Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Primer

Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Primer

4.7

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This lip primer is fantastic. Normally when I apply lipstick it settles into the natural lip lines and chapped spots to create an uneven looking mess after several hours. However if I use a lip exfoliator (E.L.F or Fresh Sugar Lip Polish) first and then this primer I have perfect lippie application, better hydrated lips, less transference, easier removal at the end of the day and above all else - smooth looking lips, instead of crusty and dried out. It creates a barrier to stop lipstick settling into the lips and drying them out (as can sometimes happen, depending upon the formula). Unfragranced and very inexpensive too. This is one I won't be without.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 1/4/2019 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

This does exactly as advertised: it smooths out the vertical lines of the lips so that my liquid lipstick has a smoother canvas to lie on. It does not extend wear time but I wasn’t expecting that anyway. I first purchased this because I adore the look of a matte lip, but I was straying away from liquid lipsticks during the cold winter months because of how dry my lips would end up looking and feeling. But if I wear the same lipsticks on top of the ABH Primer, my lips look perfectly healthy for the whole day. It should be noted though that I find it works best on healthy, moisturized lips but non-greasy lips. Honestly, if my lips are dry or cracked, I wouldn’t even want to wear liquid lipstick and would rather just slather on some balm until they’re better.  Although this product is geared more towards liquid lipsticks, I find it’s also quite useful for matte lipsticks in the traditional bullet. If I apply the primer a few minutes before the lipstick and allow it to settle into your lips, my lipstick wears much more evenly for a longer period of time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Best lip primer on the market!

I have always had an expressive face, and in my mid 30's I have lip lines. Sadly, I thought my passion for red lipstick was going to have to die....

I was at Nordstrom buying skincare, and my consultant was so excited to show me a new shade of red. I said I couldn't wear them anymore. I was sticking to boring nudes. With reds, the color bleeds and looks cheap, no matter the brand, and matte dried out my lips. She let me sample this. I was skeptical, all lip primers I had tried before were glorified lip balm or dried my lips out horribly.
This was amazing!

It doesn't dry the lips, stays put, has only a tad bit of sheen, but no glitter. The bullet is sturdy and clicks securely in place. My lipstick glides on perfectly, taking 10 years off of my face! My lines no longer bleed, even without lipliner. I really love it.
It's shortcomings: I'll admit, it looks just like Kevyn Aucoin's packaging (which is quality but boring.) The product does have a little of a white cast, so using it as balm isn't really an option for me.

It was the price of a regular luxury bullet lipstick: ($20) so I think it's a winner!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This lip primer helps with the application of satin and matte lipsticks. Sometimes even high end lipsticks will ball or dry out my lips. The primer provides a smooth surface for application and acts as a buffer. As a result, the lipstick applies more evenly and doesn't ball or dry out. It does NOT extend wear time. But, it helps make many a lipstick more wearable without changing the nature of the lipstick the way a gloss or chapstick would.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A MUST and I stress MUST for liquid matte lipsticks, makes the liquid lipstick go on a smooth lip canvas. Even works amazing for applying lip liner, no more tugging or flaking. No more dry skin cracks! Everyone needs this!

on 1/23/2017 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is definitely a must have. My matte lipsticks used to leave my lips dry by noon. This primer makes my matte lipstick go on smoothly and keeps it hydrated all day.

on 11/14/2016 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have never used a lip primer before using this product and I can tell there is a significant difference from using a lip primer and a regular lip balm. The ABH Lip Primer appears white in tube, but when applied on the lips, it's colorless and it does not add a sheen. The texture slightly silicone-like that does not feel greasy or sticky. I suggest exfoliating the lips before using this lip primer because it won't work as well.

I use the ABH lip primer under several bullet lipsticks (MAC mattes, Revlon, NYX) and application goes on. The lipsticks don't skip, drag, or fill in the little line on the surface of my lips. I also tested this under liquid lipsticks from Jeffree Star, KVD, and Kylie Cosmetics. The results are not that impressive compared to bullets as it doesn't make application more smooth or less drying. However the lip primer does make it easier to use stiff, waxy lip liners as well as easier to blend lip stains (BeneFit Cha Cha Tint) into a gradient effect.

However I think the lip primer is not meant to
make lipsticks have: longer longevity, maintain hydration, or enhance the pigmentation. It's for creating a smooth canvas on the lips so that lip sticks can glide on more smoothly and have a base to stick to. A lip balm can keep your lips moist, but it sometimes causes your lipstick to smudge or bleed. The ABH lip primer helps me keep my lipstick evenly coated and it doesn't smudge on me. I highly recommend this product to people who struggle with applying lipstick with one coat and I would repurchase this product!