essence Pure Nude Highlighter

essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.5

on 11/20/2016 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My sister gave me this highlighter after a positive review by Kathleen Lights. It didn't work too well on her very light skin, so she gave it to me.

I love this highlighter. It works well with my cool-toned olive skin. I would describe the color as a champagne gold.

It is very subtle and can be worn to work. It isn't glittery or chunky. It applies nicely with a brush.

on 11/29/2016 3:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This highlighter has quickly become one of my favorite of ALL time, high end or affordable. It reminds me of Mary-Lou Manizer by TheBalm in formula, in the sense that it's very smooth and effectively mimics the appearance of light hitting your face (the finish is totally different though). It's just a consistent, glowy sheen, none of the chunkiness or sparkles that a lot of highlights have. The undertone is beautiful and natural, it goes with every look. It is subtle at first stroke so it is perfect for a natural look. BUT, it can be also easily built up to achieve that extreme BAM kind of glow most people (including me) desire. Best of both worlds. It's less than $5, which is insane, because it's one of the best in my collection.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased this highlighter with high expectations which didn't help my opinion of the product after using it. People claimed it was a great natural highlight- it is, just not for my shade of skin. It came off as very subtle and can't be applied with a fan brush because the pigmentation isn't great. With a thick stippling brush I was able to get more payoff than a sheer sparkle. The glitter in this also bugged me because with the light pigmentation that's all you saw. When I tried it on my friend the results were more pleasing but for someone with darker skin tones you might get the same results as I did. I recommend Wet and Wild Boozy bunch for a cheap highlight with less glitter if that was a problem with this highlight.

on 12/26/2016 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I keep this in my makeup bag at work. It's great for those long days with evening meetings when I need a late afternoon refresher. It's a subtle highlighter on my light/medium skin. I like it but it's not the one you turn to when you want some serious glow. It's very natural.

on 12/27/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this after I read the reviews. I must admit, I was quite impressed! I have several Becca highlighters, but I find that they're a bit over powering. This product gave me just enough shimmer suitable for me age. ;)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have found my HG highlighter! This goes under my category of "YouTube made me buy it," and I am so glad I did. It's nearly impossible to overdo it with this product as it's very finely milled and gives a sheer, lit from within look. It's not chunky or glittery at all. Price is right, especially when paired with a coupon at Ulta. The pan is huge, so I don't think I will ever use this up, but if/when I need to replace I would repurchase. Use a good highlighter brush--not necessarily a fan brush--like the ELF highlighter brush, and you won't be disappointed.

on 1/6/2017 4:50:00 PM

This is a beautiful highlighter...for about $5. Can't go wrong. It looked so blah in the pan to me that I almost didn't buy it. It looked so dark for a highlighter-I almost thought it was a medium toned face powder at first. However, it's a very natural, baked, glowy, warm toned, champagne highlighter that looks really pretty on the skin and applies smoothly. One thing though, it is pretty dark for a highlighter on very fair skin-and there's only one shade. I'm fair skinned and it shows up almost more like a kind of rose gold blush or very light bronzer on me. Which is fine with me because I love the way it looks and reflects light. It has mica in it, but I cant see any shimmer or sparkles even with a magnifying mirror...it just gives a perfect sheen. I bought this on a whim just because I wanted to try something new from Essence...it wasn't until afterwards that I saw tons of rave reviews of this product everywhere-so don't just take my word for it, check it out!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been having a hard time with highlighters. It is really very difficult to find one light enough to actually LOOK like a highlight on me. I'm fair yellow/olive with nearly black hair and grey eyes.

This is a soft, glowy powder in a peachy/champagne color, but it's too dark for my skin. It looks more like a subtle-peachy bronzer or blush topper on me, but is too dark for highlighting. On light-medium and darker skin ones this would look really pretty.

This also does accentuate pores if I apply it above my eyebrows.

I can only see myself using it lightly dusted on high spots like an all over bronzer/luminous finishing powder. I wasn't really looking for that kind of product though, so I won't be repurchasing.

on 1/6/2017 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My HG highlighter is from elf and I think it's discontinued (Pinktastic baked blush) so I was on the hunt for a new highlight under $10 !! I'm an NC15 and I thought this would be too dark, but with the tiniest amount you can't even tell that it's way too dark for my skin. For pale people, I would recommend the lightest usage possible. For those who can use it across the entire face, it might be comparable to the hourglass ambient lighting powders. It has a soft sheen, almost no glitter and is just SUPER beautiful

EDIT:

I would honestly rather used E.L.F's moonlight pearls over this now because it's just too orange. I want to love it but it's like a shimmer bronzer, and it doesn't even look good as an eyeshadow.

on 1/11/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such an amazing and affordable highlighter that is both glowy and natural looking. I use this everyday and sometimes add a quick swipe to my eyelids on days when I am in a rush or need to look more awake. If you can find it, I would definitely recommend picking this up!