Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.0

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this has a very gritty texture but they‚Äčtell you that on the website thats the whole point of the spheres in the name of the product. but God this WORKS. really brightens my skin tone makes it looking vibrant brilliant and flushed with life when I wake up in the morning. much less of that dull dry face look even when my face is dry. this is a great source of vitamin c that won't go bad. can't argue with the shelf life.

on 3/2/2017 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I got this by accident because I meant to get one of the more water-based formulations.

I wanted to like this, and for the record, am a big fan of other Deciem/The Ordinary products, but this just did not work for me.

I have ++ oily acne-prone skin and I found with facial application, this just did not sink in. Massaging it in by any way just caused it to pill up. The greasy film didn't help. I have vitamin C powder that I sometimes add to immediate use face masks (yogurt + matcha + vit C + honey = magic!) and with great results, so I got this. I'm not sure if it is super effective to be honest because I can't handle have a greasy residue for hours on my skin.

TL;DR if you have oily skin, this is not for you. I may be using the product like an earlier poster mentioned, on the body/lips, but for a facial vitamin C thing - not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product. So much so that I bought an extra tube and also some Ferulic acid to go with it.

Unfortunately, as wonderful as The Ordinary products might be with regards to price and ingredients, many of them just don't absorb into the skin. And this product is the worst offender. It is super greasy - the kind of grease that you have to scrub off your kitchen platform and it has some kind of micro granules in it which feel a bit scratchy. No way could you ever wear this in the daytime as they have suggested. But even in the night, this stuff is heavy grease and most of it just gets on to your pillow. You have to wonder how much effect its having on your skin at all. I have stopped mixing it with the Ferulic acid because if this doesn't absorb on its own, then another oily product added to it is a waste.

One good thing I can say about this is it seems really stable for a Vitamin C product. As is my habit, when I've completely squeezed out a tube, I cut it so I can get all the product out. With this product, I got at least 4-5 more applications out of it but I had to store it in another container in the meantime. 5 days on, there is no sign of the usual yellowing that you see in most Vitamin C products even though there is quite a lot of air in the container.

on 5/13/2018 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

There is no denying that the texture of this serum is horrendous. It is thick, greasy and leaves an oil slick on your face. It also does not play nice with other serums and creams. As inelegant as it is, it works like a charm. My skin was noticeably brighter after a week of consistent use. It helps fade both newer blemishes and older discolouration. I only use it at night because of its awful texture. Others experienced severe stinging but I had no issues. I will definitely repurchase.