essence Pure Nude Highlighter

essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.1

on 4/10/2018 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this almost every day and I really like it. It's a little bit dark for my fair skin, but it's fine if I use a light hand. This is really pretty and it isn't glittery or chunky at all. It just looks really natural, and it doesn't exaggerate the texture of my skin, which I like. I would repurchase this but I don't think I'll have to because it's lasted me forever.

on 12/23/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think this is the 2nd product I've ever called HG (and it's from essence like the 1st one!).

Pros:
- Cheap
- You get a lot of product
- It's a GOOOORGEOUS highlighter that gives a glow but absolutely no shimmer (why is that so hard to find in other highlighters?!? I wanna glow NOT look like a 5 y/o had fun throwing glitter at my face!!)

After the pros list there's usually a cons list but I honestly cant' think of any except maybe that the packaging (or more so the top plastic part) feels cheap, but then again, the product IS cheap so what did you expect?

on 8/1/2017 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

i wanted to keep this with me so bad! i bought it because of the awesome reviews. i have fair skin, and i kinda expected it to be a little too dark for my face but i still had hopes about making it work as i've read from others that you CAN make it work for fair skin, but upon using it, i figured it just can't work for my skintone and unfortunately had to return it. i love how it looked, it wasn't crazy shimmery and just perfect for someone who wants a natural glow! i haven't used it enough to know if it's buildable, but i am sure you can. if they had more shades i'd definitely buy it again!

on 5/26/2017 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

So i bought into the hype after so long.. i already own wnw reserve your cabana, the other raved about inexpensive subtle highlight, but since this is so talked about I HAD TO TRY IT cuz im a makeup hoarder i need to stop omg..

This is 5.49 CDN. So this only comes in one shade, be my highlight, i think is the name. Its a bit dark for my fair skin but blended out it works.

Its actually really really beautiful. I dont find it emphasizes pores at all. Its a beautiful glow that doesnt look like i just put highlighter on my face, it looks like i am just glowing. I think i like this more than wet n wilds reserve your cabana. I like that one too, this one just has a bit stronger glow while people can use wnw as a setting powder.
If you think you have way too many highlighters and dont need this... YOU NEED IT ANYWAYS!!!!
[sorry for my bad typing I am too lazy to care about grammar]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love everything about this highlighter!

Price - Super affordable, it costs about $5.80 before discount!

Packaging - Love that it is simple and fuss free! I also like that it comes in this pan where it is easy to get product on the brush

Product - Love the texture, shade and shimmer of it! It looks so natural and beautiful on the skin especially under sunlight! I feel so happy whenever I wear this on my face! I also love that it is such a finely milled powder!

Now I finally understand the hype over this highlighter! I would highly recommend this!

on 1/6/2017 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My HG highlighter is from elf and I think it's discontinued (Pinktastic baked blush) so I was on the hunt for a new highlight under $10 !! I'm an NC15 and I thought this would be too dark, but with the tiniest amount you can't even tell that it's way too dark for my skin. For pale people, I would recommend the lightest usage possible. For those who can use it across the entire face, it might be comparable to the hourglass ambient lighting powders. It has a soft sheen, almost no glitter and is just SUPER beautiful

EDIT:

I would honestly rather used E.L.F's moonlight pearls over this now because it's just too orange. I want to love it but it's like a shimmer bronzer, and it doesn't even look good as an eyeshadow.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased this highlighter with high expectations which didn't help my opinion of the product after using it. People claimed it was a great natural highlight- it is, just not for my shade of skin. It came off as very subtle and can't be applied with a fan brush because the pigmentation isn't great. With a thick stippling brush I was able to get more payoff than a sheer sparkle. The glitter in this also bugged me because with the light pigmentation that's all you saw. When I tried it on my friend the results were more pleasing but for someone with darker skin tones you might get the same results as I did. I recommend Wet and Wild Boozy bunch for a cheap highlight with less glitter if that was a problem with this highlight.