Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.6

on 12/2/2017 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Worked well for me. I've been using Vitamin C serums for the years so I wasn't expecting any miracles but more for maintenance. I love both SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic and Drunk Elephant's C-Firma but hate their prices, plus I have to rely on visitors returning from abroad to get my hands on them, which makes it difficult. The Ordinary was very hard to resist with its attractive price point! Anyway despite my years of Vitamin C usage I did occasionally experience mild tingling with the product. It was very random so overall it didn't bother me. To my pleasant surprise I found that it did a great job of keeping my skin even toned and I dare say it did seem to help lighten a patch of pigmentation on my skin .Nothing dramatic but it was noticeably improved (and I imagine the only way to truly eliminate the patch would be a trip or two to the dr's). This was based on my twice a day usage of an AHA exfoliant, this, plus rosehip oil. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because of the it's slightly gritty nature. First few uses it bothered the hell out of me until I learned to either combine it with my face oil or lessen the amount dispensed. Will be interested to try the 30% in silicone base to see if it's just as effective for me minus the grit.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This literally burned my skin. I love topical vitamin c products (Shout out to Drunk Elephant Firma C)..... but I gave this a try as I applaud The Ordinary 's efforts in bringing effective and budget friendly skincare to the masses.

This ticks the budget friendly box, but what's the use in that if it leaves your skin in worse shape.

on 10/19/2017 11:37:00 PM

This product gave the worst BREAK OUT I've had in years! ... After using The Ordinary's Buffet and Niacinamide for over a month and noticing a nice improvement in my skin condition (way less dry patches and less noticeable pores), I decided to incorporate Vitamin C 23% along with Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% (like The Ordinary recommends on their site) I kept using Buffet+Niacinamide at am and did VitC+Resveratrol at pm. There was definitely tingling and there was definitely a gritty texture, I did not mind this at all, what I did mind was how oily this was. I woke up with my face still covered in 'grease'. I reduced the amount considerably the second time I used it (half a pea size of VitC and 2 drops of Resveratrol. The second day I woke up with two pimples/nodules. I kept using it in very tiny amount since I thought the pimples were stress/diet related. After 3 weeks I am now convinced this product caused my break out. I watched my diet and whiteheads and nodules just kept coming. It will take my skin months to recover and the marks on my skin are going to be way worse than before I started using this. This may have worked for some people but not for me. My face has not look like this since I was in high school. For the record, I have mature oily and dehydrated skin and an occasional pimple was never wierd (usually during stressful periods, like a pimple every 2 months or so) My skin was starting to get better before I introduced this product in my rutine.

on 10/1/2017 12:43:00 AM

I really don't mind the "gritty" feel of this product if it was easier to use, and didn't burn my neck. I find that the only way I can use this is in the a.m., but normally it just doesn't look good under makeup. On days I work at home, I wear it around the house in the morning. One other problem is that if it drip s down on my neck, or gets mixed in with a moisturizer that goes on my neck- I end up with terrible burns. My poor neck looked like I had burned it with a curling iron. The only thing that seemed to help is the Aquaphor Healing Ointment, which I slathered on several times a day. Finally the scabs feel off, but now I have very red skin to cover up. I hope 30% product will suit me better!

on 9/26/2017 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am on my second tube of this. I use it in the morning and layer with other products on top. While I don't really get stinging and I do find it quite moisturizing I don't think I have really had a noticeable improvement in my skin with it. I would expect radiance, perhaps a small reduction in fine lines. I guess the real test would be to stop using it and see if my skin looks worse.

on 9/16/2017 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this. I haven't been using it for very long so I can't speak for the results other than the immediate feel and look after applying this to my face. I feel that it does brighten my complexion and amps up the glow. It is super affordable. Yea, the texture isn't the best but it doesn't bug me. Tingling is minimal on me, and to be honest, I love the tingling sensation. I don't use it everyday, only once a week. I already have a back up, I like it that much. time will tell if it fades my age spots.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is honestly a life saver. My skin used to be very oily, i had a lot of pimples and blackheads, The Ordinary's vitamin c serum changed my skin completely!

