Belif The true cream - Moisturizing Bomb

Belif The true cream - Moisturizing Bomb

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Dipropylene Glycol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Triethylhexanoin, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, PEG-40 Stearate, Saccharomyces/Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces/Imperata Cylindrica Root Ferment Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteayl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearic Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Poncirus Trifoliata Fruit Extract, Panthenol,*Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Nepeta Cataria Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract, Baptisia Tinctoria Root Extract, Stellaria Media (Chickweed) Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris Leaf Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Achillea Millefolium Flower Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Thuja Occidentalis Leaf Extract, Menyanthes Trifoliata Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chelidonium Majus Extract, Urea, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Glycosyl Trehalose, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Tromethamine, Frgrance, Citronnellol, Limonene.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This moisturizer smells incredible--very fresh and herbal. I also love the thick gel-cream texture. Unfortunately, and contrary to its name, this just isn't all that moisturizing. For the price ($38 for 1.68 fl oz), I won't repurchase. The jar packaging is also suboptimal.

on 11/9/2018 12:05:00 PM

I am always on the lookout for the perfect moisturizer for my combo skin. It's oily and breakout prone, but also dry in part because of the actives I use. I've cycled through many products but none really hit the spot, either not being moisturizing enough, or making be break out instantly. I'm so glad to have found this product - which delivers instant moisture that makes my skin look plump and soft, and it doesn't break me out. At all. It's like a unicorn product. Especially because the price is, IMO, not unreasonable ($38 for 1.68 oz), especially compared to higher-end products that work less well.

on 5/16/2018 9:56:00 AM

Got the moisturizing bomb in a mini-set with a few other belif products. I really do like the whole line. This moisturizer is lightweight and feels good on the skin. Although the set I got was affordable, I think the full size is a bit expensive when there are less-expensive, good quality moisturizers out there. To be completely honest, however, where this falls down for me the most is the scent.I just can't tolerate it. It has a very strong citrus-y type scent that is so unnecessary, it makes me not want to purchase this product again. If you are sensitive to scents stay away from this one. If you don't mind scents and can afford it, however, you might like this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have EXTREMELY dry skin. I have since I was really young too! When I'm telling you I've tried them all, take my word for it!!! I have spent SO much money on moisturizers over the years, but Belif's moisturizing bomb is really the best of the lot!! It's SO hydrating, that I can only use it in the cold weather months. (Don't confuse this with their aqua bomb, which is a gel cream-- I can only use that in the summer-- otherwise it's WAY too drying!!) I am also the most sensitive person in the WORLD to smells and perfumed products. (For instance, people rave about Tarte's "shape tape," but the strong perfume scent put me off so much I can't use it!) So I'm SHOCKED people take issue with THIS moisturizer's smell, when no fragrance or perfume is added!! If anything it has a slight HERBAL scent-- not flowers, not citrus-- herbal. And it goes away quickly after putting it on-- doesn't linger at all! But more importantly, nothing works better than this moisturizer when it comes to deeply PENETRATING the skin. So many moisturizers I've tried, even rich cream ones, don't do this. Instead they just sit on top. So this moisturizer is very unique in this way and worth every penny! I will NEVER be without this in the fall or winter again. And the price is pretty reasonable considering you need so little of it to work! The smaller .84 ounce size lasts me about 1-2 months, and the larger 1.68 oz size last several months!! I love the kits Sephora offers too-- get them!! You really get so much value for the money... I love to layer this cream with Belif's water essence serum to REALLY lock in the moisture too! I'm telling you, if you have super dry skin, this combination WORKS!!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This cream is moisturizing, but the smell! The perfumey smell is a red flag and I got redness and cystic pimples everywhere from this. I can’t believe all the good reviews don’t mention the strong perfume, which is a skin irritant, especially on the face.

