Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme

Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme

4.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Laurel PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PVP, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isostearic Acid, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Bis-PEG-15 Dimethicone/IPDI Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, PEG-2 Soyamine, Boron Nitride, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Phytantriol, Simethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Betaine, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Methicone, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This concealer in number 11 is a spot on dupe for NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard. It's identical. A hair bit more matte in texture. I really like it.

I really don't want to support KVD overall. But this is the only concealer I've found that works, doesn't look cakey and doesn't crease under my eyes.

I wish I could find an alternative but I feel like I'd be lost forever in that search. So for now I'll keep this.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have 2 of these, one in fair cashmere for actual concealing, and the white out for highlighting. It's the only matte white highlighter that doesn't just blend into my super pale, but pink skintone. I use the WO with a BB, before I apply my foundation, on the high points of my face. Perfect highlight every time, never looks cakey. I use the fair cashmere shade for undereyes and spot concealing and it works for both very well. It never creases or dries out my eye area, and it covers spots and discolored parts very well, this baby is full coverage. I always have puffy undereye bags and it somehow covers that too. The big doe foot applicator is great, perfect size. Wears well throughout the day, whether I've set it with powder or not. For me, there are no cons to this product. Even the price is good, because it lasts me forever. Highly recommend

on 6/14/2018 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this as it covers dark circles and doesn't crease! Unfortunately, whenever I use it, by the end of the work day it feels like I have something under my eyelids irritating my eyes. So, back it goes to Sephora. :-(

on 4/15/2018 7:45:00 PM

I originally purchased the small "try it" one and loved it. I ran out, rushed to Sephora and they were out! I purchased it online while I was there, was not charged shipping, and had it in two days. Yes, it's heavy, I simply use a lighter hand when applying. I don't need much to cover my dark circles.

on 3/24/2018 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The best concealer I tried - long lasting and high coverage. The variety of shades is really good. I'm not too fond of this kind of packaging but it's not too bad either. Doesn't settle into fine lines. When applied under the eyes it's pretty long lasting, but if I apply on scars of something it does wear off more quickly.

on 3/14/2018 9:52:00 PM

This product is amazing and works so well with the Kat Von D lock it foundation.
It is extremely thick and full coverage, although still slides on well. It comes with a little tip brush attached however i find it easier to apply with a dry beauty blender or a fine concealer brush.
I found that it was much more effective in covering up red spots than dark circles under my eyes.
I would by this product again!
best part is it doesn't leave creases when using it around the eyes or as a base for eyelids.

on 1/31/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Edit: This triggers breakouts. It clogs my pores. Its so sad because it's a beautiful concealer otherwise. It's finicky though. I haven't been able to blend it nicely with fingers. You have to work with it to get it right. Also the coverage is not as full as I expected. You can build it to high coverage, but off the bat is light to medium coverage. Let's say medium because I got a highlighting shade. Maybe it covers better if it's darker. I rarely go to Sephora because of how far away it is from my town, but I went a week ago because I had a training nearby. I was so excited but didn't have a lot of money to spend so I had to pick one thing. I was going to be a Nars concealer, Tarte Shape Tape, or Kat Von D concealer creme. I learned Shape tape was a Ulta exclusive, and that they were out of stock of my color match for all the Nars concealers. So KVD concealer was the easy choice. And now :( , I breakout EVERY SINGLE TIME I USE IT. Sigh. The people that can use it are lucky. Good product just can't use it everyday.
---

High coverage. Looks flawless and lasts all day IF and only IF applied with a damp sponge and set with some translucent powder. I hate how it looks applied with brushes. Haven't tried fingers. At the end of the day it looks great.

I apply a SMALL triangle under my eyes (often after color correcting a bit with LA girl orange concealer and letting that dry), and then I slowly spread the product by tapping with the tip of the sponge towards the side of my nose and towards the end of my eye/top of cheekbone. I always do a second layer of it where it's still dark in the same manner. I then set it with a fine translucent powder, I'm using NYX HD Silica powder because I'm on a budget.

For reference I picked up Medium 27 warm. It's slightly lighter than my skin tone, great for everyday brightening. I use Estee Lauder Double wear in 4w1 Honey bronze (slightly too orange but workable), Loreal Pro Matte in 107 Fresh Beige and Mac studio fix powder in NC 42-43.

on 1/30/2018 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think I didn't really like this product because I got the wrong one.
This is a heavy duty, thick, full af coverage concealer, which means it's not as creamy or watery as other concealers. Get the correct shade with the correct undertone. I didn't. I'm stuck with that mistake. Also really not for my skin type, but I can definitely why people think this is a dope product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was given three samples of this by a very generous MUA when I bought Lolita - and I'm so glad! I bloody LOVE them!

I was given Neutral, Cool and Warm (I expect there are variations in those but that's all it says on mine) and the cool and Neutral ones are just amazing. I use them under my eyes and along my cheeks to cover my rosacea, it blends beautifully with a damp RT sponge, sets and doesn't budge. I love it. I use it with Fenty foundation for full coverage and mt skin genuinely looks flawless all day (powdered and set with setting spray of course!).

I used it the other day with just some Smashbox Oil Primer, a couple of drops on my face and then blended out with the aforementioned sponge. Oh my god, it looked amazing. It genuinely looked like I just had flawless skin, it covered the redness without looking cakey or like make up, as the oil gave it a gorgeous dewiness. I've now run out of the oil (of course ) so when I can, I will be buying both the concealer and the oil so I can FINALLY achieve a 'my skin but better' look! continued >>