essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Filtered by age: 19-24
essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.5

I don't get the hype for this product. I really wanted to like it but I could not. It is too dark for my skin tone. I am not fair. Asian with a tan so I am pretty dark. It is not fluttering on my skin tone at all. I now use it on my shoulders and knees. Don't want to waste the money. The powder is pretty finely milled. That's a good thing.

on 4/23/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is probably the best product Essence has put out. It’s such a subtle highlighter to the point where you could lightly dust it all over your face, somewhat like the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. However, this is only possible if you have a light to medium skintone. For my fair skin it barely works as a highlighter on the cheekbones, I can pull it off if I use a very light hand and a warmer bronzer so that they blend together a bit. It’s a true peachy shade. It’s in a satin finish, the powder is finely milled and doesn’t emphasize texture. I’d recommend checking it out if you have light to medium skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm not much of a highlighter person, I have the famous Becca Opal and the wet n wild reserve your cabana which I use more for undereye setting. I don't like how essence products are not sealed in any way, but I was able to find one that looked brand new when I opened it for the first time. I really love how non-metallic this is, it's a "natural" highlighter. But it still is super shiny and glowy in my opinion. I love the peachy tone. So great for medium and tan skintones. Lasting power is superior to both the other highlighters I have.

on 8/29/2017 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so bad, after hearing all of the good reviews about it. However, it just didn't work on my skin tone. This pulled really warm and orange on me. It was a super noticeable stripe on my face rather than a natural looking highlight, as I wanted.

I have very pale, cool olive skin, and makeup colors often seem to pull oddly on me. However, the formula of this was really very good, and the price is great. If this works for your skin tone, then go for it. It doesn't work on everyone though.

This highlighter gives a beautiful, subtle glow. There is no glitter and it does not emphasize pores. Perfect for everyday wear. However, I heard it's being discontinued... hopefully that's just a rumor!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is everything I've been looking for in a highlight but never could find high-end. I don't really like a blinding highlight for everyday but I do love looking glowy and radiant as I have dry skin. This highlight is so natural and doesn't emphasize texture on my skin at all.

This product is really unique. It looks deeper in the pan, similar to the champagne pop colour, but it applies to the skin as just sheen with almost no colour and no real shimmer in it. It just brings life back into your face without making it look obvious that you're wearing makeup. There is really no wrong way to apply this but i find a small tapered brush really defuses the product nicely on the skin and makes it look even more natural and transparent. I wear this pretty much every day to work.

Even if I do want a more blinding highlight, I find I can use this on places like the nose, forehead and chin and then place a more intense highlight just to the cheekbones. I doubt I'll ever run out but if I do I'd repurchase this in a heartbeat.

on 5/15/2017 2:52:00 PM

I LOVE this highlighter! I wear this on a daily basis to work. It certainly gives a subtle, beautiful glow to your skin. I would say that it's not something I would wear for a very "POW" highlight, but it is perfect for a lit from within glow. Plus this is pretty cheap for the amount you get! I have The Balm's highlighting trio and I find I reach for this more than the trio for an everyday look. I think this is definitely HG everyday highlight for me.

I will start with one important thing and that is: if you are the kind of person who loves bold highlighters that literally blind you this product is NOT for you and you will be disappointed if you purchase it.
However, if you are into healthy glows and subtle no-makeup makeup looks you will definitely love this little treasure. It gives the prettiest neutral glow suitable for both warm and cool toned skin types and you can apply it literally all over your face without looking like a flashlight. It is very subtle so you might want to add a different stronger highlighter on top of it in places like cheekbones or the cupid's bow.
Some people might feel like it doesn't show up on their face which I have also experienced but this is related to artificial lightning (which most people use when doing their makeup). Once you step outside you WILL see it although it is subtle.
The packaging is ok and the price is absolutely fantastic. I usually apply it with a fan brush and I use it almost daily.

on 5/5/2017 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Let me just start off with saying that I've got a caramel complexion and highlighting is not my strong point. I heard that this was a good subtle highlighter and when I was in Ulta, I saw it and really debated on buying this. I'm very glad I did. With light strokes using a small fluffy brush, I got that natural highlight that just took my makeup looks to a whole new level. This is a great highlight for natural looks!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was so giddy when I saw this at my local drugstore in my country, when I thought it's already discontinued here and won't sell anymore, so even though it's my no-buy makeup month, I snatched this right away. As soon as I bought it, I swatched it on my hand and I didn't know what I expected really, knowing that it's supposed to be a natural highlighter and not a blinding one, I was still disappointed and felt regret of buying it, but when I applied it on my cheekbones and saw it on natural lighting, I died. It's such a natural beautiful glow. It doesn't look grainy on my skin unlike blinding and shimmery highlighters do. I immediately fell in love with it! Definitely worth a buy if you don't like heavy makeup but still wants to glow and look natural :')

edit: you can definitely build this up for a more intense highlight and it's just beautiful! although it's peachy and warm on the packaging this looks a bit purplish and cool toned on my warm medium skin and i dont know why, i prefer golden highlighters but i really don't mind because this just looks so beautiful on the skin!