Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This was my absolute favorite product from the ordinary for a white, it’s instantly incredibly brightening & I noticed a lot of improvement in my skin, HOWEVER, I have really struggled to layer this product with other elements of my skincare without piling or a ‘greasy’ looking finish. I am now trying to use the 12% vitamin C water-based product from the ordinary as I find this layers much better. Having said that I find this was by far the most visibly brightening between the two so hopefully if I go back to this product and use a very small amount I will be able to make it work for me. Strong pros but strong cons.

on 6/19/2018 8:13:00 PM

I read a lot of reviews before trying this serum so I knew what I was getting. Frankly I was shopping for the price, because if I’m going to use a product very consistently I’d prefer it be inexpensive. This serum is a bit different than most Vit C serums I have tried. It feels more like a lotion, but goes on gritty and somehow also greasy at the same time. It definitely stung my skin and even after a week of daily application still tingles when I apply it. I don’t really mind that because it makes me feel like it’s working, but that’s just me. To help with the grittiness I apply the serum after splashing a bit of water on my face. It seems to break down the grit and helps with the stinging as well. It feels much more absorbed on the skin than application onto dry skin. All in all, great bang for your buck, if you’re not weirded out by strange textures. I’d prefer to be able to apply it twice per day, but I can only use during my PM routine because of the way it feels/looks on my face.

on 6/17/2018 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this in combination with the buffet for about 2 months. I don't know which product is doing the "work" but some new (yay middle age) broken capillaries have faded significantly with daily use. In March/early April, a bright red mark stood out even after makeup and concealer (I'm sure no one else could really see it, but I could). Now, it's barely visible with tinted moisturizer. For $6 you can't go wrong. It does sting a bit, and it takes some time for the vitamin c granules to absorb, but it's really been helpful in minimizing sun/age spots and these dang capillaries.

on 6/14/2018 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for 2 months. Have honestly yet to see any fading of my PIH and discoloration. However I did notice an overall glow up to my complexion, but it is not drastic enough for me to want to continue purchasing this product.

First reaction : It stung a lot. And the packaging is not ideal, it is quite a runny liquid so I would have preferred a pump. Then the stinging sensation faded after 1 minute and the rest of the times I used it, there were no more stinging reactions. It is quite a heavy layer on the skin, I had to wait close to 30 minutes for it to be absorbed by my skin. Definitely a night time product. It has also an almost oily consistency, with small spherical granules.

All in all, if you want your complexion to brighten a little, give it a whirl. I would recommend sticking to other formulations though.

on 6/4/2018 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This was my first product of this brand. I just love it because it is so effective. It also contains squalane which does wonders to my skin. I wear this at night because of its oily grainy texture which needs quite some time to absorb.
Whenever I have a huge breakout this is a godsend. Next morning I either have no blemishes at all or everything is soo much better and calmer. It brightens the skin like no other product I've ever used.
I will most surely repurchace

on 5/13/2018 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

There is no denying that the texture of this serum is horrendous. It is thick, greasy and leaves an oil slick on your face. It also does not play nice with other serums and creams. As inelegant as it is, it works like a charm. My skin was noticeably brighter after a week of consistent use. It helps fade both newer blemishes and older discolouration. I only use it at night because of its awful texture. Others experienced severe stinging but I had no issues. I will definitely repurchase.

I used to use a different Vitamin C serum but I think they changed their formula and I didn't like it anymore so I bought this. I use the niacinimide in the morning and this at night. My main problem is hyper pigmentation and this seems to be helping, along with niacinimide. The grittiness doesn't bother me-- it seems to dissolve pretty easily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product absolutely blew my mind. It's cheap first of all. The packaging is nice and silky. And oh my God the things it does to your skin. People were complaining about the gritty texture so I expected it to be big grits like a face wash. It isn't like that.. the grits are more like a fine sand. But like honestly, what do I care? As long as it works I couldn't care less about the texture. And boy does this stuff work! It burns a bit but my sensitive, redness prone skin LOVES it. I woke up in shock over how much it had reduced my redness, and even seemingly had already got to work on my acne scars and sun spots. I literally want to talk to everyone about this brand after my experience with this product and I'm going to back try some of their other stuff asap

I ran out of my usual vit c serum and decided to try this (it was easily available). It’s not something i will repurchase but I will use it up.
The major issue I have is the comfort of using this product, I absolutely hate the feeling on my face - so gritty. The stinging in comparison to other products is a lot stronger, this doesn’t bother me that much as it subsides quickly but it is noticeable.
Does it work? Yeah, just not as good as the other stuff I normally use, also this one i have to use at night only, it’s awful under my make up.
Doesn’t cause breakouts on me or any allergic reaction but i am used to vit c serums.

The first night there was a strong tingling sensation which was read to be expected, should have washed off after it became nearly intolerable. Woke up with nearly a dozen pimples, I've had relatively clear skin for nearly a year. Figured, OK, I'll just dilute like it states with a bit of lotion..After the second use I've developed painful chemical burns all over my face, specifically under eye area. I've never had a negative reaction such as this before. Horrified, be careful!! Going in the trash.