I use it once a day, let it soak in for a few minutes (usually 15minutes or so), and ever since I started using this, I started seeing major changes in my skin.
It's no longer oily, i barely get any pimples now days, my pores aren't as visable as they used to be, and i barely have any blackheads at all. My skin is bright and naturally sheer. It's also soft and looks yound and not the teenage nightmare it used to be.
I recently bought the vitamin c 30% suspension in silicone and it's texture is a lot better than this one (so I'll be repurchasing the 30% and not the 23%), the 30% is very smooth while the 23% feels oily and gritty.

This product is definetly the best I've ever tried, the price is super affoardable and when using this on a daily basis with other The Ordinary products my skin feels and looks heavenly.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I came out looking like I had burns all over my face. I only applied a pea size over my moisturised face. I should have washed it off as soon as my face started stinging but waited until my face started to blister. It's taken weeks for my skin to go back to normal. Wish I could see the same results as some of the other reviewers are seeing with this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been wanting to try The Ordinary products for a while now so I was thrilled to find it at my local Ricky's, and even more thrilled to purchase 3 products for under 40 bucks. When does that ever happen?

I purchased this, the high adherence primer and the Buffet. This is the stand-out winner for me (the other products were good too but this really wowed me).

I should preface with this: my skin is not sensitive and doesn't break out. I know that's been an issue for others with this product.

I've always found vitamin c (topical) to be highly effective but it's so hard to find a successful vitamin c product due to it's instability. Even high end products fall short sometimes. Before finding this I was adding the powder (cosmetic grade) to my skin by mixing it with an HA serum at the time of application, but that's a pain in the ass, REALLY gritty and while effective not nearly as much so as this.

The texture of this takes some getting used to and yes it's got some grit to it but I like that because at least I know the C is in there and still stable. Also, and this might be a bad idea but those are the only kind of ideas I have, when I apply it I use firm circular strokes and it acts as an exfoliant which I like. I also love that it's unscented.

There's a slight tinge of sting but again my skin isn't sensitive so that doesn't concern me, as it's hardly noticeable and it doesn't last long.

Most importantly, there's a marked difference in how my skin looks and feels the next morning when I use this the night before. It's very soft and smooth and still dewy to the touch, even after a full 8 hours of sleep.

If this were more costly I would probably use this less often and supplement with my diy C serum but thank God I don't have to because I'm pretty lazy and always looking for products effective enough to facilitate that laziness.

In summary, effective, no BS vitamin C treatment at an incredible price provided it agrees with your skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first product review, but I had to do it because I love love love this product. Yes, it's unpleasant to apply. It's gritty as all out, and especially in the beginning, and ESPECIALLY if you've never used a vit C product before, this is going to sting like the dickens. I've found that a tip below, to apply it immediately after a hyurlonic acid product (I use Hado Labo, but I know the Ordinary has its own) reduces both the grittiness and the sting. I would also encourage you to shake the bottle well before application. Yes, it makes my face a bit greasy feeling (and this coming from someone dry as the Sahara), and it takes time for it to sink in. I find that if I wait 5-10 minutes, and then top with a 'dry" oil, like the squalane product from the Ordinary, or any number of my other favorite facial oils, it sinks in faster and I can get on with my life. Finally, the most important part: results! I've used several vit C products over the course of several years, of various concentrations and costs. None have been as effective as this one. After patch testing, I tried this out one evening. The very next day, I noticed a startling difference in texture, brightness, eveness, and tone, and I thought I had pretty good skin to start with . I suffered a bad reaction to a product last summer that has left me with some stubborn PIH that no other product(s) have been able to really reduce. This stuff has virtually wiped it out withing a few weeks. Especially for the cost, this product cannot be beat. My one gripe would be the packaging. While I appreciate the Ordinary's dedication to making sure you can get every last drop, it's easy to dispense far too much product. However, at less than $10 a bottle, I'm not going to cry if a little is wasted here and there. Bottom line, YMMV, but for me, this is an HG product.