L'Oreal Paris Detox & Brighten Mask Pure Clay Mask

L'Oreal Paris Detox & Brighten Mask Pure Clay Mask
Detox & Brighten Mask Pure Clay Mask

4.1

Aqua / Water, Kaolin, Montmorillonite, Lecithin, Polysorbate 20, Butylene, Glycol Propylene, Glycol, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Oryza, Sativa Starch / Rice Starch, Moroccan Lava Clay, Charcoal Powder, Caprylyl, Glycol Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyglycerin-10, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Linalool, Limonene, Parfum / Fragrance

on 8/7/2018 12:10:00 AM

I just used it for the first time. I'm generally skeptical of ANY product that promises immediate results, but I'm eating those words - my skin actually looks brighter, more polished, and more even. I expected it to be super-drying, especially since my skin tends to tighten up and itch with clay masks, but Im pleasantly surprised that just a little moisturizer loosened things up and made my skin more comfortable.

Caveat: I DESPISE the smell. Strong men's cologne odor. I'm going to try the suggestion to wash it off in the shower rather than just at the sink.

on 7/29/2018 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mask is actually really good for a drugstore skincare product. My skin really looks and feels softer, brighter and healthier after using. Not dramatically so but it’s still fun to use and a good little pick-me-up.

This mask had me pleasantly surprised. I don't even know why I bought this in the first place because I almost never use drugstore products on my face. my skin was softer and brighter after one use. It helps soothe and diminish breakouts and really makes my skin feel clean and "detoxed" (as much as I hate that word). I have combo/oily skin and mildly breakout-prone. Disclaimer: Please don't use this or really any charcoal mask if you have dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Made my skin look super bright red and sore. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned this is over loaded with strong men's cologne type fragrance which ages the skin. Did nothing to help with clogged pores or blackheads.

on 7/3/2018 10:03:00 PM

I use it and the other masks of L’oreal 2 or 3 times a week and I see a huge difference on my skin. I cannot say which one worked the best though. But after using any I have the fresh and soft feeling ♥️♥️♥️

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I’m in to my fourth week of using this product, I have found the benefits definitely come with regular usage.
I paid just over £5.00 for the mask, absolutely fantastic value for money in my opinion! The packaging is lovely – a nice heavy, square, glass jar. I have been using once every three days on clean, exfoliated skin. As others have mentioned, I tend to pop this on before a shower if I can as it is a little messy when it comes to washing it off.
I apply with a flat foundation brush, this uses the least amount of product and provides an even application. It is quite scented, but a lovely fresh scent I can quite happily put up with.
For me, this has combatted my clogged pores and started to work on some stubborn blackheads on my nose. Keeps my skin oil free and sooo smooth.
Happy bunny here! No reaction from my ever so sensitive skin either 😊

on 4/29/2018 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Will update this after I use it more, but I didnt notice any immediate results after first use. My skin was soft, but I didnt see any fewer blackheads or brightening. My face looked the same. It did dry tight and made my skin feel a bit drier but nothing excessive.

As for the scent, I dont think this is exessively scented, all I seem to smell is the clay, so as a scent sensitive person, this was a plus. I will definitely keep using this and see how things go. It says to use 3 times a week, I doubt I will do that but maybe twice a week. Also used a flat foundation brush to apply, so a little went a long way. I also rinsed off using a damp baby wipe that I could keep soaking with warm water to get all the drier bits off my face. Helps if you dont want to ruin/stain a washcloth.

ETA - I found that using this before a shower (with a clean face) is the best way to approach this type of face mask (for me). When I first tried it, I did it at night before bed and I found that the smell lingered long after I had washed it off via the sink. Applying this and then showering helps really remove the mask and the scent and gives a better "clean" feeling. I haven't had any breakouts with using this - nor do I think the smell is "that" bad, but if it is - stick to using before a shower instead of just sink rinsing. I also have noticed that this doesn't overdry, but seems to help control my oils throughout the week (I think - could be foundation/primer combo, too) but I do enjoy this and may consider repurchasing. I haven't seen any "brightening" or anything, but i think it's something great to use for oily skinned folks.

it doesn't work on my skin

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know if there are masks that last longer than 3 hours,but this lasts 3 hours.I am very oily and I use it every week.After 10 minutes my skin is so clean.Every time I wash my face,I am oily after 1 hour.So 3 hours used to make me happy.But now I am searching for something better.I hope I will find it.Also it costs only 10 euros.So I recommend it.

on 1/27/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My favorite of the 3 new masks from L’Oréal. This one is not as perfumed as the mattifying one (green) but still has a nice fragrance. I swear this lessened my breakout when used after a face wash. I would certainly purchase again. You can see all the oil purges from the pore before washing it off. I use a washcloth dampened with warm water. Love this mask.