Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme

Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme

Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Laurel PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PVP, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isostearic Acid, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Bis-PEG-15 Dimethicone/IPDI Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, PEG-2 Soyamine, Boron Nitride, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Phytantriol, Simethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Betaine, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Methicone, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 3/14/2018 9:52:00 PM

This product is amazing and works so well with the Kat Von D lock it foundation.
It is extremely thick and full coverage, although still slides on well. It comes with a little tip brush attached however i find it easier to apply with a dry beauty blender or a fine concealer brush.
I found that it was much more effective in covering up red spots than dark circles under my eyes.
I would by this product again!
best part is it doesn't leave creases when using it around the eyes or as a base for eyelids.

on 1/31/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Edit: This triggers breakouts. It clogs my pores. Its so sad because it's a beautiful concealer that covers well and wears well. I rarely go to Sephora because of how far away it is from my town, but I went a week ago because I had a training nearby. I was so excited but didn't have a lot of money to spend so I had to pick one thing. I was going to be a Nars concealer, Tarte Shape Tape, or Kat Von D concealer creme. I learned Shape tape was a Ulta exclusive, and that they were out of stock of my color match for all the Nars concealers. So KVD concealer was the easy choice. And now :( , I breakout EVERY SINGLE TIME I USE IT. Sigh. The people that can use it are lucky. Good product just can't use it everyday. So I spent $30-40 for a concealer...that I can use on special ocassions only. ANNOYING. Took a lippie off for that.

High coverage. Looks flawless and lasts all day IF and only IF applied with a damp sponge and set with some translucent powder. I hate how it looks applied with brushes. Haven't tried fingers. At the end of the day it looks great.

I apply a SMALL triangle under my eyes (often after color correcting a bit with LA girl orange concealer and letting that dry), and then I slowly spread the product by tapping with the tip of the sponge towards the side of my nose and towards the end of my eye/top of cheekbone. I always do a second layer of it where it's still dark in the same manner. I then set it with a fine translucent powder, I'm using NYX HD Silica powder because I'm on a budget.

For reference I picked up Medium 27 warm. It's slightly lighter than my skin tone, great for everyday brightening. I use Estee Lauder Double wear in 4w1 Honey bronze (slightly too orange but workable), Loreal Pro Matte in 107 Fresh Beige and Mac studio fix powder in NC 42-43.

on 1/30/2018 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think I didn't really like this product because I got the wrong one.
This is a heavy duty, thick, full af coverage concealer, which means it's not as creamy or watery as other concealers. Get the correct shade with the correct undertone. I didn't. I'm stuck with that mistake. Also really not for my skin type, but I can definitely why people think this is a dope product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was given three samples of this by a very generous MUA when I bought Lolita - and I'm so glad! I bloody LOVE them!

I was given Neutral, Cool and Warm (I expect there are variations in those but that's all it says on mine) and the cool and Neutral ones are just amazing. I use them under my eyes and along my cheeks to cover my rosacea, it blends beautifully with a damp RT sponge, sets and doesn't budge. I love it. I use it with Fenty foundation for full coverage and mt skin genuinely looks flawless all day (powdered and set with setting spray of course!).

I used it the other day with just some Smashbox Oil Primer, a couple of drops on my face and then blended out with the aforementioned sponge. Oh my god, it looked amazing. It genuinely looked like I just had flawless skin, it covered the redness without looking cakey or like make up, as the oil gave it a gorgeous dewiness. I've now run out of the oil (of course ) so when I can, I will be buying both the concealer and the oil so I can FINALLY achieve a 'my skin but better' look! continued >>

on 1/7/2018 12:34:00 AM

God I always come back to this. Absolutely amazing, I personally find it a lot easier to use with a brush. Great formula, awesome cruelty free find and has a beautiful finish. I just wish she would come out with a yellow toned version of L1 because then I would be so happy. But still love it mixing every day.

on 11/29/2017 3:46:00 PM

In theory, this has nice aesthetics/packaging, good formula and coverage, and good colour range. Love the white one, which is the one I purchased. When I apply this, it gives me the seamless doll look. I wish this didn't irritate my skin and give me bumps from where I've applied it. I've tried this with several months apart, with no changes in the rest of my routine so I know it's this item. Works well for those who do not react from this. Would avoid if you have sensitive skin or dry patches.

on 11/1/2017 3:06:00 PM

100% the best concealer I've ever used!
I have very dark circles under my eyes and most concealers (even applied in layers) don't cover it well. Whereas this formula is so so creamy and thick I apply one layer and it looks great.

I'm yet to try Kat Von D foundation, but if it's anything like the concealer I will be so pleased!

The best concealer I've used yet.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm attempting to phase out beauty products that are tested on animals from my arsenal and unfortunately, my long time holy grail Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard no longer fits the bill since Nars started selling in China. This is a more than worthy replacement. I use the shade Light 15 Neutral and this covers my dark circles beautifully, arguably better than the Nars did. Overall, performance is similar. The creamy formula is suitable for my dry, eczema prone under eyes. It can settle into my fine lines but quite frankly, my lines are pretty deep and this is mostly mitigated by using a setting powder. Even without setting powder, it manages to last throughout the day. I'll also add that I prefer the flat dough tip applicator this has as it makes applying concealer easier IMO (though I do blend it all out with a dedicated concealer brush).

on 10/12/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My search for the perfect long-lasting, creamy, non-wrinkle-enhancing undereye concealer is over! I have bluish dark circles under my eyes, so finding something that covers them adequately usually requires a pretty thick concealer, but with thickness comes cracking and settling by the end of the day. Yesterday I wore this for around 16 hours. At the end of that time it was still as perfect as when I had applied it. I pat a tiny bit under my entire undereye area, let that dry down a bit, then apply a bit more with a small brush just in the discolored area itself, and blend out well. I don't set it with powder, but in the future I probably will just along the lower lash line where it does tend to crease the tiniest bit. I will repurchase this again and again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Last month I received this in my Sephora Play! box and really like it. It's a good match for my skin (L11 Neutral) and so far hasn't caused any breakouts. My daughter enjoys using it, too. Her skin is darker than mine, but it blends easily. My only hesitation about buying the full size is that I rarely ever use concealer, maybe twice a month, and already have a MUF tube that is still half full.