Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme

Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme

4.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Laurel PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PVP, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isostearic Acid, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Bis-PEG-15 Dimethicone/IPDI Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, PEG-2 Soyamine, Boron Nitride, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Phytantriol, Simethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Betaine, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Methicone, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was given three samples of this by a very generous MUA when I bought Lolita - and I'm so glad! I bloody LOVE them!

I was given Neutral, Cool and Warm (I expect there are variations in those but that's all it says on mine) and the cool and Neutral ones are just amazing. I use them under my eyes and along my cheeks to cover my rosacea, it blends beautifully with a damp RT sponge, sets and doesn't budge. I love it. I use it with Fenty foundation for full coverage and mt skin genuinely looks flawless all day (powdered and set with setting spray of course!).

I used it the other day with just some Smashbox Oil Primer, a couple of drops on my face and then blended out with the aforementioned sponge. Oh my god, it looked amazing. It genuinely looked like I just had flawless skin, it covered the redness without looking cakey or like make up, as the oil gave it a gorgeous dewiness. I've now run out of the oil (of course ) so when I can, I will be buying both the concealer and the oil so I can FINALLY achieve a 'my skin but better' look! continued >>

on 1/7/2018 12:34:00 AM

God I always come back to this. Absolutely amazing, I personally find it a lot easier to use with a brush. Great formula, awesome cruelty free find and has a beautiful finish. I just wish she would come out with a yellow toned version of L1 because then I would be so happy. But still love it mixing every day.

on 11/29/2017 3:46:00 PM

In theory, this has nice aesthetics/packaging, good formula and coverage, and good colour range. Love the white one, which is the one I purchased. When I apply this, it gives me the seamless doll look. I wish this didn't irritate my skin and give me bumps from where I've applied it. I've tried this with several months apart, with no changes in the rest of my routine so I know it's this item. Works well for those who do not react from this. Would avoid if you have sensitive skin or dry patches.

on 11/1/2017 3:06:00 PM

100% the best concealer I've ever used!
I have very dark circles under my eyes and most concealers (even applied in layers) don't cover it well. Whereas this formula is so so creamy and thick I apply one layer and it looks great.

I'm yet to try Kat Von D foundation, but if it's anything like the concealer I will be so pleased!

The best concealer I've used yet.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm attempting to phase out beauty products that are tested on animals from my arsenal and unfortunately, my long time holy grail Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard no longer fits the bill since Nars started selling in China. This is a more than worthy replacement. I use the shade Light 15 Neutral and this covers my dark circles beautifully, arguably better than the Nars did. Overall, performance is similar. The creamy formula is suitable for my dry, eczema prone under eyes. It can settle into my fine lines but quite frankly, my lines are pretty deep and this is mostly mitigated by using a setting powder. Even without setting powder, it manages to last throughout the day. I'll also add that I prefer the flat dough tip applicator this has as it makes applying concealer easier IMO (though I do blend it all out with a dedicated concealer brush).

on 10/12/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My search for the perfect long-lasting, creamy, non-wrinkle-enhancing undereye concealer is over! I have bluish dark circles under my eyes, so finding something that covers them adequately usually requires a pretty thick concealer, but with thickness comes cracking and settling by the end of the day. Yesterday I wore this for around 16 hours. At the end of that time it was still as perfect as when I had applied it. I pat a tiny bit under my entire undereye area, let that dry down a bit, then apply a bit more with a small brush just in the discolored area itself, and blend out well. I don't set it with powder, but in the future I probably will just along the lower lash line where it does tend to crease the tiniest bit. I will repurchase this again and again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Last month I received this in my Sephora Play! box and really like it. It's a good match for my skin (L11 Neutral) and so far hasn't caused any breakouts. My daughter enjoys using it, too. Her skin is darker than mine, but it blends easily. My only hesitation about buying the full size is that I rarely ever use concealer, maybe twice a month, and already have a MUF tube that is still half full.

I primarily use this concealer for my under eye area. It does crease a little if you don't set it, but not to the point where the under eye looks a mess. I also find that this doesn't oxidize on my skin. It feels thick, but it's a lot easier to blend out than shape tape; while shape tape is deemed holy grail for many people, I find that it can still appear heavy for the under eye and prefer it to spot conceal.

on 8/17/2017 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I deleted my previous review which was giving this a high rating. I was using it for 3 weeks at the time and DID love the coverage and consistency for my acne scars and even under eyes. However, I noticed really bad breakouts only the spots I was using it, and once I stopped, the pimples stopped too. I did more research on the ingredients and Bismuth Oxychloride is on it. Although at the bottom of the list, I always react to anything with this in it and anyone with sensitive or acne-prone skin should stay away. Anyways, it's not bad for under the eyes, gets kind of oily by the end of the day so definitely need to set and probably touch up. The coverage and color range are great so it's unfortunate, but I've switched to a cheaper option with no harmful ingredients, Maybelline Master Conceal.

on 8/11/2017 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I just got the first two items from this brand, the concealer and lip stain and have to say I'm in love. Wow. I got this concealer in medium. A perfect match for my nc30 light olive complexion. The concealer has a felt tip want applicator. Just place three dots under eyes and blend. Perfect coverage and lasts all day. Did not cake in my wrinkles. . Love it. I would repurchase.