Chanel sublimage le teint foundation

3.9

on 4/2/2018 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After finishing 2 sample packets, I’m underwhelmed. #10 Beige is a perfect match colorwise. My skin is normal with probably a lot less wrinkling and a lot less collagen loss than one would expect at my age due to a combination of genetic luck and really dilligent skin care. But even blessed with small pores, as I age, I have to select foundation that doesn’t accentuate pore size. This product doesn’t do that, a good thing. Not sure why, but while a decent finish, it just looks sort of dull, maybe blah. At $135, I want glow; I want WOW! It actually reminds me a bit of GA Crema Nuda but with a better color range and a lot less WOW factor.

I was on the lookout for a light foundation that would not make my 36 year old skin look 36. This has the most beautiful finish that is glowy but not shiny. My combo skin will get shiny though if I use primer and moisturizer with it. The perfect skin effect will only last a couple hours that way. When I just put a little vitamin c Serum on before the foundation I have no issues with it lasting. The shades run light. I am like an NW 25 and I wear the second to darkest shade 40.

on 9/14/2017 2:37:00 PM

Greasy, oily, pore highlighting mess. Period. Idea brilliant. Smell amazing. But something is off in the formula.

on 9/14/2017 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am 47 years old with pretty good skin. I have dry skin that is currently even drier due to my use of Retin A for anti aging benefits. I often have dry patches and areas of flakiness. At times my skin can be quite red and has always been sensitive.i do not like or desire a full coverage matte foundation, which is so popular right now. I have tried countless high end foundations over the last year attempting to find something that matches my fair skin and does not highlight dry flaky areas. I have never used a Chanel foundation as I have no access to this brand in the area that I live. I ended up seeing several reviews for Chanel Sublimage Le Teint Foundation and despite the inability to color match, and it's high price tag, I ordered it from Nordstrom website.I am completely blown away by this foundation! The # 12 rose beige is an exact match for my cool toned fair skin. For reference I use N1 (the lightest shade) in Mac Face And Body. I am 1C1 cool bone in Estee Lauder foundations. I don't care for the brush that is supplied with the foundation and wish they would remove brush and decrease the price. This foundation applies seamlessly, gives a satin finish that can be built to an almost medium coverage if desired. It never settles into a single pore or line and lasts 6-8 hours WITHOUT setting powder. I'm too dry to use a setting powder but imagine you'd get longer wear if able to use one. Interestingly, this foundation actually becomes about 1/2-1 shade lighter as it wears, which is highly odd given that most foundations oxidize darker or in my case orange. It remains a perfect match, but if you are able to get a sample it may be worth trying two shades to see how it wears on your own skin. I will buy this foundation as long as it is made, no matter what the price. My skin looks radiant healthy and even while allowing my own skin to show through. If you're dry and have been struggling to find a great foundation this one is the absolute best out there!

EDIT** 3-20-18 I like this foundation. But I retract my claim that I’ll buy this foundation no matter what the cost. Since addressing my skin, and realizing I was being too aggressive with Retin A, my dryness and flakiness is improved. I’ve found other products that I use at a more affordable price point. I still love this foundation, I just won’t repurchase as readily as I thought. If they’d skip the brush, and offer a $30 lower price point, I’d keep a jar on hand at all times. It is a good product but you can find similar for much less.

on 7/27/2017 4:58:00 AM

This is my first foundation and usually, I don't put on foundation because I can't find a suitable that fits my skin. I had a very sensitive skin (prone to skin reactions immediately if wrong prdts applied or pop pimples afterwards). However, sublimage le teint foundation did not give any issue and it lasts more than 8hrs. It gives a dewy finish which looks flawless. I feel very moisturized and face look lifted after the whole application. I am a combination skin which sublimage did not gives any extra shine and yet looks dewy the whole time. Coverage relatively light and buildable even I apply concealer on my eye area after the foundation which I find it not smudgy and easy to blend through. It is lightly scented smells like a powdery flora scent.
Word of advice while scooping out the sublimage not too heavy handed because when you are using the given brush it does not require alot to apply the whole face. It is not hygiene to put back the balance foundation as well. There is a small manual given in in the box that teaches how to apply using the brush.
Packaging wise I find difficult to carry around because it is in a tub glass form. It comes with a brush and it helps alot while applying as it gives an airbrush feel. Prices are steep for a foundation which is SGD207 comes in 6 shades. I am using shade 20. It comes with a spoon like to scoop out the foundation which I feel it is not very hygiene. Hope Chanel will come out with an improved packaging. I will consider for second purchase.

