Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.9

on 8/14/2017 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Initially, the texture of this product turn me off. Then I tried applying it with a slightly damp face or when I had just applied a moisturizing toner. This helps break up the grit and help it sink into your skin. I still only use this at night but I definitely see results.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I wanted so badly for this product to help with my acne scarring and pigmentation but alas it has been over a month and I'm not seeing much change, on top of that the gritty texture of the formulation doesn't help its cause.

For those who love the product and are seeing results, I've read that it helps to have your skin super hydrated before applying the Vitamin C (toner beforehand) and another tip was to mix it with a Hyaluronic acid product, apparently that helps with the absorption as well (this tip was provided by someone who works at The Ordinary to a beauty blogger). But basically the grittiness was on purpose as it's a more powerful dose for our skin.

Good luck to those seeing results! Will not be repurchasing this one.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I like this stuff. A lot. I know the texture is grainy, and the packaging not great, but the cost and how it make my skin look is more than worth it. It is recommended to use this as a night treatment anyway so I have no issues with how it looks under makeup. I put this on a clean face, and the first few times I used it it was very tingly - almost uncomfortably so. It's a similar feeling to the green apple Peel if you have ever used that. If you fan you face for a few minutes tho it's fine. The next morning my skin looks amazing. Clear, glowing and even. The change in my skin since switching to The Original regime has been remarkable.

on 6/22/2017 10:13:00 PM

This stuff burns so bad. I couldn't stand it after the 3rd night. What a waste. It broke me out causing me to have a couple of large pimples on my cheeks. I had high hopes.

on 6/16/2017 6:21:00 AM

I read quite mixed reviews about this vitamin C so I was quite nervous to try it out. The main problems seemed to be the grainy texture, burning on the skin and makeup not sitting properly or balling up on top of this.

I want to start off by saying that I love this vitamin C. I have combination skin, used to be quite acne prone but I have that under control for the most part. Here's my experience -

Because of the way some reviews described the grainy texture, I was actually expecting this to feel like a sugar scrub. It actually feels like super fine sand mixed with lotion. I don't think even that description is quite accurate because this dissolved when applied to my skin and slightly rubbed in, but it didn't feel harsh, like I was exfoliating with sand. I understand the reasons that they have this vitamin C in suspension form, so am happy to use it this way.

I had no issues with burning. I did feel a slight heating up on my face, but no tingling. I have used vitamin C products, retinol and chemical exfoliatants so maybe my skin is accustomed. I used to have sensitive skin so was expecting major burning, but this was a pleasant experience.

As for makeup, I let the vitamin C sit for about 2 minutes before applying the silicone primer by the Ordinary. The I used my loreal infallible makeup. I didn't notice any balling up at all. I also love the way the makeup looked over that primer.

As for the product performance, I have noticed an overall brightening of my skin and more even tone overall. I'm hoping that it helps to fade some of my older pigmentation but time will tell.

Will definitely be repurchasing this product and i'm extremely happy overall.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

To use this product you need to give breakouts a month. Skin is not ready for such an aggressive vitamin C. After your skin got used to it product works perfectly

on 5/28/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Horrible smell and bad breakouts. I think this is complete hype.. Definitely a pass for me. Will not buy again

on 5/4/2017 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

smooths out all the little bumps on my skin!!
i had no idea what this was, the words were too complicated for me but i got it for the price and the rave reviews about the brand..
i have super oily skin and blackhead prone
this helps

on 4/29/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a weird product and I hated it the first few times I tried it. I have melasma (hyperpigmentation) on my upper lip, which looks like a mustache and I have tried everything to lighten it with no results (or just light fading). I got this product and kept trying to figure out how to wear it under sunscreen in the am like you are supposed to do with a vitamin c product, it didn't rub in, it pulled horribly and I felt like I was just rubbing it all off. I watched a video where the lady said that anything with this high of a vitamin c should be worn at night as the formula can't be elegant due to the high amount of vitamin c. I use it at night every other night for 2 nights now and I have never seen such a lightening effect from a product and so fast! I've used it twice now this way and it still pulls like crazy but I just throw an oil on afterwards and pat it in trying to keep as much product on my skin as possible. If a product can be life changing then this is it but you may hate it at first until you figure out how to make it work for you.

on 3/16/2017 10:01:00 AM

This is the shit. Dirt cheap and insanely effective. Please be careful if you have sensitive skin or aren't used to Vit C products. My skin is super inured to crazy things being slapped upon its surface, and even I experience semi-uncomfortable tingling/itching when I apply this. The texture is problematic and it's not pleasurable to use. But this is doing WORK on my hyperpigmentation, clarity, and texture. And that's what I want. I have used at least 5 different kinds of Vit C serums in the past, including Skinceuticals, and not only has this been the most bang for my buck, it has honestly been the most effective.

I use this at night, as my last step. Most of the time I don't use moisturizer over it, since putting literally anything over it is texture hell. But the hyaluronic acid keeps my skin moist. It does take a little while to absorb and you won't look great, but hey, if you use it before bed, it'll be dark right?

The coconut derivatives haven't broken me out in this formulation, and coconut stuff has broken me out in the past.

Seriously recommend if you think your skin can handle it.