MAC Pro Colour Palette Blush

No Image

4.9

on 7/3/2011 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

What I said in my review of the pro eyeshadow palettes goes for the blush palettes as well: A great, elegant, sleek way to store your blushes. They take up way less space in your makeup drawers and you don't have to pick which colors to take away with you on vacation, 'cause they're all stuffed in there already. Lovely solution for a practical, as well as aesthetically pleasing, product layout. Will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this palette as much as the shadow versions. It's so easy to organize by look, or color family, or just take what you need to a trip/wedding/etc. Since they are the same dimensions as the 15x shadow ones, it's easy to stack and store. I label the outsides with what color family, and the underside of the lid with little yard-sale round labels so I know what each color is without lifting the product. The magnets really hold the products securely, but not so much that it's a struggle if you need to remove them. I have multiple of these already, and will definitely repurchase as my collection grows.

on 7/29/2009 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I love it, much easier to have all your blushes in one place

on 3/13/2008 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I was lucky enough to receive this in a swap (some of ya'll have a hard time letting them go and now I see why) and I adore it! I am by no means a makeup artist but every time I pull any of my palettes out when I am getting ready in the morning, I feel like one! I am such a dork...it's definitely made my life easier!

on 6/13/2009 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The blush palette is a great way to free up some space on your vanity. The palette holds six blushes nicely, even blushcremes. My only caveat is that it is the exact same exterior as the eyeshadow palette so it does get confusing to know which one is which.

I actually brought this for my non mac eyeshadows, I removed the insert and magnetised my eyeshadows and have fitted 20+ of different brands and sizes. I LOVE IT. if you do this take your time in removing the insert and the magnet plate will fall out as the insert actually holds it in, just put a couple drops of superglue on the back and you away you go. a great way to organise your non mac eyeshadows, and now everything looks sleek and stylish. I brought 3 empties already!

on 5/10/2005 11:37:00 AM

I was sooo happy when I managed to swap for one of these babies. I am turning into an empty palette fiend due to neat freak tendencies. I hate clutter, so this is a great solution to the problem of having a million little pots of blush everywhere. Stores six large blushes/eyeshadows/whatever in a sleek, flat black brushed metal palette. Magnetized, so you can get things in and out easily. The wells are slightly too large for my blushes (not MAC ones) but oh well, I love it anyway.

on 4/30/2006 10:42:00 AM

ITEM DESCRIPTION:

The large pro pan palette (also known as a 6 pan blush palette) from MAC is a slimline black case that stores MAC pro-pan blushes and depotted MAC blushes.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:

These very slim containers are made out of black plastic infused with silver speckles, and stamped with the MAC logo on the hinge lid. The bottom layer is magnetised, enabling blush pans that are attached to a magnet/magnetised to sit snugly in the case. The entire case is opaque.
Palette stores six blush pans, other brands may also fit once depotted.

COST:

Depends on regional price. Whilst it can be seen as expensive at first glance, blush palettes are rare items.

PROS:

- slimline design, reduced storage space.

- holds a suitable amount of product.

- is reasonably sturdy; can be dropped without shattering but there is no shock resistance for products inside.

CONS:

- is identical to small pan palette (or 'eyeshadow palette'), can be difficult to identify once you have a sizable collection stored in palettes.

- the opaque lid makes quick identification impossible. Could be vastly improved by the addition of a transparent lid.

SUMMARY:

Once you reach a sizable amount of MAC blushes, depotting them into palette storage is a must. A palette is a HG item for working make-up artists or travelling make-up afficionados. If you're sick of clutter or simply want to depot your blushes and gain some Back To Mac items, palettes are the way to go. With the addition of transparent lids, this palette would be perfect.

Was this review helpful to you? Please click the 'yes' button below and let MUA know. :) continued >>

I absolutely LOVE the blush palettes..they are sleek, light, store well and make everything so much easier. I love em, I really do.

on 3/5/2008 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I just love to depot my e/s and blushes and put them in these lovely palettes! It has tons of pros: saves space, saves time (no more finding the blush you want in the midlle of tons of pots), also if you depot you end up with at least 6 emptys fpr B2M.

The only con I see is the fact that depotting blushes is a little bit more risky that depotting e/s. You really need to be patient and carefull not to chipp the lovely pan.
You can always just buy pro blush pan, but off course you dont get the pot and also the pro pan dosen't come with the sticker that I love to remove and glue to the inside of the pan!