Belif The true cream - Moisturizing Bomb

Belif The true cream - Moisturizing Bomb

4.3

on 1/12/2018 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although this product gets good reviews, it made my skin *look* dehydrated while causing a few small, cystic pimples. (It did not actually dehydrate my skin.) I don't know whether my reaction was caused by its ingredients or its specific type of thicker, gel-cream texture. Even so, I liked the Moisturizing Bomb better than the lighter Aqua Bomb, which caused larger breakouts, made my face feel smothered, and did not moisturize. The Moisturizing Bomb added a little moisture, but as one with skin that isn't typically dry, I'm surprised to read this helped dry skin types.

on 1/2/2018 12:06:00 PM

This cream moisturized my dry skin well and I decided to look up the ingredients and found that the reason this works so well is due to its HIGH SILICONE CONTENT. Silicone in a cream creates a barrier cream. The one thing I don't like about this is it has fragrance. This is not necessary and can ruin the integrity of a product and be a deterrent to those who want to buy the cream but have sensitivities to fragrance.

The cream smells like lemon balm (no lemon balm in the product as this essential oil is very expensive) due to the citronella and limonel ingredients (and likely the fragrance they add).

Most creams that have silicones as the main ingredient work well. This product is overpriced for containing such a high content of a cheap ingredient.

I'm obsessed with this moisturizer. I've been falling deep into the K Beauty hole and this is one of the top products I discovered. I have combo/cystic acne prone skin. I tried this and the aqua bomb and bought the full size of this because it was richer than the aqua bomb. I found the aqua bomb didn't sink in as well - more gel like and created more of a layer on top than actually sinking in. My skin had been getting crazy dry with the cold weather to the point where it was feeling like I had to use a scrub every day (usually I'll scrub once a week and maybe use a chemical peel...). My skin was gross and flakey and my make up looked terrible. It's been about a month since I purchased this and it's incredible. My skin is never dry now and I've exfoliated maybe twice in that time and not even because my skin felt like it needed it - just because I realized I hadn't done it in weeks! It's really powerful without being oily or greasy, sinks in beautifully, and is beautiful under make up, and I haven't broken out at all. I used it both in the AM and pm. Layers wonderfully with any other skincare and makeup. I've also found it really helps control over night sebum. A few nights I washed my makeup off after work and put this moisturizer on and feel asleep a few hours later not washing my face again - which usually makes me break out like crazy and I wake up with flakey dry skin - but with this my skin was still moisturized and beautiful. Looked like I had done my entire skin care routine right before bed. I get not liking it's in a jar but it's easy to get a plastic spoon/spatula or something if you prefer not to use your fingers. My skin is SO MOISTURIZED now without being oily. I live in Southern California and even on our hotter days this stuff is fantastic. I was worried it would suddenly seem too heavy but isn't at all. TRY IT TRY IT TRY IT! ITS AMAZINGGGG.

I've bought this about 10 times. I use retin a for acne and it makes my skin really flakey) so I really need a good basic moisturizer that doesn't break me out. Since the last one I found that didn't was discontinued, I was seriously on a panicked hunt for a replacement. I've tried so many and every single one (even pricey ones with many positive reviews) broke me out within days.

Thankfully, I saw this recommended and bought it. I hope and pray that they never discontinue this. I use it at night after retin a, and in the morning before makeup. Makeup applies well over it, no pilly balls or anything, and it doesn't effect the staying power or anything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

HG alert!!! I LOOOOOVE this stuff! so I have combo oily skin and I use a lot of BHA and retinol. I like to have a deeply moisturizing night cream. For years I used Estee Lauder Hydrationist, but recently its just not doing enough. I've been using Paula's Choice Resist Anti-Aging Clear skin hydrator which worked well in the summer. But in this Minnesota winter, which has only barely started, it's not enough. I had a sample of the aqua bomb and I liked it fine but it was too light. I took a chance on this during the Sephora sale and got the kit with the eye cream. And now I'm in love.
This is a white cream that's actually quite light. I generally don't like gels or heavy greasy creams. This is like a fluffy lotion. It absorbs beautifully. You don't need much. It does not break me out. You have no idea how often that ruins good products for me. And, most importantly, when I wake up in the morning, my skin is soft, plump (I hate that word, but there's no other way to say it), and hydrated. It's not greasy, just hydrated. My skin looks so amazing in the morning that I don't want to put makeup on it!
The jar is a lightweight plastic but I'm cool with cheap packaging if it makes the product cheaper. And this is very reasonably priced at $38. PC is $33 and EL is $48 for reference. It's a simple moisturizer and that's all it claims to be so I'm not bothered by the jar packaging at all. If you want an all in one product with anti aging ingredients, this is not it. If you want a super awesome night moisturizer, go get it.

on 11/1/2017 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I used this at night before I went to sleep and woke up with deep smile lines. Good thing this was a sample.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using the moisturizing bomb every night. I love that it is heavy and doesn't irritate my skin. I use it over my retin-a, and have never had a problem with flakiness. I do switch to the aqua bomb version in the summer, because it is more of a lighter weight gel, but at least 8 months out of the year I use this heavier version. This is a higher price point than ds moisturizers, but I feel that its not outrageous for what you get. I wish it came in a pump bottle, but its not going to make me not buy the product.

on 8/7/2017 6:56:00 PM

As others have said, this is a straight up moisturizer, no anti aging ingredients etc. I like it for exactly that reason. I use other serums and potions for those reasons and this is my daily moisturizer. I apply it nightly after everything else. Or on its own in the morning. I find it moisturizes well, doesn't cause me any issues (but I don't have sensitive skin) and does exactly what I want it to do. Keep my skin soft and supple and hydrated. In the winter when my skin tends to be a bit drier I will sometimes add a drop of Fresh seaberry oil (any oil would do the same I imagine) and that's seems to add that little extra moisturizing effect when needed. You don't need much of this either; a few dabs and your face is covered nicely. Over the past year I have repurchased this a number of times and have no complaints. The jar doesn't bother me at all, I use little cheap spatulas (I have a huge bag) and it works just fine. The first time I used it I was surprised though; I thought the product was the whole jar but as I used it up I realized the sides are hollow! :) I prefer this over the Aqua, I had a few samples of that and didn't like it very much. This works better for my skin type (older, mature skin) I have been trying quite a few Laneige products as well the past few months and I like those as well, but I still really like the Belif Moisturizing Bomb and will continue to purchase it.

on 7/29/2017 2:50:00 AM

This product is for people who have normal skin with no dehydration issues. If you have dry skin, this will not quench your skin's thirst. I bought it for this reason, as I was experiencing some super dry and flaking skin due to acne treatments. It is a thick occlusive cream but does not feel oily or greasy on the skin. It doesn't soak in immediately, however.
I really do like the ingredients list asides from the herbal extracts at the end of the list, as they might be irritating. Also, I think this product could do without the fragrance, natural or otherwise.
If you are going to choose between the aqua bomb and this one, choose this one! I've tried both. The aqua bomb is good for short term moisture, but it will eventually dry your skin out!!!! Denatured alcohol is one of the top ingredients for that one. Beware!
Overall, this cream is fine. I would say there are comparable ones in the drugstore. Get a sample of it in your local Sephora and try it out for yourself, you might fall in love. Everyone's skin is different.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It absorbs well and leaves my skin looking supple. This doubles as a hydrating eye cream. I find this a notch more moisturizing than the Estee Lauder Hydrationist maximum moisture creme for dry skin.