Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.2

on 6/22/2017 10:13:00 PM

This stuff burns so bad. I couldn't stand it after the 3rd night. What a waste. It broke me out causing me to have a couple of large pimples on my cheeks. I had high hopes.

on 6/16/2017 6:21:00 AM

I read quite mixed reviews about this vitamin C so I was quite nervous to try it out. The main problems seemed to be the grainy texture, burning on the skin and makeup not sitting properly or balling up on top of this.

I want to start off by saying that I love this vitamin C. I have combination skin, used to be quite acne prone but I have that under control for the most part. Here's my experience -

Because of the way some reviews described the grainy texture, I was actually expecting this to feel like a sugar scrub. It actually feels like super fine sand mixed with lotion. I don't think even that description is quite accurate because this dissolved when applied to my skin and slightly rubbed in, but it didn't feel harsh, like I was exfoliating with sand. I understand the reasons that they have this vitamin C in suspension form, so am happy to use it this way.

I had no issues with burning. I did feel a slight heating up on my face, but no tingling. I have used vitamin C products, retinol and chemical exfoliatants so maybe my skin is accustomed. I used to have sensitive skin so was expecting major burning, but this was a pleasant experience.

As for makeup, I let the vitamin C sit for about 2 minutes before applying the silicone primer by the Ordinary. The I used my loreal infallible makeup. I didn't notice any balling up at all. I also love the way the makeup looked over that primer.

As for the product performance, I have noticed an overall brightening of my skin and more even tone overall. I'm hoping that it helps to fade some of my older pigmentation but time will tell.

Will definitely be repurchasing this product and i'm extremely happy overall.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this vitamin c product for about two months now. The tube is almost finished. Overall, I would say I did see a difference in the fading of acne scars. Although, I dislike the texture of the product. It's very gritty and feels quite thick. I usually apply this product after spritzing my face with water (using Avene thermal spray) and with my hands slight wet (running them under some water). This way, I find that the vitamin c serum goes on easier and the grits dissolve. I won't be buying this product again, I will try the ascorbyl glucoside solution next time.

on 5/18/2017 12:14:00 AM

I'm in my early 30's and have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. I have tried other vitamin C treatments before but at much lower concentrations. I find that my skin does not respond well to vitamin C.

I applied it after cleansing and noticed the "tingling". This turned into itching and some redness. 8 hours later, I had red spots on my cheeks and the itching around my mouth did not go away. I quickly washed it off and noticed the rash it left around my mouth.

I do not react this badly to any other product, including chemical exfoliants and peels...so it may be specific to vitamin C.

I like the packaging and love the price. However this goes on oily and gritty...I can't imagine it working under makeup. Sorry I could not comment on the long term benefits.

This product is a no-go for me. I bought it because I was drawn by the fact that it has 23% vitamin c and there's no water in the formulation. The science and explanation behind making a stable L-ascorbic acid product really intrigued me. Sadly, the texture of this is strange as heck. It's gritty and I feel like I'm sandpapering my face everytime this goes on. I'm used to high percentage vitamin c products so I'm not complaining about the stinging that everyone feels, but the texture was just not elegant. I'm not going to lie, the way a product applies really makes or breaks whether I will stick to using it or not. I tried mixing this with the Hydating Factors serum, and that took the grittiness away but the entire formulation was still extremely greasy. Not to mention, this pills HORRIBLY. I can't use it under makeup, and even when I gently pat moisturiser or sunscreen on top, it balls up into bits that really annoy me. I'm going to find a way to use this tube up, but I'm never repurchasing. 2 lippies only for the idea and science behind it and the belief that it would actually work wonders if I could get it to stay on my skin!

on 5/4/2017 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

smooths out all the little bumps on my skin!!
i had no idea what this was, the words were too complicated for me but i got it for the price and the rave reviews about the brand..
i have super oily skin and blackhead prone
this helps