L'Oreal Detox & Brighten Mask Pure Clay Mask

L'Oreal Detox & Brighten Mask Pure Clay Mask
Detox & Brighten Mask Pure Clay Mask

4.2

Aqua / Water, Kaolin, Montmorillonite, Lecithin, Polysorbate 20, Butylene, Glycol Propylene, Glycol, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Oryza, Sativa Starch / Rice Starch, Moroccan Lava Clay, Charcoal Powder, Caprylyl, Glycol Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyglycerin-10, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Linalool, Limonene, Parfum / Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I’m in to my fourth week of using this product, I have found the benefits definitely come with regular usage.
I paid just over £5.00 for the mask, absolutely fantastic value for money in my opinion! The packaging is lovely – a nice heavy, square, glass jar. I have been using once every three days on clean, exfoliated skin. As others have mentioned, I tend to pop this on before a shower if I can as it is a little messy when it comes to washing it off.
I apply with a flat foundation brush, this uses the least amount of product and provides an even application. It is quite scented, but a lovely fresh scent I can quite happily put up with.
For me, this has combatted my clogged pores and started to work on some stubborn blackheads on my nose. Keeps my skin oil free and sooo smooth.
Happy bunny here! No reaction from my ever so sensitive skin either 😊

on 4/29/2018 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Will update this after I use it more, but I didnt notice any immediate results after first use. My skin was soft, but I didnt see any fewer blackheads or brightening. My face looked the same. It did dry tight and made my skin feel a bit drier but nothing excessive.

As for the scent, I dont think this is exessively scented, all I seem to smell is the clay, so as a scent sensitive person, this was a plus. I will definitely keep using this and see how things go. It says to use 3 times a week, I doubt I will do that but maybe twice a week. Also used a flat foundation brush to apply, so a little went a long way. I also rinsed off using a damp baby wipe that I could keep soaking with warm water to get all the drier bits off my face. Helps if you dont want to ruin/stain a washcloth.

ETA - I found that using this before a shower (with a clean face) is the best way to approach this type of face mask (for me). When I first tried it, I did it at night before bed and I found that the smell lingered long after I had washed it off via the sink. Applying this and then showering helps really remove the mask and the scent and gives a better "clean" feeling. I haven't had any breakouts with using this - nor do I think the smell is "that" bad, but if it is - stick to using before a shower instead of just sink rinsing. I also have noticed that this doesn't overdry, but seems to help control my oils throughout the week (I think - could be foundation/primer combo, too) but I do enjoy this and may consider repurchasing. I haven't seen any "brightening" or anything, but i think it's something great to use for oily skinned folks.

it doesn't work on my skin

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know if there are masks that last longer than 3 hours,but this lasts 3 hours.I am very oily and I use it every week.After 10 minutes my skin is so clean.Every time I wash my face,I am oily after 1 hour.So 3 hours used to make me happy.But now I am searching for something better.I hope I will find it.Also it costs only 10 euros.So I recommend it.

on 1/27/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My favorite of the 3 new masks from L’Oréal. This one is not as perfumed as the mattifying one (green) but still has a nice fragrance. I swear this lessened my breakout when used after a face wash. I would certainly purchase again. You can see all the oil purges from the pore before washing it off. I use a washcloth dampened with warm water. Love this mask.

on 1/17/2018 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

After just one use, this mask got me rid of three very stubborn pimples that have been resurfacing on my forehead for weeks. It could be a coincidence, technically, but I'm 99% sure it was because of the mask.
But, enough about those particular pimples (burn in hell, little suckers, I won't miss you!). After using this, my skin feels clean, soft and brighter and my pores appear visibly smaller, even some really large ones on my nose. It takes a surprisingly small amount of product to cover the whole face. Also, unlike a lot of clay masks that feel too rough and abrasive against the skin while you wash them off, this one feels creamy and gentle.
Keep in mind this product has a rather strong smell. I personally don't mind it and even find it pleasant but I can see how it could be off putting for people with more sensitive noses.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This ruined my pretty skin causing terrible dryness and acne I didn't have before especially by my nose and chin. It really felt harsh and disturbed the balance of my skin. This happened every time I used it. Really disappointed.

on 11/1/2017 10:17:00 PM

Really like this mask. I use it at least twice a week and I've used about half the jar so far. I was skeptical, as I've never really had good experiences with L'Oreal skincare...they always seem to have some ingredient included that either irritates my skin or breaks me out. But I scanned the ingredients list and it seemed fine, no menthol or anything....and well, it was on sale and less than 10 bucks. Works like a pretty standard clay mask for a really good price. Cleans pores and DOES actually make my skin look brighter, and clearer. Hasn't irritated my skin, and I don't find it stings at all. Rinses easily. Hasn't made any drastic changes in my skin, or completely gotten rid of blackheads on my nose...but it helps and they seem lessened. Like this, will buy again, and I'm going to try a couple of their other masks too...

on 11/1/2017 1:23:00 PM

This product is amazing when it's paired with a pore strip! Ive used a number of clay masks (sephora brand's version of the glam glow, aztec clay, mint julep, etc...) followed by a pore strip to remove sebaceous filaments, with okay results. But I used the Loreal detox clay mask this morning, followed by a pore strip and I have NEVER seen that much gunk come out of my skin before! I used it for a second time a few hours after and same thing, SO MUCH GUNK! Im giving my skin a little break for a few days before I do this process all over again... calling this mask 'Detox' is perfect. I feel like I'm purging my skin of all the clogged oils and debris that all other masks haven't been able to get out! Would definitely recommend this mask. (plus, it washes off easily and dissolves so it won't clog my sink's pipes like other clay masks have done!)

on 9/19/2017 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My favourite drugstore clay mask I've ever tried! I bought this in desperation when my skin was going haywire from experimenting with oils (will I ever learn?) and it pretty much cleared up the breakouts overnight! I dot this over problem areas and leave for about 15 mins as my skin is too sensitive and combo for all-over application, and this seems to be working well for me. Another plus is that it washes off really easy, so you don't end up having to scrub your skin raw trying to get rid of it!