Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Filtered by age: 44-55
Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.7

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Let me just start off by saying, I love highlighting. I got this based on Kathleen Lights rec. She described it as "highlighting without highlighting". This particular product is not an "in your face" highlight. It is, to me, much more of a subtle sheen. I actually wet it with Fix+ or I wet my highlighting brush. I find that it has such a beautiful glow but is still subtle worn this way. It's still not in your face, and for me, it doesn't accentuate skin texture as much. I have really come to love this inexpensive little gem. I will definitely repurchase, and I've actually got a whole order ready on Essence. I'm going to try more products, since this has been such a hit. I've seen others use they're products, and i'm very curious myself. I've seen Temptailia (and she's huge in the beauty blog world) review there products - and get decent ratings. Who am I not to try?

Beautiful Worn wet or dry- and Oh so affordable - THE absolute BEST Highlighter for NOT showing TEXTURE on the skin!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can see why so many people love this highlight. The packaging is simple, the size is generous, there is no annoying film that requires scraping off before you get to the good stuff. It is just glowing goodness in the form of silky smooth powder. Soft golden shade that looks beautiful on the skin, Does not accentuate pores or texture, just healthy glowing skin. It can be layered if you want a more intense look but one swipe is enough to make you look radiant. Super affordable, as is the case with all Essence products, this one is approximately $6 Cdn. Can't see ever needing to repurchase because there is a ton of product in the package but if it ever broke or if I lost it I would most certainly buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Wow - for less than five and a half bucks, who'd believe that a highlighter could be THIS good? I wasn't too sure when I bought it - it looked sort of dark for my colouring when I looked at it in the pan but I figured for the price, what did I have to lose? This little gem is every bit as good as highlighters costing 10X as much (Dior and Chanel, for example). As others have commented, there is a complete absence of chunky glitter and at first, I doubted that this would be a highlighter at all. Then I finger-tipped some onto my cheekbones and brushed a little bit onto my Cupid's bow and I was so impressed with the results. This is subtle but definitely adds a glow but it's one that looks natural. Especially at my Cupid's bow, where even the highest quality highlighters can look a bit garish, this doesn't. The packaging is pretty crummy - no mirror, obviously, and a lid/hinge that feels like it could break easily but that's not a deal breaker for me (I've had MAC compacts break in less than a week!). Do yourself a favour and give this great, inexpensive product a try. You'll be getting quite the bang for your very few bucks.

on 3/20/2017 8:59:00 AM

This is perfect for me. Nice light sheen. No one knows I'm faking a glow. Fits my skin tone. NW 20. Undetectable. Cheap too.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have found my HG highlighter! This goes under my category of "YouTube made me buy it," and I am so glad I did. It's nearly impossible to overdo it with this product as it's very finely milled and gives a sheer, lit from within look. It's not chunky or glittery at all. Price is right, especially when paired with a coupon at Ulta. The pan is huge, so I don't think I will ever use this up, but if/when I need to replace I would repurchase. Use a good highlighter brush--not necessarily a fan brush--like the ELF highlighter brush, and you won't be disappointed.

on 12/27/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this after I read the reviews. I must admit, I was quite impressed! I have several Becca highlighters, but I find that they're a bit over powering. This product gave me just enough shimmer suitable for me age. ;)

on 12/26/2016 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I keep this in my makeup bag at work. It's great for those long days with evening meetings when I need a late afternoon refresher. It's a subtle highlighter on my light/medium skin. I like it but it's not the one you turn to when you want some serious glow. It's very natural.