3.7

price range

Reviews

from

a year ago

Very nice mascara. I had it 2-3 years ago when i broke up with my then boyfriend. I vividly remember me and my friends saying how it stayed intact through all the crying hahaha

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

1.0

2 years ago

The worst mascara I ever used in terms of performance. The formula is very dry or perhaps Sephora doesn't sell them fast enough online and I've got the old one. Checked the batch code. The shelf life is 36 months and mine is 24 months old, so it should have been fine, but it looks very old. My lashes are short and thin. This mascara did nothing to them. No extra length AT ALL, just a tiny little bit of volume, yet no clumps. I wonder how others like it...

About reviewer (650 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I got this in a set from tj Maxx holiday set w an eyeliner, mini eye makeup remover & this mascara. I love mascara in general you could say I’m a connoisseur I’ve tried every low end DS beans & a lot of high end brands (MAC, EL, MUFE, tarte, Clinique, blinc, Benefit, chanel, et al) not many luxury brands just chanel but this is amazing. I use ulta’s waterproofing top coat over it. It seals it all day. It gives extreme drama. I just adore this mascara & I like the small brush. #winning

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

2 years ago

It’s okay for daily use. I can forego the eyelash curler and clear mascara and just go to Excessive Lash. It’s pretty solid. I always keep it in my purse.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

This is such a great mascara; it lengthens my naturally thick, black lashes without looking fake or clumpy. I hate clumpy lashes on women; it looks so gross, and this one does not clump. It lengthened them beautifully and I felt very pretty.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

3 years ago

During a recent makeover at Sephora, I told the makeup artist that I like *dramatic* lashes for day-wear, like big, mod, '60s style lashes. And he came back with this! The brush is slender and straight, but with loads of tiny bristles, so it really grabs what you've got and stretches it out. So, both volume and length were pretty darn impressive. And I liked that my lashes looked and felt soft, not stiff, spider-y, nor flaky. BUT, with all that said, I feel like it didn't quite achieve the *dRAMa* i prefer for my lashes. My personal HG hunt continues! (p.s. see photos in the gallery, and please excuse the piece of hair blowing across my face, haha!)

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

3 years ago

This mascara, Excessive Lash, is one of my recent favorites. I like this because it gives a lot of lash volume without needing to layer several coats on and it's dramatic after one coat. Normally I layer this over a waterproof mascara or a primer. I haven't had any issues with lack of separation or clumping, and as one reviewer mentioned I only dip the wand once and do both eyes. I like the wand because it isn't overly huge like a lot of mascara brushes, and the wand tapers at the beginning and end so you can get all the outer corner lashes. I like this and I'd buy it again.

About reviewer (319 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

Got this as a sample today with my Sephora points. My first impression is that it is a pretty ok mascara. Not awful and not my favorite.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

2.0

3 years ago

Wow, this has to be one of the gunkiest mascaras ive ever tried. Don't get me wrong - it didn't clump. The mascara was just THICK, like sludge. It wasn't particularly wet or dry, just... a thick, black muck. When I pulled the wand out of the tube, there was too much mascara on it (a common complaint I have), so I scraped it on the side on the tube. I did this all around the wand, but I still felt like I applied way too much mascara to my lashes. After a week of experimenting, I gave up on it. On the positive side, my lashes were a pretty jet black, soft to the touch, the wand is a bristle brush (as opposed to the rubber bristle brushes that I hate), and the mascara removed easily with water. Note: I had a sample, so a full-size tube may perform differently.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

This is outstanding. I usually like mascaras such as Guerlain Maxi Lash, Benefit They're Real, YSL Faux Cils, and my recent go-to was Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir: think volume/drama. My major complaint with the majority of volumizing mascaras is their tendency towards the clumpy or spiky look. This mascara gives the same va-va-voom effect without the clumps. It multiples my lashes (rather than clumping them together) so that the dramatic "volume" look comes from many more very black lashes rather than half as many clumped together ones. It actually accentuated little lashes in between my "obvious" lashes that I didn't even know I had! The trick I found to work best with this is to only pull out the wand ONE time total and do both eyes back and forth with that amount. It is neither too little nor too much to get clump free results. I do one swipe in the center of one eye, then roll the brush a touch before doing one swipe on the other eye. I then do two swipes on the outer edges of the first eye, roll the brush slightly and then two the same way on the other eye. Then back and forth near the inner corner. By now my brush is nearly dry and is perfect to continue going back and forth to carefully disperse any extra and fan my lashes out. I actually use this technique with most mascaras (very wet mascaras need to be wiped a bit first-but not this one. It's neither too wet nor too dry) I haven't tried two coats with this because I don't feel the need. So I can't speak to how that goes. I should say that when I double dipped the brush (pulled out the wand the first time for one eye, re-dipped and did the second eye) I got clumps. They weren't terrible and I would say this was still less clumpy than most volume mascaras when done this way. If you really prefer to do one eye at a time, I would say wipe the wand a bit first (unless you like a tiny bit of lashes stuck together here and there and some "dots" on the ends of your lashes) I LOVE the small brush. I don't end up with extra black marks all over my eyelids. A big brush does not equal volume. I never understood that whole idea. Try this you won't be sorry. Another tip: Start at the very base of your lashes, wiggle and then draw the wand up very slowly. DON'T do multiple short strokes. This causes clumps. Go slowly with fewer strokes and roll the wand a bit as you move from eye to eye so that you're using up all the product on your wand. This is a great product to work with and creates beautiful full dark lashes. I really hope everyone goes out and gets it so MUFE will never stop making it!

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral