Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.5

on 9/12/2017 8:16:00 PM

My favorite highlighter so far. I'm not into the in-your-face highlighter so this one is great if you want something more subtle, but you can also build it up if you want a little more bling. This doesn't have any obnoxious glitter, just a beautiful glowy sheen and a smooth texture. The color is beautiful and can suit many skin tones. I think this is a beautiful highlighter from such an affordable brand. It is a great alternative for those just starting to add highlighter to their makeup routine or those who just don't want to spend a lot on one.

on 9/12/2017 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My everyday highlighter even when I'm not wearing foundation or concealer! This highlighter looks so natural even in sunlight. I hate seeing even the tiniest glitter particle on my face when I'm in the sun and this highlighter leaves no sparkle at all. My skin just looks like its glowing!

on 8/6/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must say that this is one of the products that really live up to their hypes. It is a very finely milled highlighter that has no chunky shimmer or glitter whatsoever but it gives a really beautiful natural-looking subtle highlight that will make you look like youre glowing from within. Its also very blendable and lasts a long time on the cheeks. The shade 10 be my highlight is a muted rose gold shade - very pretty. For such a low price range it comes in a generous 7g of product which is great. I love it and wouldnt hesitate to repurchase it.

Oh my lord...the hype is real with this highlight and I am so glad I bought it.

For reference my skin tone is NC-30-35 with yellow undertone. It looks so unasssuming in the pan and sort of tucked away form the display (it was at the very bottom). When you put this on your skin, it gives the most natural glow, with the perfect amount of dewyness to it. It almost looks a bit "wet" from certain angles and really gives off the most perfect nude glow.

When I sometimes skip foundation this will be the highlight I reach for. Because of my freckles and redness most highlights look kinda gaudy on me if I don't wear my foundation to even out my skin tone. But this is just perfect with or without.

I heard that this is discontinued and really bummed out. Dear Essence, if you are reading this please make it permanent - I feel like this can achieve a cult following.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is it. The best drugstore highlighter there is. Peace out. Just kidding.
When I swatched this I thought, this is way too dark. It was not impressive at all. For context, I found soft n Gentle and Mary Louminizer both too dark for me. When applied to the face-perfect. On the face it's medium to high shine-you can apply it gently for a more natural glow or build it up pretty significantly but it never looks metallic. There is no glitter, only sheen. The shade is very neutral/natural champagne, it's what I wanted soft n gentle to be. It lasts all day on me. The texture is a traditional powder so it kicks up a little powder but not bad. Easily the most natural, usable highlighter I have found in the drugstore.

on 8/29/2017 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so bad, after hearing all of the good reviews about it. However, it just didn't work on my skin tone. This pulled really warm and orange on me. It was a super noticeable stripe on my face rather than a natural looking highlight, as I wanted.

I have very pale, cool olive skin, and makeup colors often seem to pull oddly on me. However, the formula of this was really very good, and the price is great. If this works for your skin tone, then go for it. It doesn't work on everyone though.

This highlighter gives a beautiful, subtle glow. There is no glitter and it does not emphasize pores. Perfect for everyday wear. However, I heard it's being discontinued... hopefully that's just a rumor!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Let me just start off by saying, I love highlighting. I got this based on Kathleen Lights rec. She described it as "highlighting without highlighting". This particular product is not an "in your face" highlight. It is, to me, much more of a subtle sheen. I actually wet it with Fix+ or I wet my highlighting brush. I find that it has such a beautiful glow but is still subtle worn this way. It's still not in your face, and for me, it doesn't accentuate skin texture as much. I have really come to love this inexpensive little gem. I will definitely repurchase, and I've actually got a whole order ready on Essence. I'm going to try more products, since this has been such a hit. I've seen others use they're products, and i'm very curious myself. I've seen Temptailia (and she's huge in the beauty blog world) review there products - and get decent ratings. Who am I not to try?

Beautiful Worn wet or dry- and Oh so affordable - THE absolute BEST Highlighter for NOT showing TEXTURE on the skin!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great affordable highlighter. Very natural, it complimented my fair skin. Normal wear time. Not too glittery.

on 8/1/2017 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

i wanted to keep this with me so bad! i bought it because of the awesome reviews. i have fair skin, and i kinda expected it to be a little too dark for my face but i still had hopes about making it work as i've read from others that you CAN make it work for fair skin, but upon using it, i figured it just can't work for my skintone and unfortunately had to return it. i love how it looked, it wasn't crazy shimmery and just perfect for someone who wants a natural glow! i haven't used it enough to know if it's buildable, but i am sure you can. if they had more shades i'd definitely buy it again!