Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.0

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This literally burned my skin. I love topical vitamin c products (Shout out to Drunk Elephant Firma C)..... but I gave this a try as I applaud The Ordinary 's efforts in bringing effective and budget friendly skincare to the masses.

This ticks the budget friendly box, but what's the use in that if it leaves your skin in worse shape.

on 5/7/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm going to try and keep this short as other reviews have explained the consistency and how difficult of a product this is to use.

Okay, my experience. 1st use....felt the hot prickling itchiness and skin went red, wasn't pleasant at all. Next day 2nd use...didn't feel what I felt the 1st day so was 🙂. Next day 3rd use...OMG felt the same as 1st use but much worser that I had to sit in front of my fan to cool my face down, it burnt my skin in small patches next day the skin was dry and peeling so It would have been very silly to use it the 4th night!!!

I had to heal my skin until it was back to normal again by moisturising a lot and removing the dead skin gently with a warm damp cloth...I stopped using all serums until skin was totally healed, only took a week. Once healed I tried it again but this time I spritz my skin with claudalie grape water after cleansing before applying the the vit c.....felt very minor stinging. Then I didnt apply again for another 5 day and again only felt minor stinging which subsided within a few mins. I will use this once per week to let my skin adapt to it and slowly build it up and use it only at night and only on nights when its not a retin a(tretinion) / acid / niacinamide night....as you must not mix either of these on the same night.

Secret is to spritz face before you apply this.
Start off once per week and build up.
Listen to your skin, don't keep applying if face is sore as you will cause more damage than good.

Great item, will buy again. I use on my face, neck, chest and back of hands... night only. Daytime I use the 12% ascorbyl glycoside from the ordinary but I'm finding this too sticky for my liking so am on search of another vit c for the day but I really want my skin to get used to the 23% as it a great product that does no oxidise and go bad and is cheap as hell...you just can't go wrong with this for night time use as ideally you do not want to apply vit c in the morning as it oxidises with light.

I also use the hylamide, matrixyl, buffet and niacinamide from the ordinary. I have a regime where I incorporate all these products on different days and nights.

I hope this helps. Sorry wasn't kept short lol