essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.4

on 1/28/2018 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the perfect natural highlighter that gives a glow but is not metallic or glittery.

on 11/17/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

One of the best highlighters on the market IMHO. I love that it is subtle and more natural looking on the skin than many products out there. For what I want in a highlighter, the quality and price cannot be beat! Highly recommend.

Oh my lord...the hype is real with this highlight and I am so glad I bought it.

For reference my skin tone is NC-30-35 with yellow undertone. It looks so unasssuming in the pan and sort of tucked away form the display (it was at the very bottom). When you put this on your skin, it gives the most natural glow, with the perfect amount of dewyness to it. It almost looks a bit "wet" from certain angles and really gives off the most perfect nude glow.

When I sometimes skip foundation this will be the highlight I reach for. Because of my freckles and redness most highlights look kinda gaudy on me if I don't wear my foundation to even out my skin tone. But this is just perfect with or without.

I heard that this is discontinued and really bummed out. Dear Essence, if you are reading this please make it permanent - I feel like this can achieve a cult following.

This is a lovely natural glow from within highlighter but it caused irritation and a rosacea flare for me. Looking at the ingredients, it was most likely the sunflower seed oil. Some plant oils can irritate my rosacea but this was quite cheap at least.

on 6/10/2017 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh no!!! Where have you been dear highlighter! When I think of all the money I could have saved...I'm sad..but this stuff is the bomb! I hope the space station astronauts have sunglasses because they are going to go blind! Shine to the heavens..

I bought this because or Emily83 and Kathleen lights.. I have a bunch of highlighters from Becca, MAC, NARS, Tarte, and Too Faced. Let me tell you I reach for this more than I do the pricey ones. Its natural and not over done at all. It looks great and doesn't draw attention to any texture on my skin. And its affordable. No chunky glitter either.

on 2/21/2017 11:22:00 PM

This is such a pretty highlighter. It gives a perfect lit from within glow. Can be built up to be more intense as well. This was what I was hoping Tiki would be from Hard Candy. Love it! I have light to medium oily skin and this lasts all day.

This is such an amazing highlighter!! I have mature skin and it looks so natural!!!

I get what all the hype is about. A little background on me: I am an nc25 with strong yellow and olive undertones, and am just a few months shy of turning 40. Though I look a lot younger than my age with no obvious wrinkles, I have to be very careful with highlights emphasizing fine lines and texture (I am looking at you Becca). This looks pretty dark in the pan, so I was sure it would not work for me, but it is just beautiful! I think if you are fair but have more yellow tones in your skin you can still pull this off. It gives a glow that is so close to my skin color that it looks healthy and natural. This is glossier than other natural highlighters I have, like the Laura Geller Vanilla highlighter, but it is not shimmery or glittery. I seriously think it is magic and the price is unreal.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been having a hard time with highlighters. It is really very difficult to find one light enough to actually LOOK like a highlight on me. I'm fair yellow/olive with nearly black hair and grey eyes.

This is a soft, glowy powder in a peachy/champagne color, but it's too dark for my skin. It looks more like a subtle-peachy bronzer or blush topper on me, but is too dark for highlighting. On light-medium and darker skin ones this would look really pretty.

This also does accentuate pores if I apply it above my eyebrows.

I can only see myself using it lightly dusted on high spots like an all over bronzer/luminous finishing powder. I wasn't really looking for that kind of product though, so I won't be repurchasing.