on 1/24/2018 4:51:00 PM

I am always looking for that "magical" moisturizing cream. Of everything I've tried in the last 20 years, this is the closest to it. I've purchased this cream twice. My teenage daughter took my first jar. The only other cream that comes close is the Revive Moisturizing Renewal cream. This cream keeps my skin looking dewy and hydrated. As for fragrance, it smells more medicinal, kind of like Camphor. I actually like the smell, as it is not perfumy. I suggest trying a sample at Sephora before purchasing. That's what I did. I was so pleasantly surprised to try a cream that actually does what it says.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have extremely dry skin and was interested in trying this product. The texture is thick and it does stay tacky on the skin for some time. That doesn't bother me, I actually like it, but it's something to note. I feel like it did a good job of moisturizing my skin.

The packaging is jar packaging, which I personally find annoying to use. I would much prefer a tube.

The biggest issue I have with this product is the smell. I am not particularly sensitive to smells, but I could smell this for hours after application on my skin. It's sort of a floral. I've read several reviews that describe it as a citrus scent and I don't get that at all. To me, it's a very floral perfumey scent and I find it very off putting.

Overall, for me it's a good moisturizer. But it's not a miracle worker. It doesn't do things that other products with similar price points can't also do, without the jar packaging and annoying scent. I won't be repurchasing.

on 1/12/2018 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although this product gets good reviews, it made my skin *look* dehydrated while causing a few small, cystic pimples. (It did not actually dehydrate my skin.) I don't know whether my reaction was caused by its ingredients or its specific type of thicker, gel-cream texture. Even so, I liked the Moisturizing Bomb better than the lighter Aqua Bomb, which caused larger breakouts, made my face feel smothered, and did not moisturize. The Moisturizing Bomb added a little moisture, but as one with skin that isn't typically dry, I'm surprised to read this helped dry skin types.

on 1/2/2018 12:06:00 PM

This cream moisturized my dry skin well and I decided to look up the ingredients and found that the reason this works so well is due to its HIGH SILICONE CONTENT. Silicone in a cream creates a barrier cream. The one thing I don't like about this is it has fragrance. This is not necessary and can ruin the integrity of a product and be a deterrent to those who want to buy the cream but have sensitivities to fragrance.

The cream smells like lemon balm (no lemon balm in the product as this essential oil is very expensive) due to the citronella and limonel ingredients (and likely the fragrance they add).

Most creams that have silicones as the main ingredient work well. This product is overpriced for containing such a high content of a cheap ingredient.

I'm obsessed with this moisturizer. I've been falling deep into the K Beauty hole and this is one of the top products I discovered. I have combo/cystic acne prone skin. I tried this and the aqua bomb and bought the full size of this because it was richer than the aqua bomb. I found the aqua bomb didn't sink in as well - more gel like and created more of a layer on top than actually sinking in. My skin had been getting crazy dry with the cold weather to the point where it was feeling like I had to use a scrub every day (usually I'll scrub once a week and maybe use a chemical peel...). My skin was gross and flakey and my make up looked terrible. It's been about a month since I purchased this and it's incredible. My skin is never dry now and I've exfoliated maybe twice in that time and not even because my skin felt like it needed it - just because I realized I hadn't done it in weeks! It's really powerful without being oily or greasy, sinks in beautifully, and is beautiful under make up, and I haven't broken out at all. I used it both in the AM and pm. Layers wonderfully with any other skincare and makeup. I've also found it really helps control over night sebum. A few nights I washed my makeup off after work and put this moisturizer on and feel asleep a few hours later not washing my face again - which usually makes me break out like crazy and I wake up with flakey dry skin - but with this my skin was still moisturized and beautiful. Looked like I had done my entire skin care routine right before bed. I get not liking it's in a jar but it's easy to get a plastic spoon/spatula or something if you prefer not to use your fingers. My skin is SO MOISTURIZED now without being oily. I live in Southern California and even on our hotter days this stuff is fantastic. I was worried it would suddenly seem too heavy but isn't at all. TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT! ITS AMAZINGGGG.