush really defuses the product nicely on the skin and makes it look even more natural and transparent. I wear this pretty much every day to work.

Even if I do want a more blinding highlight, I find I can use this on places like the nose, forehead and chin and then place a more intense highlight just to the cheekbones. I doubt I'll ever run out but if I do I'd repurchase this in a heartbeat.