Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.5

this is a BEAUTIFUL highlighter! i actually reach for this more than my glow kits because i find this more of a glowy sheen than glitter. such a pretty highlighter, and for only like 5$ its a steal.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has to be the best product I have personally found at "the drugstore". I'm all about that glow from within look day to day and this does exactly that. If you're someone who likes the intense highlight look you could most definitely still achieve it with this gem. You could build it up or wet your brush and BAM it's blinding. The texture/formula is silky smooth it blends without needing much effort. My skin is always dry/dehydrated so I like taking a large stippling brush and lightly dust this all over the face once I'm done with all my powders for that extra healthy radiant appearance. I would compare this to Hourglass Luminous Light Ambient Powder which is my all time favorite Highlighter.They are basically identical with ONE HUGE DIFFERENCE, $46.00 vs $4.49. I'll use up my Hourglass, but would never repurchase that shade now that I have BE MY HIGHLIGHT! Obviously this shade won't work for everyone, but I think if this is your type of color/tone RUN OUT AND BUY THIS BAD BOY ASAP!!

on 4/23/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is probably the best product Essence has put out. It’s such a subtle highlighter to the point where you could lightly dust it all over your face, somewhat like the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. However, this is only possible if you have a light to medium skintone. For my fair skin it barely works as a highlighter on the cheekbones, I can pull it off if I use a very light hand and a warmer bronzer so that they blend together a bit. It’s a true peachy shade. It’s in a satin finish, the powder is finely milled and doesn’t emphasize texture. I’d recommend checking it out if you have light to medium skin.

Seriously I love this product!!! I have a lot of highlighters, high end and drugstore and I seriously grab for this one the most! It gives me a wet look not glittery or shimmery! It can be natural or you can build it up for it to be more intense! I just know the way it makes my skin glow and it doesn’t exaggerate any texture or pores or anything on you face!!!

I also use it sometimes like the hourglass radiant face powders! I will take a big fluffy brush and just lightly dust it all over my face! It just makes my face radiant and nice!

on 4/10/2018 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this almost every day and I really like it. It's a little bit dark for my fair skin, but it's fine if I use a light hand. This is really pretty and it isn't glittery or chunky at all. It just looks really natural, and it doesn't exaggerate the texture of my skin, which I like. I would repurchase this but I don't think I'll have to because it's lasted me forever.

on 2/13/2018 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Awesome, beautiful, subtle glow that actually shows up on the skin and makes your skin radiant. I can't say enough good things about this. Texture is soft, price point is perfect. Use it with Elf highlighter brush and you will be amazed at how much it improves your makeup. If you like blinding highlight, this is probably not the product for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great budget highlighter. HG status in my collection for sure. It's very finely milled and has almost a pearlescent glow. It's a bit on the darker side. I wish they had a lighter shade for fairer skinned girls. I prefer this over my Becca highlighters! This is a darker dupe for the Laura Mercier Mat Radiance :)

on 1/28/2018 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the perfect natural highlighter that gives a glow but is not metallic or glittery.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm not much of a highlighter person, I have the famous Becca Opal and the wet n wild reserve your cabana which I use more for undereye setting. I don't like how essence products are not sealed in any way, but I was able to find one that looked brand new when I opened it for the first time. I really love how non-metallic this is, it's a "natural" highlighter. But it still is super shiny and glowy in my opinion. I love the peachy tone. So great for medium and tan skintones. Lasting power is superior to both the other highlighters I have.

I didnt think i was too pale to pull this off :( i hope they come with more shades coz the formuls is beautiful for a subtle glow. Im a y245 in MUFE’s ultra hd and this looks orangey peachy on me :( i will try to use it as something else lol just not sure what for..