LUSH Sleepy Hand and Body Lotion

LUSH Sleepy Hand and Body Lotion

4.4

Oat Milk (Avena Sativa), Almond Oil, (Prunus Dulcis), Lavender Water (Lavandula Angustifolia), Lavender Flower Infusion (Lavandula Angustifolia), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao), Stearic Acid, Illipe Butter (Shorea Stenoptera), Triethanolamine, Lavender Oil (Lavandula Angustifolia), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax Tonkinensis Pierre), Tonka Absolute (Dipteryx Odorata), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga Odorata), Cetearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Coumarin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Red 28, Blue 1

on 10/4/2018 10:52:00 PM

This is my favorite lotion of all time. I am a huge fan of lavender scented anything, but many products have a synthetic and sickly sweet lavender scent that I dislike. This Sleepy body lotion was the answer to all of my lavender prayers. You can get 3.1 oz for $9.95, 7.4 oz for $19.95, or 14.9 oz $32.95. This is some pricey lotion, but a lot of LUSH products tend to have that high price tag. Personally, I take a long time to get through a tub of this lotion, so I don't mind shelling out extra money for it. One thing I don't like about it is how it's in a jar, but I'm sure they do that partially because it's better for the environment. A tub is much easier to crush and recycle than a pump bottle I'm sure. My favorite way to use it is after a shower a few hours before bed with a body oil. The scent puts me in a good mood, and my skin drinks it up. I really like how it isn't too sticky or too watery, but it's just right. It also works so much better than the Body Shop Body Butters which I dislike because they feel stiff and smell like play-doh.

This Sleepy lotion just meets every requirement in a body lotion. Lovely scent, great formula, and a price point that I can personally reach.

Love love love this lotion! Smells amazing and leaves my skin glowing. Will definitely buy again.

on 8/20/2018 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

As much as I like Lush, a lot of their products are overhyped and overrated, and this one is no exception. It's been virally marketed on sites like Buzzfeed.
It is a nice softening lotion with a gentle scent (I'm a huge lavender fan) that is fairly calming. So it's a good product.
But it doesn't have particularly great moisturising properties, which makes me tentative about the price, and as an insomniac, it's not really chill enough to help but me to sleep. It's just... nice. Not really a miracle product thing.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

This lotion is, so far, the best I've ever used. The lavender smell is soothing without being overpowering, and its moisturising properties deliver as promised. Since Lush does not add alcohol into the lotion, it is thick and also takes a bit of time in my humid homeland to be absorbed into the skin (feels a bit sticky, but not greasy). The absorption rate does not bother me, though. The major plus point of this is that it is the first product that has reduced the lines on the back of my hand. I've never had hands that are flawless and wrinkle-free, but this moisturiser has significantly reduced so many lines that I am incredibly impressed. At least I feel more confident about sticking my hand out to show off my nails and accessories now, because my hands look more youthful.

This lotion also works very well in dry-climate places (tried and tested). I'd give it as many stars as I can.

on 5/3/2018 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I’ve only just purchased this, largely on the many positive reviews i’ve read. I have serious insomnia issues and medications actually make me more agitated rather than helping me to sleep. I’ve always loved Lush products so thought i’d Give this a try. It comes in the usual black recycled black pot and is a pale lavender colour. The cream has a great texture and the smell is unbelievable, malty and lavender, so very comforting. I just love the smell so much! Whether it has a soporific effect , the jury’s out for me, but I will definitely repurchase this.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

love this. I've been using it twice a day and it's kept my dry skin hydrated thru the winter.

idk abt it helping you to sleep - I have sleeping issues as is, so would take the whole mysterious healing properties w a grain of salt - but I love the malty lavender scent. it's really unique.

I'm also three months in and I'm only a third thru my pot, which is great.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Three months into my little pot I am convinced enough to write this review. Sleepy is a lavender and tonka creamy lotion that is for hands and body. However, I have been using it on my face with superb results.

A little about me: I am 50 this year, perimenopausal (those pesky whore moans!), normal to dryish, more sensitive than I used to be. I live in New Mexico and love being outdoors so have sun damage. I have never been particularly acne-prone, but since I started the perimenopause, my skin has had odd sensitivity with red bumps appearing that are somewhere between a pimple and a hive (a pive?). At least this was how my skin was behaving before Sleepy.

I use it every night after cleansing. It's a pot which is not ideal, but I find that I have plenty just by gliding my finger over the surface, rather than dipping in. There is a slight, fine, iridescent shimmer settled on top of the cream at first use, but this disappears upon application and does not seem to be throughout the pot. It smells gorgeous- like lavender but not astringent, it's sweet and vanilla-y like fresh baked cookies. It's a comforting scent rather than being sickly. My skin feels instantly hydrated and I wake up looking clearer and fresher. People have commented on how good my skin is looking! Fine lines have disappeared and my skin is so even! I am amazed. I sleep so much better too, which is having a positive effect on my skin as well as my general sense of wellbeing. Since this hormonal phase started, I have often felt tense at night and unrefreshed in the morning. For those of you who are not there yet, think of an alternative reality version of PMS that goes up and down and on and on... I am told it does get better though!

For the record I have used La Mer, SK-II, Clinique, Olay, Guerlain, Kiehl's, Aveda and La Prairie night creams amongst others and this beats them all right now. It's just what my skin needed. It might not be for you if you are oily or very acne-prone but I thought I would pass on my success story for those dry, sensitive, perimenopausal or insomniac types.

on 2/20/2018 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because of the hype and it said it would help me fall asleep faster; it didn’t. It’s so expensive for the amount you get and you have to use it up so quickly. I also didn’t notice anything special about the scent or texture that would justify the price. This was my first and last lush purchase

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have to admit that I bought this product due to the hype that it helps you fall asleep. The smell is actually very relaxing, perfect for slathering on yourself after showering at night. I usually put this on my arms and legs before going to bed and the lavender scent helps me relax and get ready for bed. It's just a nice pick-me-up product that does what any other lotion does. The scent and the gorgeous light purple color is what really makes it special. I wouldn't use it during the day though because I find that the scent is not for day wear.

on 1/31/2018 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful lavender-scented body lotion that I have been using at bedtime. It's moisturizing without being greasy, and absorbs easily. As a lavender-lover, this is the perfect relaxing product to apply all over right before sleep! The only thing I dislike about this product is the slight silvery shimmer that sits on the top of every new jar. It's a fine shimmer (not glitter-like), reminiscent of a natural facial highlighter and gives the body a slight sheen/glow. It's cute and I can see some people enjoying the glowy look, but I prefer my hand and body lotions without shimmer.

Pros:
Lovely, soothing scent
Applies easily, and absorbs quickly. Non-greasy

Cons:
Contains slight highlighting particles that leave a glowy look to the skin (some people will like this, but I prefer my lotions without extra shimmer!)