Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product. So much so that I bought an extra tube and also some Ferulic acid to go with it.

Unfortunately, as wonderful as The Ordinary products might be with regards to price and ingredients, many of them just don't absorb into the skin. And this product is the worst offender. It is super greasy - the kind of grease that you have to scrub off your kitchen platform and it has some kind of micro granules in it which feel a bit scratchy. No way could you ever wear this in the daytime as they have suggested. But even in the night, this stuff is heavy grease and most of it just gets on to your pillow. You have to wonder how much effect its having on your skin at all. I have stopped mixing it with the Ferulic acid because if this doesn't absorb on its own, then another oily product added to it is a waste.

One good thing I can say about this is it seems really stable for a Vitamin C product. As is my habit, when I've completely squeezed out a tube, I cut it so I can get all the product out. With this product, I got at least 4-5 more applications out of it but I had to store it in another container in the meantime. 5 days on, there is no sign of the usual yellowing that you see in most Vitamin C products even though there is quite a lot of air in the container.

on 6/4/2018 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This was my first product of this brand. I just love it because it is so effective. It also contains squalane which does wonders to my skin. I wear this at night because of its oily grainy texture which needs quite some time to absorb.
Whenever I have a huge breakout this is a godsend. Next morning I either have no blemishes at all or everything is soo much better and calmer. It brightens the skin like no other product I've ever used.
I will most surely repurchace

on 5/13/2018 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

There is no denying that the texture of this serum is horrendous. It is thick, greasy and leaves an oil slick on your face. It also does not play nice with other serums and creams. As inelegant as it is, it works like a charm. My skin was noticeably brighter after a week of consistent use. It helps fade both newer blemishes and older discolouration. I only use it at night because of its awful texture. Others experienced severe stinging but I had no issues. I will definitely repurchase.

I used to use a different Vitamin C serum but I think they changed their formula and I didn't like it anymore so I bought this. I use the niacinimide in the morning and this at night. My main problem is hyper pigmentation and this seems to be helping, along with niacinimide. The grittiness doesn't bother me-- it seems to dissolve pretty easily.

I ran out of my usual vit c serum and decided to try this (it was easily available). It’s not something i will repurchase but I will use it up.
The major issue I have is the comfort of using this product, I absolutely hate the feeling on my face - so gritty. The stinging in comparison to other products is a lot stronger, this doesn’t bother me that much as it subsides quickly but it is noticeable.
Does it work? Yeah, just not as good as the other stuff I normally use, also this one i have to use at night only, it’s awful under my make up.
Doesn’t cause breakouts on me or any allergic reaction but i am used to vit c serums.

I recognize all the faults in this products others have mentioned: it stings a bit, it is gritty and oily at the same time and the smell upon application is not so nice (fake tan?).
However, I have been using it for a couple of months, at night , just before I go to bed (alternating with retin-A): I mix it on the back of my hand with a couple of drops of The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% and, applied in this way, the stinging is short and not so uncomfortable (maybe my skin is getting used to it), the texture blends into a sort of oily serum which is quite ok for nighttime and my skin does look brighter and more even the following morning (the weird smell is still there, but I am learning to accept it)
I think I will be using until I get The Ordinary Ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid 15% - I was quite pleased with Hylamide C25 as my vit C to go, but it is no longer sold in Europe due to its high ELAA concentration (25%).

Edit: I suspect this is staining my pillow... removing one lippie

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product as I love vitamin C products, however, it broke me out plus the burning sensation doesn't help.

on 3/17/2018 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. After one week of use daily, my acne scars faded really fast. When I use it on its own, there is a very slight tingling. However, I usually mix it with my moisturiser so that it's less oily.

The down side is that its rather oily for me and has a weird? smell. I'm not really bothered by the "gritty" feels.

The packaging sucks though, I think it is not tight enough so I have to keep it upside down else it will flow out.

The price is really worth it for the concentration of Vit C.

on 3/1/2018 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used DIY Vitamin C serums in the past, so I know my skin responds well to L-ascorbic acid. I've used a couple of vitamin C derivative products (Mad Hippie and Andalou Naturals) recently and discovered that I much prefer straight up L-ascorbic acid. This stuff is ok. The texture is weird, but it's to be expected, it's a suspended powder. I get around it by putting a less than pea-sized drop on my hand, adding 2-3 drops of The Ordinary's Resveratrol, and rubbing my hands together vigorously before patting it onto my skin. My skin tends to be sensitive and applying this way hasn't irritated me yet. I have a jar of L-ascorbic powder and will be DIYing my vitamin C serums for a while. But I would totally repurchase this. It's cheap, kinda-fussy-but-less-fussy-than-DIY, and very visibly improves my skin tone.

on 2/15/2018 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Ugh I wanted to love this. Good Vitamin C serums are usually so expensive and oxidize like crazy. Right off the bat I hated the texture and how it went on my skin. Look I go to bed coated with Aquaphor some nights, so I don't mind being greasy while I sleep or even if I'm at home during the day time. But the greasiness of this was annoying for some reason, and gritty. I also had an uncomfortable tingling sensation the first few times I put this on, but I had expected that. But hey, if it worked in the long run, who cares right? Immediately something was amiss. Just a few hours after I put this on I had beginnings of an inflamed pimple, which I hadn't in a while. Okay, maybe it was something else in my routine. I soldiered on for a while and eventually gave up to focus on my new pimples that were popping up. They subsided. I think I even threw the tube away. But a year or so later, I was tempted again again by some really good reviews and thought maybe I hadn't given this a fair chance. Stupid me buys this exact same thing again (I must say this is not the first time I've gone to products which were probably/most definitely breaking me out. I don't know why I still haven't learned my lesson). Anyway, this time I started slow. I started mixing this with a moisturizer and used it every third day. Yup, same thing again. Oh well, I guess an inexpensive Vitamin C serum isn't in my cards.