Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.5

on 10/16/2017 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a few days now, and I just can't get past the texture. It's gritty and feels more like a facial scrub than a serum. Plus it's very oily, it makes my face extremely greasy. I've developed a few small pimples on my forehead this week and I'm sure it's from this. Wish I could give it a better rating, but the texture is just too weird for me.

on 10/6/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have no idea whether or not this product works, because I only used it a couple times before I gave up. The texture is hard to get used to. It's gritty, which I could get past, but it's also really greasy - which was the deal-breaker for me. It tastes like oranges if you get any on your lips.

on 9/26/2017 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am on my second tube of this. I use it in the morning and layer with other products on top. While I don't really get stinging and I do find it quite moisturizing I don't think I have really had a noticeable improvement in my skin with it. I would expect radiance, perhaps a small reduction in fine lines. I guess the real test would be to stop using it and see if my skin looks worse.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I want to be clear, I am NOT using this on my face and won't even try it with the ingredient list. I bought this to use on my neck, decolletage, and hands.

I am loving this on my decolletage & hands, but it was too strong on my neck. The skin on my hands is brighter & I'm happy I can put A+ ingredients on skin other than my face for an affordable price.

So! after being really angry with this product for the weird gritty texture, i finally worked out how to use it! i squeeze a little bit in between the palms of my hands and warm it up, like you woyld do with an oilserum... the grits dissapear and than i do put it on my face by patting it softly... like that i can use the cream in the morning before my la roche anthelios KA spf50+ . So instead of using it in the evening i use it now in the morning, and that's great so i can use The ordinary Retinoid in the night!! So happy with this discovery because i love what it does for my skin, it gives a nice glow and keeps my skin blemish free... if the brightning effect is working im not sure, i will have to use it longer to see the result...but for now really happy!

on 10/1/2017 12:43:00 AM

I really don't mind the "gritty" feel of this product if it was easier to use, and didn't burn my neck. I find that the only way I can use this is in the a.m., but normally it just doesn't look good under makeup. On days I work at home, I wear it around the house in the morning. One other problem is that if it drip s down on my neck, or gets mixed in with a moisturizer that goes on my neck- I end up with terrible burns. My poor neck looked like I had burned it with a curling iron. The only thing that seemed to help is the Aquaphor Healing Ointment, which I slathered on several times a day. Finally the scabs feel off, but now I have very red skin to cover up. I hope 30% product will suit me better!

on 9/23/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like this, I don't love it. I don't mind the texture, or the weird plastic smell, but I don't find it's doing much for my skin. I find that too much comes out of the tube at once because it is really runny.I wish this did a little more for me, but I honestly haven't noticed a difference in my skin... but you can't beat the price!

on 9/23/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

There's almost an equal amount of love/hate for this product. I'm firmly in the love camp: I feel like I'm getting the benefits of a peel without any of the peeling! I've been using Skinceuticals CE+Ferulic for years, and I've been paying the big money because I thought it was really protecting my skin from sun damage. However, since moving to the beach it's not working that well, even though I'm fanatical about wearing sunscreen, a hat & glasses. When the price went up to $165, I put my foot down. I'm tired of spending a fortune on skincare. My skin is dry. It used to be sensitive, but is now pretty strong from daily Vit. C and weekly glycolic acid.

I chose this suspension because it was the only one from The Ordinary that didn't have silicones. As suggested on the website's regimen guide, I'm using this at night. (I bought the Resveratrol + Ferulic for day, and I'll review that once I've been using it longer. It's taking a lot of discipline to try these products one at a time!)

I was planning to start with a patch test, but when I didn't experience any burning I ended up putting it all over. I shake the tube, squeeze out a pea-sized amount, and spread it across my fingertips. That covers my face, neck, and chest. Make sure your face is dry -- I think water may exacerbate the burning sensation. I expected to feel major grittiness, but honestly, the powder in the formula is super-fine and was barely noticeable. It is also odorless. I gently massage the product in, and it all absorbs into my skin rather quickly. Don't use too much. After it absorbs, I top it with hyaluronic acid and moisturizer. (Love the squalane!) The only times I've felt any tingling was when I had a scratch near my eyebrow, and one time when I spritzed water on my face after applying the serum.

Even after the first use, I saw a difference in the morning. My skin was bright and glowy. Every morning my brown spots are more faded, and my skin is soft and clear. There is no dryness or flakiness. I've purchased the Ordinary's alpha arbutin to deal with brown spots, but I haven't added it to my regimen yet. But I'm really amazed at the results I'm getting from this one, inexpensive serum. It's a winner in my book!

on 9/16/2017 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this. I haven't been using it for very long so I can't speak for the results other than the immediate feel and look after applying this to my face. I feel that it does brighten my complexion and amps up the glow. It is super affordable. Yea, the texture isn't the best but it doesn't bug me. Tingling is minimal on me, and to be honest, I love the tingling sensation. I don't use it everyday, only once a week. I already have a back up, I like it that much. time will tell if it fades my age spots.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

When I ordered this I was pretty scared the Vitamin C will sting my skin but i was very surprised to find out it didn't sting at all (never used a Vitamin C product/and type of acid in my life). After about 3 days of using this once a day (after the shower, letting it soak into my skin for about 100 minutes and then rinsing it), my nose and forehead area that used to get super oily throughout the day actually dried up! It's not an uncomfortable dry-peeled skin kind of feel but a comfortable smooth matt feeling. A feeling I've never felt before and my skin feels incredible. I would even advise putting on a bit of moisturizer to avoid a rough dry feeling.
Overall super happy with it (and with the affordable price tag) and will definitely purchase again!!