PREFACE: Ugghhh....damn these expensive foundations that end up feeling and looking so good! I normally wouldn't even bat an eye at a Chanel foundation because I've had very little luck with their foundations in the past. This little jar of extremely expensive heaven, however, just worked. I like it...I hate that I like it, but I do. It is a gel/cream consistency that comes with its own little mediocre brush that is, again, in a jar (which I loathe). It also comes with the Chanel embossed little scoop, I'm guessing that cost me $25 out of the $135..LOL.

THE PRODUCT: Okay, done with my rant....the product itself is quite beautiful and unique. As I had mentioned, in the past I haven't had the best of luck with their foundations, but this one is different. It is very "your skin, but better" and it's probably one of the few out there that make that claim that actually works that way on my skin. I have some old acne scarring and some pigmentation, my skin is combo/dehydrated/acne prone if provoked and this formula sits beautifully. At first I used way too much, just way too much, because I was trying to achieve an actual "make-up" look with it, but then I figured out pretty quickly that this is a weekend/light make-up day product and it is just perfect for that. I am unsure of the "skin care" type ingredients or if they work because I use it mainly on the weekends or an occasional Friday at work if I don't have a ton of patients or meetings. I prefer to use a brush to apply it. Again, it comes with a little brush, which does work, but it's fairly small. I do use it, but I prefer using one of my other foundation brushes for quicker application because of the size. I use a primer and set it very lightly with powder and it just looks pretty. I can't think of any other way to explain it...it is really that simple. It also has some serious staying power for a lighter coverage product. If I set it with powder and wear a little concealer, I can get a good six hours plus out of it, however, I don't always "set it". It does not oxidize on my skin. The craziest thing with this foundation is that I will leave my bathroom thinking I'm having a decent face day and then glance in the mirror later and it looks better than it did when I applied it. Sounds crazy, I know, but it just does. Hence the "your skin, but better" claim, I guess it gets better with time throughout the day....I don't know why or how, I just like that it does it! It has a satin/dewy-ish finish....I guess that's how I can explain it. It looks glowy without looking too glowy!! Again, it's in a class of its own and is simply beautiful.

CONS: The shade selection is very minimal, and that is one of the biggest negatives for me (aside from the astronomical price tag . It does run a little "pinky", as do all Chanel foundations in my opinion. I have the shade #30 and I balance it out by using Laura Mercier Setting Powder (it has a slight yellow tint to it) or I will use the RCMA, which seems to help take away some of the "extra pink". It smells as all Chanel products do, which does not bother me at all. For whatever reason (and I'm pretty sure it's subliminal) I actually quite enjoy the smell of Chanel products. Some complain that it's too intense of a smell, but that isn't the case for me.

Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the cost as a con. It IS EXPENSIVE, just as all Chanel products are. We are paying for the name and extremely well-made/beautiful packaging that just reeks I'm expensive all day long.

If I were to do it over again, I would probably get some to test from a high end store counter, however, because I am weak...so weak... I broke my ultimate rule of "do not buy foundation online without a color-match" AGAIN (I've actually done it several times lately...damn marketing and reviews). While I am quite enjoying it, I'm on the fence if I would repurchase it. I am enjoying the ITCosmetics CC cream right now, too, which is similar, BUT OH SO DIFFERENT! I definitely don't have any other product like it, which makes me think that I would probably take the plunge again....I am weak....I know.

