L.A. Girl Strobe Lite Strobing Powder

L.A. Girl Strobe Lite Strobing Powder

3.4

on 9/15/2017 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I wanted 30 watt to try a pink highlight but my CVS didn’t have it so I chose 90 watt. In the pan 90 watt looks like a light pink but once I swatched it it looked more silver. I tried different brushes to apply this and the glitter is very visible and does not look good on my skin. As much as I like glitter it just looks way to chunky and doesn’t blend the way that I would expect. Even for this product only being $6.99 I am pretty disappointed. I feel that I should have just invested in something from ABH. I will keep it to use as eyeshadow or for inner corner highlight but for face I feel like I would prefer a smoother powder.

I have the shade 100 and 80 watt and just yes, yes YES.
Smooth, creamy, pigmented but subtle and delicate, thee are no chunks of glitter with these highlights and after trying, I immediately listed my Jeffree Star to sell online. They are a phenomenonal price, around $14nzd and I originally brought 100 watt, only to go back days later and purchase another shade. 100 is a glorious champagne colour which blends out a dream on my nc25 skin and can see it being perfect for a range of skintones. I've never been much of a highlight girl but that changed with these babies and I enjoy how one can load them up or use a damp brush for added oomph in the evening or I use a real techniques setting brush and a light hand during the day. They're inoffensive and definitely glow as opposed to emphasizing pores or spreading glitter about my cheeks. The packaging could be better but I figure can't win em all.
I looked at a number of high end highlights including Dior and none compared and I was even turned off by Mary Loumanizer, which is considered a cult favourite because they just didn't seem right. If you're struggling, or simply am a makeup junkie you seriously cannot go wrong and if there is one thing you do today, it's trust my review. 3 of my girlfriends have brought one on my recommendation and are incredibly happy too (So much so we have a group chat started now 😂)

on 11/14/2016 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 110 Watt

PROS

- affordable

CONS

- glittery
- lots of fallout
- not much product

COMMENTS: Hated this. It's a glitter bomb and the other shades are just as bad if not worse. Even when applied wet, it's still a mess. There's a lot of fallout, resulting in flecks of glitter all over my face. J.Cat Beauty offers better options if you're looking for an affordable highlighter. Makeup Revolution Pro Illuminate is beautiful, too.

Will not repurchase.

on 11/20/2016 12:16:00 AM

I got the shade 110 watt, and I really enjoy it. I don't purchase anything high-end but compared to other drugstore/affordable highlights I've tried this is awesome! If you're very pale, I think you might have issues with the range of colors. I'm fair (not porcelain, but usually one of the lighter shades in most foundations) and 110 watt is just right - it looks silvery in the pan but when applied it gives a golden sheen, which would look strange if I was any paler. 120 watt would be more suitable for an intense highlight on me but a paler person may find themselves wanting something more intense than this range has to offer. I will be buying 90,100, and 120 watt soon and will update this once I try them out. This retails for $9 on the LA Girl site but a I snagged mine for less than $6 online. It does have a glittery sheen but I don't find it to be too chunky, and when applied it looks even and it is easy to blend out. My current HG highlight is the Wet n Wild Reserve Your Cabana which is a much smoother texture, with more of a light sheen than intense glittery sheen. If you're someone who likes a very finely milled highlight, this may not be for you. I personally don't find any issue with it. If you happen to have textured skin this will exaggerate those issues, so definitely keep that in mind. This highlighter isn't super intense at first (don't let the swatches fool you!!) but I find it to be easily buildable, so its nice to be able to go from "healthy glow" to "beacon of light" depending on my mood.

Pros:
-Great color range for light/medium - deep skin tones
-Great price ($6)
-Buildable formula

Cons:
-Only 1-2 good shades for pale folk
-Texture could be smoother, this will exaggerate any texture you have on your skin (dryness, pores, bumps)

on 5/27/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the shade 100 Watts, its the third shade from the collection. On the L.A. Girl website these run 9$ but I found this at a store and got it for 7$. The Net WT. is 0.19 OZ / 5.5g

This highlighter is very powdery with a lot of excess fall out but I don't mind, just tap it off. When I open the lid, you can see that there is a lot of glitter in this highlight however, once you put it on it's not noticeable and looks nice. This is very pigmented, you do not need a lot for it to show but if you need more it is buildable. I like it a lot, but probably wouldn't have bought this for 9$ just because it is drugstore and I think it should be a little cheaper but still not a bad price. There are 12 colors available so anyone can find their shade.

I would recommend this for anyone to try.