MAC Cosmetics Extra Dimension Skin Finish - Soft Frost

MAC Cosmetics Extra Dimension Skin Finish - Soft  Frost

4.6

on 8/25/2018 6:29:00 PM

I was pleasently surprised by this one! Even though it is on the cool side, it looked good on me, and I have a bit of a warm complexion. It is White, but depending on the light it shows a soft lavender shine. I love the mac's extra dimension formula, it is a powder, but it looks very creamy on the skin. I recomend this highlighter for neutral and cool complexions, though it may work on tanned people.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a call from MAC that this was back in stock so went up to check it out as I love the ED Skin Finish products and blushes. I guess I was expecting this to be more like my beloved Becca Pearl pressed highlight. It's not. Surprising for something that looks so white in the pan, it really has a very strong pinky lavender "shift" once applied to the skin. It just looked too icy and garishly harsh. To my amazement, saying "No" to this highlighter was easy for me.

I looooooove this! $33 is a little ouch for me but you get what you pay for somexs. Caveat emptor!! This is a shimmery white iridescent highlighter powder that shifts glowy lavender/opalescent in the different Lights. It's everything I could've asked for & then some. It is so unique! makeup revolution WAS my go-to for cheap highlighters & I'm done w cheap highlighter powders. I have this, several MAC highlighters like Soft & Gentle and Lightscapade; & my HG: Camelia de Chanel powder I'm so done w cheap highlighters that streak my face w garish glitter. I don't particularly like Becca highlighter neither I just prefer MAC & for my every day I use Camelia de Chanel. MAC does it right!l $5 cheaper than Becca & you truly willl see your hi lite across the galaxy! A gorg sheen not glitter. The opalescent iridescent lavender sets this apart as unique. #glowbabyglow I didn't like any of the other chanel hi liters except Camelia. I returned 2 other kinds fwiw. If you like hi liters get Skin Frost I am LLL it will complement all skin tones & is awesome. #GLOW

on 11/17/2016 2:23:00 AM

I have tried all the major highlighter brand including becca, anastasia, benefit etc and none of them gave me that extra pop I was looking for. I tried this on at Mac today and immediately bought it. My skin tone is quite yellow and this made me glow. I'm very impressed and will be recommending it to everyone

on 11/5/2016 5:07:00 AM

This has fast become HG for me and was definitely love at first sight. This is one of the new highlighters from MAC, that just released this week. As a MAC select member, I was able to order a couple of weeks ago and purchased all 4 of the new highlighters, but this one and Beaming Blush are my favorites (more on BB in its own review).

Soft Frost is a pearlescent white highlighter that breaks a soft lavender/lilac color and is guaranteed to show on pale/fair skinned users. The quality is right on with their Mineralize powders, blushes, highlighters, etc. and is very smooth to apply and blend, which wasn't the case with all of them (more on that with their individual reviews by color). SF is a delight to use and gives me a nice glow wherever I apply. This will definitely maintain a spot in my collection and will be immediately replaced when finished with my original purchase.

Love it, so totally worth the money!