SUMMARY: If you're looking for a very unique "your skin, but better" product that actually delivers and you love high-end products, by all means take the plunge. If you're looking for a full-coverage/make my skin a blank canvas type product...I would pass because this isn't your one.

This was USD$140 (my most expensive MU item except for my Les exclusifs Beige Parfum.) egads $140!! I got this for my 4-0th bday for myself. I am NC20 in MAC I'm a perf match for Beige 20 and I love how this gives me an air brushed look it's so rich & concentrated. I have oily mature skin. It I don't seem to have any problems for me I blot no matter what. This is A++++ so awesome just somehow reminds me a lot of spackle lol

on 2/24/2017 4:25:00 PM

I'm 50 years old and have very good skin, so I will predicate this review with that. The shade 22/beige rose is the perfect color match for my skin tone, which is probably one contributing factor to my love for this formula .

Although I have good skin, I have the fine lines to prove my age. (You young ones... use sunscreen every day! You'll thank yourself when you hit 45!) This foundation is gorgeous and doesn't settle in lines or pores. It feels absolutely amazing and has a very flattering, youthful, luminous finish without being shiny or greasy. This is a good daytime foundation for me, with coverage a step above another favorite, Estee Lauder EE cream, and an even more moisturizing/luxurious feel.

The little brush it comes with is nice, but unnecessary for someone like me with a huge collection of them. My one gripe would be to leave the brush out and get the price to a more reasonable level. That said, unless something else comes along, I can definitely see myself repurchasing.

on 2/5/2017 2:05:00 AM

A high quality foundation product that happened to suit my skin type, matches my skin tone (Beige 20) while providing sufficient coverage and radiance (sheer to medium without looking masked-up nor being overly luminous), provides satisfactory hydration (from a foundation) and has pretty long lasting wear time (if face is dabbed and not wiped) even though it happened to be one of priciest foundation available in the market presently.

These are the feedback I have for Chanel Sublimage Le Teint Foundation after using it for 4 weeks paired with their Sublimage LA Protection UV, SPF50.

Despite the hefty price tag, a little does go a long way and believed this 30 ml heavy glass jar (which also come with a decent quality brush) will lasts quite a long while indeed.

Best suited for matured, normal to dry skin types.

on 11/30/2016 3:05:00 AM

The weather is getting drier and my middle aged face is rebelling by hating my normal makeup, by 3 o'clock i'd be looking all dry, patchy and ashy, I swear everything was looking nice and fresh and dare I say youthful even in the am when everything were freshly applied?

Anyhow bought this on a wimp because the foundation felt and applied very smoothly on it's own on the back of my hand without any moisturiser or base, + the sales rep mentioned that this is a good moisturising foundation for drier mature skin, with skincare benefits.

Tried it, love the application, but not with the brush it came with (don't blend well on me although the brush is very nice), I like to roughly spread across my face with the brush and then evenly tap in with a cushion foundation applicator sponge. I love to use the cushion foundation applicator sponge to tap in my under eye concealer as well, works very well, no finger print marks just nice even application every time.

The coverage is not awsome, it's not even medium coverage, but the finish is nice, skin looks even, lessen texture on the skin did not emphasise pores on/near the nose which is A++.

Wear time is about 1 touch up by mid-day to rid the shinny nose, I see this foundation will work magic in cold/dry weather when skin is parched, and suiting dryer skin type.

I don't see this as a special event flawless looking skin foundation, unless you can supply the flawlessness to begin with but it is very natural, healthy looking foundation for everyday. Which in a weird way makes it worth the cost for me, as it's so expensive, you would want to enjoy this treat everyday rather than on special occasion only.

edit :

Been using it everyday, still love the finish, and stand by what I said before, one thing I want to add is how un-user friendly the package is, seriously wish it's in a pump bottle, more hygienic and easy to dispense. Getting annoyed having to fuss with the double lids and spatular in the morning when you have places to be and schedule to keep up with.