4.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

Lemme start by saying, I'm NW20. I love highlighters, especially powder highlighters. But I also want to wear gold highlighters. ICONIC London Illuminator in "Original" is too dark for me (dark shadow visible when no light hits the highlighter on my face). But this one is a beautiful, shimmery gold which does not show up when there is no light. Only when light hits, it reflects a gold shimmer. Looks not too glittery but not too subtle. You can either wear it the safe way, by applying a tiny bit. But if you want that blinding result, layer it carefully til you are satisfied. It stays at least 10 hours on my cheekbones, brow bones and inner eye corner. Truly an universal shade though I think very pale people might try it before buying. I also think it's too expensive. It might last many months or even years but over 30€ is too much. 20-25€ might be ok but not over 30€. One strange fact: This golden highlighter is called "Beaming Blush", yet the other shade in "Show Gold" is a pinkish highlighter. In my opinion, "Beaming Blush" was supposed to be called "Show Gold" since it's a golden highlighter. I always struggle when people refer to "Beaming Blush" because then I think of the other pinkish highlighter ("Show Gold") and not this one.

About reviewer (188 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

2 years ago

Had this just over a year now and there’s plenty of product left. It looks like a pinky / gold in the pan however when applied to the face it’s a golden highlight which looks good on my skin tone and I’d imagine on deeper skin tones too. Packaging is okay but my highlighter has actually fallen out of the packaging?? Don’t know if it just is mine.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

I love this its a really beautiful highlighter! I feel like this looks good for all skin tones. One swipe is not too intense but you can build it up if you want a really strong highlight.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

from

2 years ago

Found this on the recommendation of a Youtuber (Renee's Way). I don't do much highlighting and was afraid this would be too much. It's great applied with a loose brush and shows as slightly pink and slightly gold on me (nw20). Sure I will never use it up but am happy to have it

About reviewer (119 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

Why isn't this highlighter more popular !!!? Love this ! I hope mac never discontinues this !!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

When you first look at this highlighter, you first thing pink. But when you swatch this... It is god with a duochrome effect of pink (but more gold). It is so flattering on my skin tone and it is one of those highlighters that would look amazing on everyone. It is the definition of beaming.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium Brown

HairBrown

3 years ago

Love, love, love this highlighter! I purchased all of the new MAC Skinfinish Highlighters a couple of weeks ago, and this one, along with Soft Frost, are the two winners out of the four. Beaming blush is a soft pink highlight that breaks gold, so it adds a healthy radiant glow when applied. This and Soft Frost, are creamy and smooth in texture, apply and blend like a dream, and both leave a glowing result wherever applied. Application results in a soft metallic sheen, nothing robotic or weird looking, and no chunky glitter to mess with. Definitely a keeper in my make-up stash.

About reviewer (317 reviews)

Age44-55