Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.5

I am very happy to say that I have finally found my HG every day highlighter! This highlighter is so subtle but absolutely gorgeous! It truly leaves you with a fresh and glowing from within kind if look. I have light/medium skin with neutral undertones (NC20 in the winter NW20 in the summer) and it just looks amazing on me! For special ocassions or when I'm trying to be a little extra, I will use my becca moonstone highlighter. But for every day use if I just want a gorgeous yet subtle kind of sheen I find that this one can be used year round but especially in the summertime when my skin is prone to getting more on the oily side thus making it shinier so this baby paired with the essence all about matt! Powder is my perfect combo for the season to keep my skin looking fresh and glowing without going overboard. If your job doesnt consist of working at a beauty supply or makeup store, this highlighter is definitely appropriate for the office or workplace as it also looks amazing but not overdone in indoor lighting and outdoors in the natural light. Best of all, it doesn’t irritate the skin or cause breakouts and is under $5!!!
So in short, if you are looking for a super noticeable highlighter that’ll give you the glazed donut effect then you will be disappointed..but if you want a neutral every day highlighter without the cheap or gritty glitter bomb look or heavy holographic effects then I would definitely recommend that you give this one a go!
Essence cosmetics can be found at ulta and target! I’ve had mine for about a year now and still havent hit pan but will definitely repurchase when I'm out

this is a BEAUTIFUL highlighter! i actually reach for this more than my glow kits because i find this more of a glowy sheen than glitter. such a pretty highlighter, and for only like 5$ its a steal.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has to be the best product I have personally found at "the drugstore". I'm all about that glow from within look day to day and this does exactly that. If you're someone who likes the intense highlight look you could most definitely still achieve it with this gem. You could build it up or wet your brush and BAM it's blinding. The texture/formula is silky smooth it blends without needing much effort. My skin is always dry/dehydrated so I like taking a large stippling brush and lightly dust this all over the face once I'm done with all my powders for that extra healthy radiant appearance. I would compare this to Hourglass Luminous Light Ambient Powder which is my all time favorite Highlighter.They are basically identical with ONE HUGE DIFFERENCE, $46.00 vs $4.49. I'll use up my Hourglass, but would never repurchase that shade now that I have BE MY HIGHLIGHT! Obviously this shade won't work for everyone, but I think if this is your type of color/tone RUN OUT AND BUY THIS BAD BOY ASAP!!

Seriously I love this product!!! I have a lot of highlighters, high end and drugstore and I seriously grab for this one the most! It gives me a wet look not glittery or shimmery! It can be natural or you can build it up for it to be more intense! I just know the way it makes my skin glow and it doesn’t exaggerate any texture or pores or anything on you face!!!

I also use it sometimes like the hourglass radiant face powders! I will take a big fluffy brush and just lightly dust it all over my face! It just makes my face radiant and nice!

on 2/13/2018 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Awesome, beautiful, subtle glow that actually shows up on the skin and makes your skin radiant. I can't say enough good things about this. Texture is soft, price point is perfect. Use it with Elf highlighter brush and you will be amazed at how much it improves your makeup. If you like blinding highlight, this is probably not the product for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great budget highlighter. HG status in my collection for sure. It's very finely milled and has almost a pearlescent glow. It's a bit on the darker side. I wish they had a lighter shade for fairer skinned girls. I prefer this over my Becca highlighters! This is a darker dupe for the Laura Mercier Mat Radiance :)

on 1/28/2018 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the perfect natural highlighter that gives a glow but is not metallic or glittery.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm not much of a highlighter person, I have the famous Becca Opal and the wet n wild reserve your cabana which I use more for undereye setting. I don't like how essence products are not sealed in any way, but I was able to find one that looked brand new when I opened it for the first time. I really love how non-metallic this is, it's a "natural" highlighter. But it still is super shiny and glowy in my opinion. I love the peachy tone. So great for medium and tan skintones. Lasting power is superior to both the other highlighters I have.

on 12/23/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think this is the 2nd product I've ever called HG (and it's from essence like the 1st one!).

Pros:
- Cheap
- You get a lot of product
- It's a GOOOORGEOUS highlighter that gives a glow but absolutely no shimmer (why is that so hard to find in other highlighters?!? I wanna glow NOT look like a 5 y/o had fun throwing glitter at my face!!)

After the pros list there's usually a cons list but I honestly cant' think of any except maybe that the packaging (or more so the top plastic part) feels cheap, but then again, the product IS cheap so what did you expect?

on 12/1/2017 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I admit I don't own many highlighters, this is only my third, but once you find something you absolutely love why stray?
Not too much shimmer, I have large pores and oily skin and this looks natural as F. I Don't need glitter chunks getting caught in my pores (ew).

I'm NC25 and works really well with my colouring.

Update: I found that towards the end of winter when I am less than NC25, it comes off peachy and is hard to make work as a highlighter. I'll use it for summer but next winter will find something lighter.

PSA - This is not discontinued in US/CAD :D